• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Most Ludicrous Fan Complaints

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This is a time bomb just waiting to explode, but I'm afraid I just couldn't resist.

We all know one of the best talents pokémon fans have, is to whine and complain and rant about pretty much anything in a negative light. Shipping, characters, Probopass, filler episodes, Team Rocket; you name it, and it's almost certain that it's been lynched in text form at some point.

But what do you think has been the most unreasonable complaint you’ve seen from a pokémon fan, concerning the animé?

To get the ball rolling, one of my picks for numero uno would have to be complaints that the animé doesn't follow the rules of the video game. It quite often reaches the point where it's as if they expect the writing staff to actually read into every single pokémon's individual stats, take numbered leveling into account, and have Grovyle's Leaf Blade slamming an Altaria into solid ground after a drop from several feet in the air inflict barely any damage due to type match-up.

Or the 'shiny floor tiles' thing. Oh yeah~

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The Pokemon fandom is a treasure trove of stupid complaints, whether it's Squirtle learning Hydro Pump and still not evolving, or the new voices, or old Pokemon not returning A WHOLE DECADE AFTER THEY LEFT, or Ash, Brock, Tracey, Harley, Drew, and Kenny not having a giant man orgy on-screen. But there is one complaint that is perhaps the most ludicrous of all, and it's one I hear a lot.

"TEH ANIME SHOULD BE DARKER!!!111bbq"

Whether this means blood gushing out of Pikachu's eyes when hit by a Mega Punch, or the gang going emo, or Muku.BIRD mutilating itself with a rusty metal toothpick, this wish of the fanbase just doesn't make sense to me. Idiots like Metal Bird often complain how the show doesn't "grow up" along with its original fanbase. The Pokemon anime's fanbase is the preteen crowd. If you're older than that and want to watch it, that's fine and dandy, but don't expect the series to now cater for your sudden puberty-related urges to witness blood and sex. That's not even getting into how idiotic a business move that would be, alienating its core audience (i.e. kids) that is constantly gaining new young viewers.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
This is a time bomb just waiting to explode, but I'm afraid I just couldn't resist.

We all know one of the best talents pokémon fans have, is to whine and complain and rant about pretty much anything in a negative light. Shipping, characters, Probopass, filler episodes, Team Rocket; you name it, and it's almost certain that it's been lynched in text form at some point.

But what do you think has been the most unreasonable complaint you’ve seen from a pokémon fan, concerning the animé?

To get the ball rolling, one of my picks for numero uno would have to be complaints that the animé doesn't follow the rules of the video game. It quite often reaches the point where it's as if they expect the writing staff to actually read into every single pokémon's individual stats, take numbered leveling into account, and have Grovyle's Leaf Blade slamming an Altaria into solid ground after a drop from several feet in the air inflict barely any damage due to type match-up.

Or the 'shiny floor tiles' thing. Oh yeah~

Haha yeah you are totally right if this really starts to pick up it will definately explode. I agree with you i hate how people are like it should follow the video game rules and i hate how people say it should be darker.
Also when people say it is stupid how pikachu is so strong in the anime well what do people expect he is the pokemon mascot.

Dax

Legend
^ Just because Pikachu is a mascot doesn't mean he's stronger than everyone. As far as I'm seeing people complain about the inconsistency on Pikachu's power not about how strong it is.

I'll say Buizel was the most horrible era in this board. People get too attached to a certain pokemon for Ash that when somebody else gets it they get crazy. Up until this day people still complain about Buizel and Aipom.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I really hate it when people complain about Ash's pokemon evolving. Hearing statements like "When I was where Ash was I had an Infernape" and "If Bulbasaur became a Venasaur it would be 10 time stronger" just annoy me.

Rave

Banned
One complaint I can't stand is always the "Why does Ash always start a new reason all crappy?"

Seriously, the writing staff shouldn't have to listen to the fan's complaints so much.

Its probably thanks to that, that we can't hardly get such interesting episodes anymore.

Fans complaine about every thing on here...Whether one thing or another, I've heard them all. Misty fans complaine about wanting Misty back and say the new girl isn't good enough. May fans say they don't complaine, but I've seen quite a few on here who say they want May back and say Dawns just a clone of her. Watch when Dawn leaves the Dawn fans will say the new girl's not as good as Dawn and that she should come back. Than we also have the whole why can't Pikachu evolve debate thing going on since the very saga blah.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The big one is probably the people STILL asking Ash to evolve his Pikachu. Are these people really morons or what? After 10 seasons if Ash didn't evolve Pikachu, why the hell would he evolve it now?

They also have no concept of advertising at all. Sad.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
My favorite are the ones who are apparently "jealous" at Ash for "cheaply earning badges" while they have to "work hard".

I mean, besides the fact you're jealous of a fictional character with no free will, if you take into account as if he was an actualy person, you're still sitting on a couch pushing buttons while he travels cross country.

The big one is probably the people STILL asking Ash to evolve his Pikachu. Are these people really morons or what? After 10 seasons if Ash didn't evolve Pikachu, why the hell would he evolve it now?

