• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most epic team evaaa! Rate plz!

Archaic

rawr!
250px-SoulSilverJP-ART.jpg

Pokemon SoulSilver Team!

Hi! This is my SoulSilver team and my competitive team. Please rate and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Team at a Glance:
160.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
135_jolteon_1_m.png
Gliscor_sprite.png
242.png
Houndoom.gif

Feraligatr.jpg

Feraligatr

Feraligatr @ Life Orb

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Torrent

- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP

*The purpose of this Feraligatr is to use it as a attacking lead. It gets a Dragon Dance off first, then can outspeed many other pokemon due to its Jolly nature and its boost. It also has an all physical moveset. After a DD, it can OHKO/2HKO many walls and other pesky pokemon.

248.png

Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Life Orb

Nature: Admadant
Ability: Sand Stream

- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 ATK/252 DEF/4 HP

*Yay! Another physical monster! (I have a thing for them) This Tyranitar is unique. I didn't invest any Speed EVs. Its a physical tank, kinda like Snorlax except more epic. It, like Feraligatr, has an all physical moveset with the exception of Swords Dance. It gets a Swords Dance off first, boosting its attack to unbelivable levels. Then it can utilize its all physical moveset and kick some ***. Also, it's almost impossible to take down.

Houndoom-1.jpg

Houndoom

Houndoom @ Leftovers

Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire

- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

EVs: 252 SpA/252 SPE/252 HP

*Behold.... Houndoom. One of the most epic pokemon of all time. Also a extremely potent late-game Nasty Plot sweeper. It gets a Nasty Plot off first (Usually takes first turn). Then it cripples the foe with a Will-O-Wisp. Then it destroys opposing teams with its 2 STAB attacks, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse. KABOOM GOES THE OTHER TEAM!!!

472.png

Gliscor

Gliscor @ Life Orb

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil

- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Roost

EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/252 HP

*Finally. The famous but rarely seen SD Gliscor. Extremely powerful and amazingly epic at the same time. Ok. It uses Swords Dance first, boosting its attack ALOT. Then it uses its two physical attacks to sweep. It uses Roost if neseccary. (Or if it last that long...) to recover from Life Orb recoil and damage. It also works really well in Double Battles with my Tyranitar due to its ability.

jolteon.jpg

Jolteon

Jolteon @ Leftovers

Nature: Modest
Ability: Volt Absorb

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Charge Beam
- Protect

EVs: 252 SpA/252 SPE/4 HP

*Jolteon is one of the most potent late game sweepers due to its typing and high SpA and SPE stats. In this set, it has all special attacks and Protect. For me, I usually use Charge Beam and hope it raises my SpA (Charge Beam has 70% chance of raising SpA). Then I can use Shadow Ball and STAB Thunderbolt to their full potential. It also has Protect for coverage.

blissey.jpg

Blissey

Blissey @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm
Ablility: Natural Cure

- Toxic
- ThunderWave
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA

*This Blissey annoys even the nicest people. I absolutely hate Blissey, and thats precisely the reason that i'm using it. It has an arensal of status afflicting moves and a HP recovery move. It is also able to take down physical Dragon types with Ice Beam. So this is how it works:
1. Afflict Paralysis condition on fast pokemon to reduce Speed/Afflict badly poisoned condition on bulky pokemon
2. Right when opponents think they have taken down Blissey, use Softboiled to make them RAGE QUIT.
3. Take down annoying Dragon types slowly with Ice Beam.

Team Overview: I personally think this is a well balanced team. But I would like opinions from experienced battlers. I am also aware that I am lacking a physical wall. I will get to that problem later with Swampert or Skarmory.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS RMT!!! :D

Attachments

• 135_jolteon_1_m.png
    135_jolteon_1_m.png
    729 bytes · Views: 111

iMillenium

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Squeeze in a skarmory to make blissey a better wall...
It is commonly known that they are a excellent combo

TyphlosionXD

Elite Four Flint
Pretty good team. Excellent moveset for blissey, though wish is preferred over softboiled. But that's hard to come by. Good work.

firehound

Okay pretty nice team but you have no physical wall. Gliscor can be your physical wall. The reason is, first off you have too many swords dance sweepers. Only one or two physical sweepers is just about enough. So I would make Gliscor your physical wall.

Feraligatr should have superpower instead of crunch. Tyranitar already does that better. And without superpower, you are pretty much walled by steels.

Second, Jolteon should be timid nature if you really want to sweep. You dont need leftovers on such a frail pokemon. Instead get him life orb and swap out protect and put in signal beam to counter celebi.

Houndoom is also a problem. Again you dont need leftovers on such a frail pokemon. And since you already have Jolteon as your special sweeper, use Houndoom as a mixed sweeper including sucker punch. That way he can overcome his medicore speed. Also make his nature Hasty if your planning to do that and give him a life orb. If not mixed, then timid nature with life orb is best. And give Houndoom either fire blast or overheat, flamethrower just doesnt have enough power and Houndoom needs the power to KO some because he is so frail if you dont kill them, they will kill you back. And you Houndoom and Gliscors EV spreads are wrong. Why do you have 252 for 3 stats?

Also if you want your Tyranitar physical tank, make his HP 252 instead.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Honestly since this is fourth gen go specially defensive ttar do help combat gengar especially subdisable and heatran go max def with blissey and throw in a rotom for your ghost and skarm with spikes over gliscor

cooldeadpunk777

First of all Tyranitar can be your lead instead. Your Tyranitar can easily set up Stealth rock. Also as Firehound mentioned you need to fix your EV spread for your Pokemon. It would be nice if we could have 3 252 spreads but unfortunately it just isn't possible.

La Parka

Best In The World
I'd probably swap Gliscor and T-Tar with Gengar and Skarmory. :p