• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Most Ludicrous Fan Complaints

PDL

disenchanted
It's just dropped to stupidity at this point to the fact that the one group is still around after one and a quarter years trying to find a "reasonable" way to save the dub despite knowing **** about what the hell they're doing.

Oh yeah, that.

I consider that whole SOVA movement a failure of colossal proportions. The only things those guys did were flamewars about how the new voice actors suck.

I already did in my other post bum, bum, bum....

Can't be stressed enough though.

Last edited:

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
I dont really care if people complain... but there are a few that just drive me nuts.

1) People talking about the japanese to the english and how much it sucks...
2) People who are all pikachu shouldnt be that strong blah blah he is so whatever.
3) Mostly people who compare the anime to the games (They are completely different pretty much Nothing alike) so levels it doesnt matter...
4) Also people who complain about people who are complaining which is what we are all doing here... lol. A few of the things mentioned on these threads are obviously things i complain about but who doesnt?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
My all time favorite idiotic fan complaint: "AIM FOR THE HORN!!!!"
It happened 10 YEARS AGO! Those people on Smogon need to chill and move onto something more relevant
The "doughnuts" is a definite runner up

Weedle_Mchairybug

well, In regards to fan complaints, well, All I can say is the whole complaining of how people are complaining about stuff from several years ago is a bit ludacrous since, really, even in history classes, they complain about what happened in history classes.

another thing is how they complain about people bringing back a character, when it was thanks to the entire fanbase that Brock even returned after the orange islands. I just find these things to be hypocritical.

I also find it to be a bit hypocritical that certain respected members try to put down newcomers (or noobs) and act somewhat immature when it turns out that they were right (Like Ash getting chimchar, and the Aipom/Buizel trade.) and, when acknowledging that they are right, they still insult them (No offense, of course, just noticing some things).

also, off-topic, but it must be done...

Currently, the only really batshit insane poster around here is Weedle Mchairybug. It does a world of good to add this guy to your ignore list since the only thing he adds to any thread he ever posts in is a gigantic headache.

Look, everyone, I think I have a better idea. How about we just add PDL to our ignore lists? I mean, really. would you guys like it if HE insulted your family and friends, especially if you never insulted him in the first place? If you don't, and you have been Insulted by him before, I highly suggest that we add him to all of our Ignore lists.

In case you are wondering Just how I know this, simple, my family and friends were insulted by him last thanksgiving, and I never did anything to insult him prior to that.

This is the quote in question:

Besides, Misty is not really of the female anime stereotype. think deep down, do you really want something as sexist and obscene as someone of the typical female anime stereotype on the main cast? Would you really want another "Love Hina" kind of female character (I'm asking this because May and even Dawn have several similarities to those characters (physically and especially in how they act.).)? Or even how those animals in "Princess vs. Princess" acted? I don't know about you, but I, my world Literature class, and especially My family most certainly doesn't.

That is quite possibly the most idiotic thing ever posted on the internet. Ever. I'm serious, I was civil eariler in the post but now I can't take you seriously anymore.

So a show isn't allowed to have a female character that may act stereotypically... female? Dawn and May are somehow sexist because they are more girly then Misty? (who is actually very girly herself.) WHAT. THE. ****.

Tell me. Were you raised by hicks or something? Because if your family and literature class actually gives 8 shits about a cartoon like this, I say they all have the combined intellect that's lower then a goddamn boiled cabbage if they actually believe that sort of drivel you just spewed out from your cornhole.

I swear, I've eaten caesar salads more intelligent then you. No offense.

I mean, honestly, there was nothing derogatory towards him in that part of my post that he responded to, and he decided to insult not only me, but also my family and friends just because we believe in making females lives better. If any of you have been picked on by PDL just as I have, please ignore him to your ignore lists.

Mods, I'm sorry if I had to mention this, but I can't really stand to see this trash being said about me, especially if I never did anything to Insult him. I mean, he insulted not only me, but my family and friends, and insulting my family and friends is something I don't tolerate. If he has done this to other members, I figured it would be time to teach him a lesson about what happens if he continues to do these things, if he continues to be a cyber-bully.

if you want the full post as to what happened, here it is: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7209054&postcount=41

would any of you like it if he did the exact same thing to me over to you? If not, then for all of our sakes, please place him on your ignore list. It doesn't matter if I get on the ignore list or not, just as long as he gets his just desserts.

anyways, that's all for now.

PDL

disenchanted
^ Dude, chill out man. Yeah, yeah, perhaps I was a little hasty with that post, but I've learned my lesson if you must know.

But you bring it onto yourself sometimes.

char-cario

I would say the controversy that followed when Dawn caught Buizel, and when Ash still has his Aipom. It was so bad that the writers have to make an episode that's dedicated to the trade.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ Dude, chill out man. Yeah, yeah, perhaps I was a little hasty with that post, but I've learned my lesson if you must know.

But you bring it onto yourself sometimes.

Don't worry, PDL, you're not at fault here. You're exactly right too.

