• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
What do you mean - Past bosses?

Anyways, steelix wasn't to hard for me, all you needed was a medicham and plusle.

Kyogare in the 1st one was hard for me, It kept on squirting water all over the place, I w\couldent get a single line in. And when I did, It just attacked it. Took me a month to capture it. I also find lucario in the 2nd is hard, even as the 1st guardian.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Steelix in ranger 1. Because you cant touch it.
Ninjask for honorable mention.
Drapion is the hardest boss in Ranger 2, mainly because you have to capture 5 pokemon right before the battle, & around that time, your has what, 40ish energy?
Regigigas is a close second, each step is 18 damage to you styler, though assist make him easy as a Bidoof.
Metagross spammed shields & lasers like nobody's business. Took multiple tries & took forever. You lose all you assist, thank to that 4 point rotating lazer.
Metagross back in the past gets honorable mention.

Wait a minute...
In ranger two, when catching regice wait ten seconds, then try to capture. Hardest boss ever.

Last edited:

Seafarer

Legendary Ranger
Arceus in the past on Guardian Signs. Period. Nothing else comes close. Everything in Shadows of Almia was a breeze, bar Regigigas, who's simple with a Shieldon. Ranger 1 doesn't really register when you've completed every battle in it without Assists (as I have. Well, apart from that durn Mew, and Suicune. But meh). And everything in the main story of Guardian Signs was simple as well, thanks to Pichu, who's immune to being damaged for some reason. Then you go to the past. Feraligatr is nasty, Dusknoir is ridiculous, and then there's Arceus... My friend and I finally managed to get him with 7 seconds left. And we were both Lv.58+.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Voltorb is the most aggravating in my opinion

flygonabsol99

I had extreme problems with ludicolo and charizard in the first game,but that that was a long time ago.In shadows of almia everything was easy. The entire story of guardian signs was easy, and my only current problem is Dexys in the past. I still don't know how to beat it. Never even made it angry.

Saberu

First: Charizard, second round (I haven't gotten past that - the only Pokémon game I haven't beaten!)

Second: Garchomp, scyther, scizor, GOLBAT, skorupi, staravia, and all the others that charge or follow or attack, but Gligar beats them all tenfold.

Third: They were all too easy. (Which tells you I haven't yet done all the past missions.)

Wait, wait, wait. I need to edit this.

Second... ANYTHING in the Capture arena, Togekiss, Garchomp (attacks for ten points of damage and hard to avoid), and GLIGAR.
I am seriously disliking Gligar. Gligar is awful. Next time, I'm taking Snover. :mad:

Last edited:

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
First Ranger game, Steelix, by far. I even powered up with Dark, which doubles the length of the line, and that was still the hardest thing I had ever done. Eventually I had to use an Action Replay, and that still took 5 tries, dang it.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Deoxys in ranger 3, hes alright but the thing is capturing all those friggin agrron, not to mention having to do it in multiplayer!

Shinku

neko, desu~
Rampardos in the second game really annoyed me so much that I stopped playing for a while. After that, my boyfriend just did the hard pokémon with me, finishing with Darkrai ^^; need to replay it again and do stuff for myself XD

P!ppy

Pokemon Ranger
I know most of you hated Steelix, but he actually wasn't that bad. All you had to do was use a fighting assist which makes it SO MUCH EASIER! (I think you only have to do 5 loops with it on) Aside from that, Entei and the Beasts in general were annoying. I don't know how you beat them without powers.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
My god, Ranger 1 was just full of these:

1. CHARIZARD (both times)
2. STEELIX
3. MR. MIME.
4. On a much lesser extent, Billy's Tyranitar, Pupitar and Larvitar. Nice music.

The list goes on and on...

Ranger 2... Am I the only person who found Drapion easy? Cresselia and Heatran were MUCH tougher for me.

Ranger 3 was a joke. I'm not mentioning any because there is no need.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Entei in the first ranger game. It really pissed me off.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Entei in the first ranger game. I remember what I was thinking when I was trying to capture him. I was thinking he needed to die. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.