• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most annoying tactic you've faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Whimsmicott is also annoying, Taunt + sub-seed= why were you born?

that and substitute, toxic, d-team, rest spiritomb...i hate people who use evasion-up moves even tough they are banned.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
This is the most useful and yet cheapest tactic of all in triple battles.

Order Line Up.

1. Whimiscott 2. Terrakion 3. Weavile.

Attack Order.

1. Whimiscott used Tailwind
- Teams Speed is Raised.
2. Weavile Used Beat Up on Terrakion.
- Terrakions Attack is Raised a Bunch of Times...
3. Terrakion used Rock Slide.

Gameover.

I have had that happen to me, except it was a Cobalion instead. I managed to beat it becuase it had Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide however.

That tactic works in Doubles as well as Whimsicott can use Beat Up as well.

Something more annoying than that would have a to be the most annoying Doubles Cradily ever. It was in a Sandstorm, had used Stockpile 3 times and had Giga Drain, Leftovers and Ingrain. You already know that this thing is a beast, but it gets worse when it has Storm Drain and its partner uses Surf over and over again so Cradily gets up to +5 or +6 SpA in no time.

Game Over.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Ferrothorn with Leech Seed/Spikes, Double team, Protect and Toxic. God... so annoying.

Killarflame

Demigod of Darkness
The most annoying that I have found was a conkeldurr with sheer force that spammed hammer arm while holding a quick claw.
Whenever you fly it uses cross chop

George~©

All Gravy
Some guy did this to me once on PO:

Durant + Truant + Entrainment on my Feraligatr
Switch into Shadow tag Gothitelle
Protect on the attacking turns
Calm Mind until +6 on derping turns

He then started trash talking, so I killed him with scarfed Staraptor. It was annoying that the guy went through so much effort, thought he was amazing, then got killed. Furthermore got swept by staraptor and Reckless Brave Bird. No GG from him. I lol'ed.

Anything, ANYTHING Japanese players come up with.

They're good... Can't ever beat 'em...

Sigh...

You lose because they're better than you, not because they're Japanese.

tbh I immensely hate the Prankster-Sub Tactic on Whimsicott, I find it mega troll in OU and very annoyying too deal with :L

Why not run a grass type or magic guard poke? Ferrothorn and Reunicles effectively shut him down in OU.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I've gotten into a Rotation Battle once and this guy was using prankster Thunderous and was spamming thunder wave. I finally out witted it with latias but I never defeated his last pokemon because my Scizor was paralized for 2 straight turns. So much for winning with Bullet Punch.

cdawg3574

I DO THIS SH*T!!!!!
I just faced a durant in Free random wifi, swept my team with 3 guillotines... Like 3 hits in a row, though? WTF?! And with hustle as the ability?! Word?

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
doubles-whimiscott+terrakion, tailwind&protect, beat up&rock slide(respectively)
singles-rain+spore subseed parasect with leftys and dry skin, it kills

Yamborski

Not a Crunchwrap
I was battling someone the other day, every single poke had protect. So obnoxious.

Randomness

He is already here.
FEAR.

I tried out this with a 6-Rattata team against my friend.

She refuses to ever battle me again.

As for personal experience, probably Curse-Calm Mind-Giga Drain-Toxic w/ Leftovers( I think). It made me lose the 2nd last match until Phrase 2 Thorton in the Battle Factory. ARGH!!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You lose because they're better than you, not because they're Japanese.

Why not run a grass type or magic guard poke? Ferrothorn and Reunicles effectively shut him down in OU.
Honestly not a bad idea actually.

zerofield

i miss miror
i have to say the triples thundurus-terrakion-whimsicott setup. thundurus-tailwind, wimsicott-beat up terrakion, justified activates, terrakion rock-slides and you die. rinse and repeat on the second set of three. its evil...

Status
Not open for further replies.