• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most annoying thing that happened to you

FiceTwice

For me, I was trying to catch a Gible in Wayward Cave, on my sixth time restarting platinium and Ohhh what do i see? A GOLD SHINY GEOGUDE.

I`m all busted to see a shiny pokemon but then 2 sec after I fear for one but only one thing...

You can guess it, right? SELFDESTRUCTION

And you know what happened, exactly what i feared. ****ING SELFDESTRUCT

P.S. I only had Poke Balls since i restarted the game and I only defeated second badge. I did throw a Poke Ball in hope it would catch it before it explodes, but it did not xD

Your turn now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Also, Quick Balls are handy. I caught a shiny Geodude first round by using a Quick Ball; it did not have a turn on Self Destructing on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, there's no need for that sort of thread title, even if the thread topic itself is alright. Hence editing it out (and removing some hence off-topic posts about an old title).

EDIT: And done. Carry on talking about annoying things that happened to you while playing DPPt.

All I can say would be something about receiving a lot of hax in the odd battle here and there. Never had a shiny explode on me, and the ones I encountered that could use Roar I purposefully had a backup (was chaining for shiny Houndour so made use of a Lileep with Suction Caps for safety's sake). Annoying to set up for I guess but workable.

The roaming moltres in Platinum was a right bugger for me to catch as well; many attempts wasted on that now boxed Pokemon.

Last edited:

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Thanks bobandbill. ^-^

Anyhow, I ran into a purple Wurmple in Sapphire during one of my early playthroughs. I thought my game was glitching, so I shut it off. You guessed it; it was shiny.

Rrawwr

RAWR Trainer
Well...
TURN ONE:

A wild Deino appeared!
-Shiny noise-
Go! Rrawrie!
Rain used one Quick Ball!
'Metal whizzing sound-
Me: YESH CRITICAL CAPTURE!
Pokeball: Whizzz, -Pop-
Aww, it was so close too!

TURN TWO:

Rrawrie, use bite! -Anticipation that it would be HP lowered, Rrawrie was the same level-
-Bite-
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
The wild Deino fainted!

ME: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! DANG.

- Rrawwr ;4;

FiceTwice

Yeah, there's no need for that sort of thread title, even if the thread topic itself is alright. Hence editing it out (and removing some hence off-topic posts about an old title).

EDIT: And done. Carry on talking about annoying things that happened to you while playing DPPt.

All I can say would be something about receiving a lot of hax in the odd battle here and there. Never had a shiny explode on me, and the ones I encountered that could use Roar I purposefully had a backup (was chaining for shiny Houndour so made use of a Lileep with Suction Caps for safety's sake). Annoying to set up for I guess but workable.

The roaming moltres in Platinum was a right bugger for me to catch as well; many attempts wasted on that now boxed Pokemon.

Well I couldn't use quick balls since I only had PokeBalls on me. It was a pure luck encounter.

Kalosian

So long
Testing a new team in the Battle Tower, getting all the way to the Tower Tycoon. Only his Cresselia left against my own Cresselia which had 5 Calm Minds under its belt.
And I lost the battle since I played so damn stupidly. That is probably the most annoying moment I have experienced in the Sinnoh games.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
In 4th gen, it's a tie between fainting a shiny Camerupt because of a misclick, watching a shiny Geodude Selfdestruct on me, and having 100% accurate moves miss five or more times in a row in the fog.

In 5th gen, it's between fainting a shiny Timburr and losing my 77th match in the Battle Subway because both my Pokemon froze on the same turn.

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
I did 2 hours of traning and i saved i turned it back on it said that it lost my data or something like that and i had to do 2 hours of traning again in platinum

☭Secret_Shocker☭

It was when I spent many hours training and forgetting to save and accidentally turned off my system. Now I have to make up for it...

gb3

My game froze when I was going to beat Aaron of the elite four

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Caught a Shiny Gyarados in Diamond while fishing north of Floaroma for the Pokédex. Great success.

Two days later, HeartGold and SoulSilver are announced.

All of my raqe.

jrcp3

In Pearl, I swept Palmer's Rhyperior and Dragonite with my Espeon after 2 failed attempts. Then, his Milotic came up and put my Espeon to sleep. All went downhill from there.

cain004

Ferothorn Enthusiast
seeing tens of thousands of pkmn but not finding any shinies EVER

I was trying to catch Giratina in Turnback cave. I lowered it's HP to red and began throwing Dusk Balls at it. It refused to be caught and the battle went on so long that it eventually ran out of PP, used Struggle, and killed itself. That was probably the most annoying thing for me.

nurse187

Ah the most annoying thing happen to me. Well for starters i obtain all pokemon without cheats. so gba games trasfered all pokemon up to diamond. then recently got zoura and celbi and arceus etc etc. well i loaded in my dimamond to trade all of them to white. and found my game completley erased. My son decided he wanted to start a new game. well he did over 450 plus pokemon erased. OUCH is all i can say. oh this is also from the gamecube with the link.

G50

No longer posting
One time I forgot to save in Pokemon Pearl before facing Giratina, with 2 hours worth of game I had done since I last saved. I failed to catch it, and had to return to where I last saved to still try and catch it again.

diendXX

broke the chain at 39th when i was chaining a Dunsparce and chain broke at 38th when i was chaining a Larvitar

blackterminator3

On my 4th run on Pokemon Diamond, I had to soft rest to get a shiny Dialga. The moment it happened. I was in complete shocked, it worked the 23rd time. Annoyed was, but when I was about to capture Diagla with a Ultra Ball, I accidentally sneeze while my eyes was closed and what happens, ding dong a master ball. I was to be either happy or depressed about it. :(

Ziva

Hearthome
This is pretty common but the most annoying thing that happened to me was defeating a pokemon i really wanted. That happened to me countless times!!