They also have no concept of advertising at all. Sad.

LOL I know, this debate has gone on through each saga. I've seen this on so many forums =[

PDL

disenchanted
I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned anything involving the female characters in the show. Now there's an entire cluster**** of idiocy right there.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
^ Oh, don't mention that. The thread will degenerate into round after round of Your Obnoxious Fanbase Is Totes More Annoying Than Mine, Honest.

Most ludicrous fan-complaint imo would be the people who think it's a really really big deal when the Japanese animators use made-up text on billboards rather than Japanese text (if I had to animate billboards for a living, I'd take shortcuts, too). Better yet, the people who throw fits about racism when PUSA replaces the incomprehensible made-up text with (SHOCK) English text instead. (In an ENGLISH DUB??? How DARE they!)

And that guy who whined that Dawn's skirt was too short, making it unlikely that she would ever get "picked up" by another character on screen. *shudder*

KetchupO

tωisted
Dawn's skirt be to short
But it is though :eek: She's practically a ***** ^^

Yeah. I hate hearing complaints about the anime, especially ones saying how repetitive it is ;/ I mean when will they realize the Pokemon anime = repetition :(

Also, I hate hearing it's too childish -.- I mean the show is for children -.-

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
As was previously mentioned, being too childish.

Also, the whining about Buizel before the trade happened.

But by far, I definately agree with Gravy. Those whiners about the show not having Stats and Levels thrown in is really, REALLY, getting on my nerves.

Cobalt_Latios

Let's see the most ludicrous fan complaints, well for me, all the one's that have already been listed.

Personally, I'm amazed at people. Why do they have to complain about some show they either don't care for that much anymore, or simply can't comprehend it's simplicity. Yes, when I mean simplicity I really mean simplicity. This is a show meant to entertain an audience that has or hasn't yet played the game. Many people enjoy, others, not so much. But do we have to issue complaints about it.

I know that people may not understand why things don't make sense. Ask yourselves this the next time you watch another cartoon. Do most cartoons in general (American cartoons) make sense? Not really. The Looney Toons are a prime example of this. Yes, I know that animes typically looks "slightly" more realistic than they are intended to be, but at heart they're still cartoons.

However, I used to be part of this crowd. I've learned to accept the lack of intelligence, lack of partial continuity, lack of logic and lack of physics in this show. What that has done was allow me to view this show for what it truly without having to issue a complaint on the inconsistencies it carries.

People, learn from this and you can enjoy it too.

~C_L~

Rex Kamex

I can't think of too many complaints that haven't been mentioned yet, but there is one where people compain that the anime is repetitive and filled with flaws but say that the games aren't like that at all. (Or that "the" manga doesn't have anything considered a flaw.)

Another one is how people complain about ow Ash's voice has changed thanks to PUSA and everything. The main time I mind this is when someone says that the PUSA Ash has replaced the voice we've heard since the beginning of the show, but 4Kids Ash's voice has changed over the course of eight years, even with the same voice actor. (And then there's the case of James and Meowth, who really did get a change in voice actors in the first "season"...)

Oh, and there's the complaint that America isn't close where Japan is when it comes to episodes. We're close enough that I don't care about the "distance" we are from Japan. I do hope the 10th movie comes soon though, and it will.

Also, when it comes to the dub, it seems that many people are more upset about certain dub names because they're not the "right" dub names. (At the same time, not many people seem to care that the DVDs for Pokemon are dub only.)

As for Buizel, people complained when Dawn caught Buizel, [SPOIL]but then people complained when Buizel went to Ash.[/SPOIL] Are they the same people or something? (Seriously, I don't know...)

Or when people hate every episode that isn't a Kanto episode, OOOOOOORRRRRRRRR when they hate every episode that isn't D/P or Hoenn, Battle Frontier, and D/P.

Of these complaints, I don't know which one is the most ludicrous.

(Not that I think the people who complain these complaints are idiots or anything like that, or that I don't think anyone should complain about anything regarding Pokemon, or that people should stop complaining about these things because I'm annoyed about it, but...)

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
The new VAs.

It's just dropped to stupidity at this point to the fact that the one group is still around after one and a quarter years trying to find a "reasonable" way to save the dub despite knowing **** about what the hell they're doing.

Though the #1 had to be the whole Zigzagoon egg thing during early BF. I'm glad it's done and overwith, but God, whoever thought of that and stuck with it are total morons. >_>

kelvSYC

I'll stake my claim in the clash between game physics and anime physics (also known as "Dodge it" is not a real attack). People complain that the "game physics" need not apply in the anime.

There's a reason why Pokémon can overcome type resistance/immunity/weakness in the anime, and it has to do with the clash of "real-world" physics vs "game-world" physics. Yes, Bulbasaur can use Lick as an attack in the anime even though it can't learn it in the game - it has a tongue. Yes, electric attacks can KO ground types if it's up close despite the resistance - it's called blunt force trauma. Yes, Taillow could eat Pikachu Thunderbolts and still get up despite the weakness - it's called high pain threshold.

And so on.