• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Most Annoying Thing In PBR

Blazios

Just to add my extra 2 cents in... It was the final set aswell.. Mwuahahaha!!

Thank You, I'm quite aware...

Now wait just a minute... Mysterial doesn't have Snorlax in Set 8! This race is still on!

Wait 'til you get to Set 8...

Last edited:

Knight_Ram

It wasn't? What? Oh s***!! Haha!! It wasnt!! Bahahahaha!! I failed.
It was his 7th set. I thought it was his 8th.

Blazios

Don't you mean Set 4? Because that's the last time somebdy uses a Snorlax until Set 8.

Mysterial's Set 8 team is REALLY starting to anger me now...

Knight_Ram

Don't you mean Set 4? Because that's the last time somebdy uses a Snorlax until Set 8.

No seriously, he used a Snorlax on me on set 7. Maybe that explains why it had so many critical hits on me everytime!! Seriously. No bloody lie.

Hackers on Wi-fi? I guess I could understand that, just yesterday I about threw the controller across the room because this person got FIVE critical hits on me in a row, IN A ROW. And guess how many I got? Zero. He didn't even have held items to boost his critical hit ratio, just leftovers. Or maybe it was pure luck. Oh well, another thing I can't stand is, if I change my mind about a command and go backwards, it takes FOREVER.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Bahaha!! I love that one. So cocky. I love it. Props :p

True though. I use all-shiny passes, and when I finish someone off annoyingly (sucker punch cacturne that looks like a big-bottomed gingerbread man for instance) or they get 6-0ed, n00ber users almost invariably do not swap passes. Same applies to the rare EV users if something similar happens. And really, who'd refuse a shiny pass? They must surely be at least interested to find out if they're hacked or not. And another related thing: n00bers who win through pure, absolute luck (UnEVed kyogre vs. 2 of my guys getting a quick claw double critical water spout FTL. Had the quick claw not activated he'd have been taken down, and had it not been critical at least my salamence would've survived to take him down).

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles

Its just starting to? Ive been irritated by that guy for ages. Wish I could beat the bugger. im thinking of useing an explosion team on him since he has no defenses against them (at least his diamond set dosent).

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
I didn't find Mysterial set 8 too hard. I beat his Pearl set fairly easily with kyogre, toxicroak, qwilfish and staraptor, and I could've probably beaten his Diamond set easier- toxicroak can be a real gamebreaker (Someone I once fought on randoms knew, lol. Team of 5 toxicroak and a politoed. Sadly no pass exchange). My signature qwilfish set of protect/waterfall/poisonjab/explosion @life orb w/swift swim is a great poké to use against both Mysterial set 8s.

Xous

Neon Coliseum was pretty annoying, but Mysterial was a pain in the butt after I just wanted to fight him again for fun. I easily beat him the first times I needed to in order to complete the Coliseum, but now that I've fully beat the game and just want to fight him for fun, I can't seem to win. xD

I guess I just have bad luck when it comes to Ice Beam's 10% chance of Freezing my Pokemon. xD (Curse you, Manaphy...)

However, I suppose I could just change my team... ^_^;

Blazios

Its just starting to? Ive been irritated by that guy for ages. Wish I could beat the bugger. im thinking of useing an explosion team on him since he has no defenses against them (at least his diamond set dosent).

Well, first it was irritating, then annoying, then aggravating, then irritating again, then it began to anger me. And I'm against the Pearl team, and Mewtwo and Groudon kills all. I'm planning to catch a Kyogre on Emerald, hatch a Timid Manaphy with good IVs, and then proceed to make a Rain Dance team.

MarioMitch5984

A Poketopia Master

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
What annoys me is the constant flow of Palkias I come across. Five out of Seven people I fought yesterday had them. And they always use Spacial Rend. Goddamnit, I want a real battle.

I have a weird way of going about my battles which may annoy people, though - Put Regigigas, Cresselia and Giratina in three of the slots and then use the other three pokemon for battle (Charizard, Feraligatr and Sceptile). They can then put up a fight and get some free legendaries, to boot.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
What really grings my gears is people that use ubers online. I just started online yesterday and I have a record of 3-4 now b/c of the legendaries. 2 Losses to Water Spout Kyogre, 1 to a Roar-of-Time Dialga, and one to a damn good battle where I think she had 1 Pokemon left. Ubers really tick me off tho.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
4? Geebus, I've met 14 with legendaries. My streak is 4-18, 5 being the amount of ordinary matches. My latest battle with a Palkia was a win, though.

I've also met Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Giratina and Heatran. I've met Spiritomb, but it wasn't a wondertomb.

Edit: Oh yeah, I think I've met an Arceus, too. No Shaymins or Darkrais, though...yet.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The fact that courtyard is the best stage, yet you can't turn off the fog :/ (for wifi that is)

I would agree. The Courtyard Colosseum has my favorite music in the game, and I like its atmosphere. I should probably make a weather team in the future and play Courtyard Colosseum using that to make sure the fog doesn't get in my way.

Blazios

I tried Sunset Colosseum a minute ago. Here's how the first round went:

Machoke (Guts, with Black Belt) and Shelgon vs Machoke (Guts, with Black Belt) and Forretress

Turn 1

Shelgon used Zen Headbutt!
Shelgon's attack missed!
Foe's Machoke used Dynamicpunch!
Machoke became confused!
Machoke is confused!
Machoke hurt itself in its confusion!
Forretress burrowed its way underground!

Turn 2

Shelgon used Zen Headbutt!
Shelgon's attack missed!
Foe's Machoke used Dynamicpunch!
Shelgon became confused!
Machoke is confused!
Machoke hurt itself in its confusion!
Machoke fainted!
Forretress used Dig!
Shelgon fainted!

I turned it off at that point. Now if that isn't hax then what is?

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Now I can say I've met Dialga, Uxie and Azelf. Stunningly, the Dialga did NOT spam Roar of Time (he used it once as his final move). He used fair tactics which took me down either through sheer Dialga power or my own error (I switched Charizard into an Ancientpower. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why that became a OHKO). I nearly killed it, though.