• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
So, you play pokemon ranger, and then you happen to come across a pokemon that is seemingly hard to capture while you're having your stylus swung around in the screen in public like you're mentally challenged. Anyways, there is always a pokemon that stops you in your tracks and destroys your capturing device making you start over for your hard work. For me? hmm. LET ME LIST THEM
Ludicolo (my first hardest)
Charizard (practiced and successfully captured it)
Steelix (STILL TRYING TO CAPTURE IT)

Some other opinions on your aggravating Pokemon?

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Entei on the first pokemon ranger

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Steelix in the first ranger game is pretty hard. I found out a trick to capture him, but you got to be really lucky. First, make sure he's coiling up, and when he is, blast him with Plusle/Minun and use Medicham as a pokemon assist and there you go.

Also Ninjask from the first ranger game is insanely difficult to capture as well.

Salamence also gave me some grief too. But I figured out how to circumvent it. After failing for a few turns. I went back and proceeded to capture it and caught it on the first loop.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Salamence in the first one. Loads of loops and immunity to Plusle's zap... @_@

It didn't help that you had to get a certain number of loops to catch it. Thank goodness they replaced that with HP bars...

JDavidC

Arceus in the past missions, when you're alone. Not only do you have to quickly take out 27 other pokemon, several of which are bosses, but you then have to take on Arceus; and with the brutal time limit (not to mention what he does, which I won't spoil here), it's very hard to capture him. I managed to capture him... eventually.

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
gotta agree with salamence. So hard, especially when I cant touch the
middle of my touch screen LOL

lucario295

super genius
steelix and entei in the 1st ranger games all the other pokemon in the ranger games were easy for me

Darkrailuver

Rathalos Knight
also the other day metagross in Guardian signs gave me trouble.
He was hard.

Crystal_Knight

Dragon Tamer
Honchkrow in Guardian signs. I try and try, but I can't catch up with the bloody bird even on my Latias/Latios...

Illusione-Tempus

Salamence was hard since we had to do 22 loops on the guy... Does anyone believe that I managed to capture him during a bumpy car ride?

Then Charizard, me and my bro keep on taking turns with the DS trying to catch him, which we finally succeeded a few hours later...

Then Steelix... was just brutal... Luckily there was a Sneasel around. Cost me my styler energy, but a much extended line is worth it...

Luckily they changed it at the next games, otherwise I might grow hating the Ranger games instead of loving them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Salamence and Steelix in the first game, definitely. To be honest, I never even beat Salamence myself, my cousin did it for me. Also, Steelix took me forever because of not being able to touch it at all. Thanks to the HP bars, none of the pokemon in the other two games even come close. Drapion in Shadows of Almia gets an honorable mention for being the toughest out of the other two games, but it's not nearly as tough as these two. Although I don't think I was able to beat Drapion without Cranidos. Also, am I the only one who thought Guardian Signs was too easy? I blew through it in 2 days and didn't die once. Some of the things I noticed that made it too easy were the upgrade system (the difficulty never seems to rise to accommodate the fact that you're always leveling up your styler), the lack of challenging attacks (like Drapion's puddles that linger long enough to drain his HP bar), and that the HP bar doesn't seem to drain as fast.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've played all three Pokemon Ranger games and I've defeated them all. Throughout each game, I've faced tons of annoying Pokemon, but the Steelix from the first Ranger game is the most aggravating Pokemon, ever. I dislike that thing and when I was playing through the first Ranger game again recently, I almost chucked the DS at the wall because that Steelix was so hard to capture. Even when using a Fighting assist, I couldn't make the loops capture Steelix and my Capture Styler broke about 10 times in a row. I had to get help with that but I was still pretty mad about that Steelix.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Chaiziard from Ranger Signs? I mean, come on! No pokéasists? Not even Pichu? the little guy folows you on the game like. Anywhere!

If Charizard from Guardian Signs is the best you can come up with, then either you haven't played any of the other Ranger titles or you rely on Poke Assists too much. Because not only did I not have remotely any trouble with any of the pokemon in Guardian Signs, but I also barely had to use any Poke Assists the entire game. Am I the only person who thinks this game is a joke?

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
In Shadows of Almia, unless you're using Poke assists(which I did), Regigigas > me. Drapion and Darkrai were fairly annoying as well. And let's not ever, EVER, forget the mighty Capture Arena.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
on the third pokemon ranger game, i am stuck in the past at magmorter -_-
otherwise ive beaten the game and extra missions no problem
but i guess i need to find another player to get passed all these past temples
or buy another game, which id rather not do

G50

No longer posting
Pokemon Ranger 1 -
*1 - Camerupt - took me a couple years to get passed him... Until I realized I could use a styler instead of my fingers -_-
2 - Mr. Mime - Took forever... those barriers drove me nuts!
3 - Muk - those puddles...
4 - Gyrados - was tough to get to the point of using plusle's assist
5 - Ludicolo - tough avoiding the notes...
6 - Charizard - that fire is hard to avoid...
7 - Steelix - avoid touching him was tough
8 - Altaria - What a pain to avoid lowered points!
9 - Entei - for awhile anyway, but then discovered the secret short cut to getting him
10 - Mew (Toughest) - catching it in time was tough.

Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Suicune, and Raikou were the easiest Legendary Pokemon for me, and only took 1 try!

Pokemon Ranger and the Shadows of Almia -
Only Regiggigas - avoiding lowered points to 0 to get him takes many tries every time...

Pokemon Ranger and the Guardian Signs -
Only Metagross - with Recharge being very difficult, takes many tries without losing all points.

all 3 games had flaws, 2 and 3 has what the other needs instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.