• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most annoying tactic you've faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Post here a tactic in Pokémon that you've really NOT liked to face.
For me, I detest the PoisonJolt combo, where the opponent uses a Jolteon with high speed and defence, toxics you, and raises it's evasivness to the max to watch you suffer, while you cannot hit them once.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
My brother had a Milotic running attract, making me realize that my team accidentally consisted of all males.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
one of my friend had a timid Darkria with a quick claw and would but me to sleep then use nasty plot and then killed my party

artbomber_97

Ultimate Aritist
All the tactics above are gimmicks and will not work on the metagame since they totally rely on hax

legendarypokemonmaster

I hate stuff like parafusion flinch and attract all stacked together, it's just so annoying.

MudkipsAreAwesome

I was there.
Durant and Chandelure combo. When I first saw that tactic, I didn't switch after gaining Truant, and that Chandelure bloody protect/calm mind/flame charge in my face...

(Hacked) Lv.1 Endevour/Ice Shard Donphan@Shell Bell. U cant kill it unless you use priority or multi hitting moves, or Toxic.

Durant and Chandelure combo. When I first saw that tactic, I didn't switch after gaining Truant, and that Chandelure bloody protect/calm mind/flame charge in my face...

(Hacked) Lv.1 Endevour/Ice Shard Donphan@Shell Bell. U cant kill it unless you use priority or multi hitting moves, or Toxic.

Phanphy can do the same thing, just without hacking.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Jolteon passing subs to just about anything, whilst you can't do bugger all to stop it because whenever you switch in your jolteon counter it subs on the switch and roars you away.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
This is a tactic I like to use in double battles. Have a Scarf Articuno that know Sheer Cold and have a No Guard Machamp. 100% acc sheer cold. Then for more speed use a agility baton passer before Articuno

Breloom used to be pretty annoying sometimes, with Poison Heal and what not. Paraflinch Togekiss could also be a bugger. And let us never forget the days of Substitute/Brightpowder Garchomp in a Sandstorm...

Zachmac

Well, I'm working on a gliscor with Sub+PoisonHeal+Toxic orb. In order to beat it, you'll have to OHKO it. :D
Sounds like it'll be fun to pull off. I might try that.

Poison Heal Breloom, one Random Matchup PBR. No sleep Clause. On B/W random match up, a got beaten to a pulp by a Guilotine Haxorus. When I sent out gengar, it used Shadow claw. Unreliable, but annoying.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
one of my friend had a timid Darkria with a quick claw and would but me to sleep then use nasty plot and then killed my party

All the tactics above are gimmicks and will not work on the metagame since they totally rely on hax

I dunno, switch the Quick Claw out for, say, a Life Orb or something, and the Darkrai thing could work. It's not that different than the Sleep Powder/Swords Dance/Power Whip Venusaur that was all over UU last Gen.

sabazon

The most annoying tactic I have ever faced was when I was in the Battle Castle and the person who I was facing had a Maractus. All that it used was
Ingrain
Acupressure
Mega Drain

I didn't realize what it was doing in the beginning because it just kept using acupressure then when I got it to low health it used Mega Drain and Ingrain....over and over.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Mind Reader+Sheer Cold Articuno. If OHKO moves were allowed, Articuno would be Uber(or at least OU.)

Togekiss.
Thunderwave + Air Slash.

Game Over.

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
uber buffering a pokemon + substitute. it's just incredibly annoying and even when you have a type that should easily beat them they win because of the incredible defense + attack boost and substitution that all combine and prevent you from touching them.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Jirachi+Thunder Wave+Iron Head rapes you.

Status
Not open for further replies.