• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most annoying tactic you've faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDanger

never played little cup, but that sounds terrible. i wanna do a storm drain cradily with leftovers, stockpile, recover, giga drain, and.. something else. idk yet lol

HP fire/toxic, its as annoying as lileep
hmm, i fought a sub seed ludicolo, freaking annoying in the rain :L

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
speaking of rain, i think the most annoying tactic in the entire metagame is DrizzleSwim. :/ it's so broken.

Rabid_Latias

Got Latias?
speaking of rain, i think the most annoying tactic in the entire metagame is DrizzleSwim. :/ it's so broken.

Drizzle + Swiftswim aren't allowed on the same team. Atleast if you follow Smogon tiers, which most people do.

I think the most annoying tactic is stall. Rain Stall teams are just annoying. It takes no skill to pull off a stall team - you aren't predicting, setting up, or outplaying. Its the equivilant of Gen 3 Annoyer Ludicolo. Comboing protect + Toxic on a wall, then having that on 3 of your Pokemon is more of an annoyance to go agaisnt then anything - it gets dull

Zachmac

It takes no skill to pull off a stall team - you aren't predicting, setting up, or outplaying.
False. Stall teams have many threats that they often have to play around in order to defeat. Reuniclus. How do you stall out a bulky pokemon, that's immune to hazards, status, and has a recovery move to get past night shade or seismic toss? Gliscor is in a similar spot, along with Breloom. There are plenty of things that can wreck stall if you aren't careful. These obstacle, along with many others, make stall teams very difficult to pull off. If you want more pokemon that can give stall problems all by themselves, go ahead and ask. Using all sorts of team genres, I've got tons I can list off to check any kind of team.

Setting up is something they have to do as well, just in a different way. Spikes and Toxic Spikes, while they don't boost your stats, still have to be set up, more then once even.

And let's look at offense. It's set up and then crush your opponent. When that pokemon faints, you send another out to do it again. You keep this up until you either win or lose. All of the skill there is in team building and planning, not one the battlefield itself. There is no predicting or outplaying there.

Volt Turn. If someone tries to swap out, a pokemon will usually use U-turn or Volt Switch. Currently, this is the most common strategy, and it's simply leaping back and forth between pokemon in a way that minimizes predicting.

Let's face it; most pokemon players try to avoid predicting as much as possible. They want to leave it up to how well they built their teams, rather then "I hope I was right".

It is easy to understand why you're annoyed by stall. I'm not saying not to, I'm just pointing out that it's not really all that easy.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Drizzle + Swiftswim aren't allowed on the same team. Atleast if you follow Smogon tiers, which most people do.

I think the most annoying tactic is stall. Rain Stall teams are just annoying. It takes no skill to pull off a stall team - you aren't predicting, setting up, or outplaying. Its the equivilant of Gen 3 Annoyer Ludicolo. Comboing protect + Toxic on a wall, then having that on 3 of your Pokemon is more of an annoyance to go agaisnt then anything - it gets dull
yeah, i know Smogon tiers and i typically follow them. That doesn't stop anyone from using them in Random Matchup, or the VGC's though.

Klaus™

Banned
whoever said stall is easy to play is wrong. it has to be perfect, or you will be outstalled, beat up by HO teams, etc etc. i cant really add any more, zach already said everything.

anyways, ive recently found 3 pokemon that are just annoying as crap: subseed whimsiscott, easiest to beat. sableye, harder to beat. and parashuffling dragonite. -.- if you dont have a heal beller, you are screwed.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Only a few strategies really annoy me: Toxicstall (where they use Toxic and Protect and watch as you slowly die), Prankster Volbeat (other Prankster users don't really give me a problem for some reason...), and Baton Passing strategies (even though I can shut them down pretty well and a couple of my teams have it, they still irritate me to a degree).

EDIT: I just remembered that I don't like facing SD or CB Technician Bullet Punch Scizor. While it's not really a tactic, it does irritate me every once in a while when I face a Scizor.

lisalynn

I love stalling. :p Those who spam protect+toxic on every pkmn aren't experiencing the full potential of a totally in synch stall team! & not predicting!? You have to predict no matter what strategy you're using, that's how you win, staying one step ahead!

Zachmac, if I make a RMT thread and PM you, would you mind going over it? It and I are still very new to competitive battling and I'd like someone to go over it, even though I've been having decent success so far. Edit with a link to thread. I'd love feedback!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Moderators...

Toxic stall Gliscor, so hard to counter with its Protect and Substitute.

Zachmac

Zachmac, if I make a RMT thread and PM you, would you mind going over it? It and I are still very new to competitive battling and I'd like someone to go over it, even though I've been having decent success so far. Edit with a link to thread. I'd love feedback!
Nope, I wouldn't mind at all.
Toxic stall Gliscor, so hard to counter with its Protect and Substitute.
Gosh, this thread makes me feel like a troll sometimes.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Gosh, this thread makes me feel like a troll sometimes.
Right? SubProtect Toxic stall is awesome. especially when Sub and Protect have max PP. If you're faster than them, you win. :p

Eaglehawk

Banned
untitle.JPG

yuh

Leaf_Umbreon

Dat Dell Tower
rivarly CB Haxorus it works but if i brought something to counter it thats another story...
that thing 4-0'd me

I think I just found another annoying tactic. Some people use the bad offensive stat of an offensive Pokemon. For example, I just played against a special Gyarados. I assumed it was physical, so I switched my Politoed out for Tornadus, since I as expecting Earthquake, and Gyarados used Thunder. Trolololololo.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I think I just found another annoying tactic. Some people use the bad offensive stat of an offensive Pokemon. For example, I just played against a special Gyarados. I assumed it was physical, so I switched my Politoed out for Tornadus, since I as expecting Earthquake, and Gyarados used Thunder. Trolololololo.

Unless they make it mixed to mess with your head even more it's not really effective after the first pokemon

Depends on the Pokemon. Special Tyranitar could make a nice lure, and it has a decent SpA stat to abuse. But if I see a special Gyarados with that amazing base 60 SpA, I'm going to set up on it and smile during every second of it.

Klaus™

Banned

so the spirit of specschamp goes into gyarados....

and not always is using the lower stat not effective. i happpen to run a very good physical magmortar, but when people see it, they say go special. i dont want to go special :/ i wanna abuse flare blitz and mach punch. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.