• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Well, I didn't get too far in Ranger...but in my experience, Steelix. How are you supposed to circle that thing even ONCE, much less 7 times in a row?!

corymatthews92

Pokemon Collector
Charizard and Steelix in the first game. Took me about a month to get pass each one of them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Deoxys, him multiplying himself is annoying

Shadow Jirachi

In the three games:
Ranger 1: Charizard, the first time. Funny enough, I didn't have a problem with him second time round, strangely. Steelix is hard until you finally get a moment to strike, and the final three story mode bosses are hard if Plusle/Minun aren't at the ready and you don't know, for example, that you have to circle Entei to get rid of the flames surrounding it.
Oh, and Billy's Tyranitar, Pupitar and Larvitar battle. Luckily the music's good.
Ranger 2: Drapion. It's the only boss I had problems with. Luckily it was on my favourite part of the game. I didn't play post-story of Shadows of Almia because I lost interest in it, so I don't know of any more bosses. I do wish I could play Liberate the Tower!, but it's sadly gone now and there's no good footage of it on YouTube that's not in Japanese.
Ranger 3: From the story mode, Metagross and its laser spamming. However, it can't even come CLOSE to Arceus in the past missions. That thing is INSANE.

Last edited:

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Easily the hardest Pokemon I had to get was the Charizard in the first game, especially after you lose to it once and no longer have your partner Pokemon. At that point it becomes beyond insanely difficuly to circle it the correct number of times without it attacking or breaking your line. Arceus in the last Ranger game is a pretty close second, but I've only faced it with 2 or more people so 1v1 it's probably harder.

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
Salamence. That thing nearly drove me insane. Eventually I had actually caught it. But I forgot to save, took on Charizard (also a total struggle) and failed. When I realize I hadn't saved, it was hard for me to suppress my pure rage and anger at myself for not saving. It also was hard because it was the middle of the night.

In Ranger 2, I have to say Drapion. That thing held a barricade on my progress in Almia. It was so infuriating! In fact, it might just be the reason my DS has a really floppy top screen.

In Ranger 3, I haven't seen Arceus in the past yet (but I still have the event in the present) because I'm stuck at that Weavile in the Ice Temple. So hard with infuriating speed, even when I have a Blaziken partner.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Charizard, Rayquaza, and Steelix. The 2 because they were long and Charizard just because of its flames the killed me almost everytime. But Entai wasnt that far behind them. With the flames in the ground every second of the fight x:

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
I slided through the second and third games with ease, but that first game... I still haven't beaten it and it's been out since, what, 2007?

I have no idea how I did, but like on my fourth try I managed to beat Steelix but those Mr Mimes back in that factory, gosh! They are just so difficult! I've actually got two versions of the first game (for some reason, my first one I'm playing a a girl and the second I'm a boy), and on the boy one I can't get past those Mr Mimes, while I somehow did it on my girl one.
I'm currently on the hardest part on any game ever on the girl one, the Team Go-Rock Squad base, those damn red lights...

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I slided through the second and third games with ease, but that first game... I still haven't beaten it and it's been out since, what, 2007?

I have no idea how I did, but like on my fourth try I managed to beat Steelix but those Mr Mimes back in that factory, gosh! They are just so difficult! I've actually got two versions of the first game (for some reason, my first one I'm playing a a girl and the second I'm a boy), and on the boy one I can't get past those Mr Mimes, while I somehow did it on my girl one.
I'm currently on the hardest part on any game ever on the girl one, the Team Go-Rock Squad base, those damn red lights...

Yeah, those Mr. Mime were impossible, I was so happy they were replaced by Gastly later on though.

That Steelix was impossible too. The Red lights were hard at first, but there's a really simple pattern. Justvlook at it for a while and you'll figure it out.

But, the bosses of that mission aren't all too hard... It's the Lastoise/Blaziken combo and the Gen II Starter combo that are pure hell to beat.

Estellise

peachy
I, personally, had the most trouble w/ Purple Eyes' Garchomp... It took me forEVER to beat it the first time playing through. I also have trouble w/ Ho-oh in each playthrough.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
I have 3. 1 is a scared buziel that i cant keep up with when it runs and the double team of sharpedo. also agitated raikou. All of these are in pokem ranger gurdian signs.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Registeel is IMO the hardest Pokemon to 'capture' throughout the series. Those annoying balls just keeps on damaging my styler.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Well, good question.

Froslass. You want to know how long it took me to beat that thing? Weeks. Those Ice Type attacks show no justice.

DerpyMail

Derpy Hooves
In the first pokemon ranger, I succesfully captured Steelix, Salamence, Charizard, Entei, etc. It was a terrible mess, almost impossible.
But I reached the end, where you need to capture Raikou, Suicune and Entei in a row. It is truly impossible.
No seriously, I couldn't even capture Raikou. I did once, but got raped by Suicune.. What's the point of making a game so hard? D:

ToeyJoey

The Count
Loudred from the original game, not difficulty, just how to get to it. It was on a ledge and you had to slide down ice and pick the right hole, took too long...

JDavidC

It's been a while since I've played any of them, but soloing (past) Arceus on a timed mission designed for four playersis one of the most difficult things ever, at least it isn't like PR1 where you have to do all the circles in one shot. I used a maxed out Gallade to do it, but, good grief, those Laser Beams of Doom everywhere are just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.