Anyone who goes around crying about the female anime stereotype in every thread he goes in deserves to be made fun of. And on top of that, Weedle has plans to "boycott" the franchise because the writers won't bring back Misty. Even other Misty fans told him that he's embarrassing them, and he's essentially become a laughing stock everywhere he posts. Not only is he 5 years too late with that idea, but everyone notices how ridiculous his way of thinking is.

LOL.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Don't worry, PDL, you're not at fault here. You're exactly right too.

Anyone who goes around crying about the female anime stereotype in every thread he goes in deserves to be made fun of. And on top of that, Weedle has plans to "boycott" the franchise because the writers won't bring back Misty. Even other Misty fans told him that he's embarrassing them, and he's essentially become a laughing stock everywhere he posts. Not only is he 5 years too late with that idea, but everyone notices how ridiculous his way of thinking is.

LOL.

Lawl, I've been hearing his name muttered around a few places aswell. I'll be keeping my eye out for future lawlz.

Haha, boycotting. Love it when people say they're going to do that.

I always hate all the complaints about EVERY SINGLE EPISODE where someone doesn't catch a Pokemon. I consider it ludicrous because someone, somewhere, on every thread is always expecting a new capture or evolution and when they don't get it, moaning follows. It's quite annoying. Back in my day, you were lucky to get more than 1 evolution in a whole season. >_>

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
PDL, for your harsh, cruel words against that poor user and indiscriminately bringing all his friends and family into this mess, I have just one thing to say to you.

[IMG139]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/019copy.jpg[/IMG139]​
XD In all seriousness... Alfonso, I too think this Mr. McHairybug will provide some much-needed lawlz around here. ^^ In fact, he might be able to fill in the empty void that Dattebayo has left all of us with.

I mean, honestly, there was nothing derogatory towards him in that part of my post that he responded to, and he decided to insult not only me, but also my family and friends just because we believe in making females lives better.

no, you don't believe in making females' lives better. From what I'm hearing, your community is a bunch of fem-nazis who expect all females to conform against supposed "stereotypes". I hate to break it to you, but it works both ways, really. Several women do abide by society's definition of feminism, but it's completely by choice. If dolls, dresses, and the color pink is something they're into, then all the power to them. They have just as many rights to take interest in those sort of things as they would playing basketball or getting an engineering degree. If you're saying this is wrong, that this behavior commonly seen in females should disappear from society completely, you're nothing but an intolerant asshole.

If any of you have been picked on by PDL just as I have, please ignore him to your ignore lists.

XD

Heracross

Custom User Title
"Ash sucks/is weak because he never catches any legendaries," is one of my personal anti-favorites. Not only has Satoshi proven his skills with the teams he's had, but in almost every case of legendaries being captured, it is shown to have a disastrous effect on the environment which he has not only witnessed firsthand but also had to fix. Having him capture one himself wouldn't make any sense.

Also, you guys are being big meanies. I am ignoring you all to my ignore list. :(

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Yamato-san said:
no, you don't believe in making females' lives better. From what I'm hearing, your community is a bunch of fem-nazis who expect all females to conform against supposed "stereotypes". I hate to break it to you, but it works both ways, really. Several women do abide by society's definition of feminism, but it's completely by choice. If dolls, dresses, and the color pink is something they're into, then all the power to them. They have just as many rights to take interest in those sort of things as they would playing basketball or getting an engineering degree. If you're saying this is wrong, that this behavior commonly seen in females should disappear from society completely, you're nothing but an intolerant *******.
Not accusing you personally, but isn't that just something guys say when they want to justify the fact that a lot of writers can't write women worth shit (or justify their preference for creepy moe-moe anime)? If someone were to point out a racist stereotype in an anime, would your rebuttal be that some people of colour do behave like that, so the complainer must be racist against them? That's just a white person's rationale for an issue that they don't particularly care about because it doesn't affect them personally, and we'd all recognise it as such (I would hope). How is it any different with gender?

Of course, Wheedle_McHairybug is indeed a bit of a nutjob, but he's still kind of right, if overzealous... and I mean really overzealous.

(Death to moemoe.)

Jts21

The Dude
Not accusing you personally, but isn't that just something guys say when they want to justify the fact that a lot of writers can't write women worth shit (or justify their preference for creepy moe-moe anime)? If someone were to point out a racist stereotype in an anime, would your rebuttal be that some people of colour do behave like that, so the complainer must be racist against them? That's just a white person's rationale for an issue that they don't particularly care about because it doesn't affect them personally, and we'd all recognise it as such (I would hope). How is it any different with gender?

Of course, Wheedle_McHairybug is indeed a bit of a nutjob, but he's still kind of right, if overzealous... and I mean really overzealous.

(Death to moemoe.)
Lol honestly all races have stereotypes and plenty of white stereotypes end up on t.v all the time. The fact that you describe that as a white persons rationale just shows that you are a racist since you are associating something with the color of someones skin.
This is a cartoon with 10 year old girls on it. They're not offensively stereotypical either. I mean Brock does most of the stereotypical girl chores such as cooking and cleaning. So what if the Girls wear pink skirts and act feminine? Plenty of girls in real life do. Having Ms. Butch Mcbuzzcut, just to go against the norm, instead of Dawn, Misty or May would just alienate most of the girl viewers from the show, and some of the guys too.

PDL

disenchanted
The only reason why Weedle even brings up the gender card all the time is that it's all a thinly veiled attempt to justify his nutty rants on why Misty is leagues better then May and Dawn. (which he goes out of his way to bash everywhere he goes.)

People make a gigantic deal out of gender portrayl in the anime, even though in reality, it's not even an issue. It's only a justification to moan and ***** about not having his favourite character in the cast.

Ridley-X4

UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS
Shippings and comparing the games with the anime.

Alright. I made a list with few annoying things that happens all the time, in this section of the forum. Here it is:

- Hate when a member complains about fillers. Fillers are here to enlarge the season. Some of them are not interesting, however, we do need them, if we want a big adventure. Specially in Sinnoh, since it's a big region.

- Hate when a members says " Dawn's Buneary is not getting enough attention! ". It doesn't mean that she doesn't participate in many contests that she's receiving a lack of attention. Buneary is unique and that's the fun with her. ;3

- Hate when a member says " Dawn is the clone of May. ". Just because Dawn participates in Pokémon Contests too? I wouldn't call that a clone.

- Hate when a member says " Dawn's skirt is way too short. ". It's too short? Why don't you block your eyes, if it bothers you?

- Hate when a member says " Oh my god. Ash will catch... ", randomly, without knowing what he/she's saying. And then, after sometimes, people are getting annoyed by that. So, they start imitating them, by doing a pointless sarcasm. And that pointless sarcasm is getting on my nerves. Not a complaint, but it gets on my nerves, as I said.

- Hate when a member says " Why are the writers/Are the writers/It seems... ". For some unknown reason, I absolutely hate that. It's not really a complaint, once again. It's just something that annoys me a lot. >>

In other words, if something bothers you, shut up. :3

Edit~ Just want to say something else:

Anyone who goes around crying about the female anime stereotype in every thread he goes in deserves to be made fun of.

Isn't that a form of bullying, making fun of someone? :<

Last edited:

eevee909

Your ladyship
Luxray sounds like a brand of soap ,anyone agree?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Also, you guys are being big meanies. I am ignoring you all to my ignore list. :(

I could use a sig update now that my coming back here has well worn off by now. You think I should sig McHairyBug on that? XD

(Death to moemoe.)

hey, people have their preferences. You don't like it, don't watch it.

Cobalt_Latios

Another complaint that I know off(prepares self for imminent attack), is the constant comparison between the Japanese version and the English version. Yes, we all know that the Japanese version is considered better than the English version. But when it gets to the point where you need to make it known in every single episode, well its gets annoying.

I know that people say this to be true (which I don't blame them, every dubbing company has their own preferences), but what I'm getting at is that everytime it seems like dubbing this show is in part a bad idea. Right, so why are we watching it in our languages again? Because now its in a format we as English speakers can properly understand. And for the most part, I'm a mainstream kind of guy, I prefer to watch something on live television than have to have to watch it in it's "original intended format".

Now, if in any way I contradicted myself, please tell me and I shall find a way to make it sound proper. Then, again this is my opinion, which I have the right to say. Which is the point of a message board.

~C_L~

Rex Kamex

^The main things I mind about the dub is that they don't use all of the original music and theme songs and all that, which I think is better than the dub (especially PUSA's music). And that the original episodes aren't available on DVD. (Since almost every other anime gets the exact opposite treatment.) As far as character voices... it really depends on the character. Other dub edits that I do care about aren't outrages but are just unneccessary to me.

- Hate when a member complains about fillers. Fillers are here to enlarge the season. Some of them are not interesting, however, we do need them, if we want a big adventure. Specially in Sinnoh, since it's a big region.

Speaking of fillers, I personally don't like it when someone reads the summary of an episode, or reads a new episode title, and dismisses it off as filler and moves on to the next one. Of course, this is partially caused by hatred of fillers, but... I don't know, it just bugs me when people do that. (Not a complaint or anything, but...)

Last edited:

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Jo-Jo:

I don't even have a total grasp on what moe really is. What I do know is that Weedle is nuts, and his claims about "the female anime stereotype" have as their fatal flaw that Misty is a stereotype as well.

The rebuttal I usually get to my (somewhat more rational...somewhat) version of the same argument is that "neutral" characters don't really work in this type of series. I don't even quite know what to make of that, but to try and put it into practice...every character has to routinely spaz out over something, otherwise as cartoons go they're boring. This inherently leads to stereotyping and so it is that stereotypes are inevitable. The Simpsons is a major example - most of the cast had some level of nuance early on, but one part of their character got compared to a given stereotype and was soon overtaken by it (especially Ned, Homer, and Smithers).

I don't know that it'll satsify you - it kind of bugs me, and I don't even care about sexual politics either way (yes, this makes me a bad person) - but at least it's a little better than mere justification of MoeMoe...whatever the crap it even is.

Last edited: