• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most noble villain

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Welcome.What is this thread,may you ask?Consider it to be the counterpart to the MOST evil thread.Basically,in here you get to discuss what you think is the BEST example of a villain that:
*Believes that he/she is the good guy,and his plans will help the world/the group/ect
*Is a sympathetic villain,and you understand where he/she's coming from

For an example,Magneto from X-Men.While the guy wants to destroy the human race,he does it not out of bigotry but rather,to him,he's protecting mutantkind from human persecution(and humans in the Marvel Universe aren't that kind to mutants).His backstory gives more credibility to his claims,as he was a survivor of the Holocaust.Sometimes he's allied with the X-Men when fighting a greater and more sinister threat,and at times considers being a true ally to them

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Rubicante - Final Fantasy
He has a sense of Honor and in Final Fantasy IV he heals you before you fight him. Didn't need to worry about HP and MP at that part.

Dattebayo

Banned
Ozymandias from Watchmen, he's aware about the true face of the human race and he wanted to bring world peace by sending a home-made giant space squid from nowhere in Manhattan.

Penguinist Trainer

You know I like those examples, especially the final fantasy one. The only thing I can think of at the moment is Team Plasma from Pokemon Black/White.

I'm not that far into the game, but from what I've seen, they steal other people's pokemon in an effort to liberate them from being enslaved by pokemon trainers.

They think they are doing the right thing, but they are going about it the wrong way.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't know about noble villians, but I can think of several video game villians who started out wanting to do good for humanity, or at least nice and peaceful and somehow turned evil.

-Giygas (Mother/Earthbound)
-Andross (Starfox)
-Ballos (Cave Story)

Also many of the Fire Emblem villians, but I can't name them here without giving away major spoilers.

I don't know about noble villians, but I can think of several video game villians who started out wanting to do good for humanity, or at least nice and peaceful and somehow turned evil.

-Giygas (Mother/Earthbound)
-Andross (Starfox)
-Ballos (Cave Story)

Also many of the Fire Emblem villians, but I can't name them here without giving away major spoilers.

Urgh. So agreed on Giygas. I won't get into my pet theories here -- because I suppose that that's like getting into your pet theories on Homestuck without being flamed because you read/play a specific piece of media.

Profesco

gone gently
You know I like those examples, especially the final fantasy one. The only thing I can think of at the moment is Team Plasma from Pokemon Black/White.

I'm not that far into the game, but from what I've seen, they steal other people's pokemon in an effort to liberate them from being enslaved by pokemon trainers.

They think they are doing the right thing, but they are going about it the wrong way.

N, definitely. He's a noble villain, and very innocently so to boot. Team Plasma's top sage, on the other hand, the guy who orchestrated their whole idea, isn't so noble.

Urgh. So agreed on Giygas. I won't get into my pet theories here -- because I suppose that that's like getting into your pet theories on Homestuck without being flamed because you read/play a specific piece of media.

Please do. I've always felt like it would be nice to have someone tell me about Giygas.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Please do. I've always felt like it would be nice to have someone tell me about Giygas.

Well...

Basically, in the 1920's, an alien race abducted a couple named George and Maria (who would later become Ninten's great-grandparents). This alien race was the race of Giygas, who was only a baby at the time. While they were there, George stole and studied the alien's secrets of a strange power called PSI. Maria also sang Giygas to sleep with a lullaby called the Eight Melodies. Some time later, George was mysteriously returned to earth, but Maria was never seen again. It's never really stated what happened to her. George grew very secluded and became deeply obsessed with studying PSI. The aliens found out about George's stealing their secrets, and prepare an invasion for earth. Giygas (all grown up now) is like the "chosen one" for the alien race, destined to lead the invasion (whether he likes it or not). The invasion does happen, but Ninten (who inherited the PSI powers) stops him by singing the eight melodies (a song that seems to have mystical powers) and bringing back all of Giygas's painful memories of losing Maria, who was like his mother. (This is what I like to think the series name came from). That's the end of Mother 1. Mother 2 starts with Giygas being so torn up with rage and pain of Maria's loss that he literally goes insane. His power is so great that when he went nuts, he destoyed his own body and become nothing more than a swirling red face. He time travels into Earth's past and changes history, causing Ness and the gang to be born, and America to be replaced with Eagleland. About twenty years after Ness is born, the earth has become an alien dystopia. Buzz Buzz (some sort of psychic alien bee) goes back in time to when Ness is a kid and sends him on a journey to stop Giygas, so the terrible future never happens. Giygas is literally mad; he has no idea what he's doing and can't control himself. He mistakes Ness for Ninten, and Ness and his friends destory Giygas. However, Giygas has corrupted many people, included Pokey/Porky, which leads to the events of Mother 3.

TL;DR version: Giygas is pretty much just a victim of his race forcing his hand and his pain over losing Maria driving him mad.

The Mursu

<-- Epic coat!
Ozymandias from Watchmen, he's aware about the true face of the human race and he wanted to bring world peace by sending a home-made giant space squid from nowhere in Manhattan.

Agreed, one of my all time favourite characters in fact!

Mojo Jojo.

Sure, he wants to take over Townsville and is constantly foiled, but he still legally buys his food and waits for the red light like everyone else, And he's pretty good at babysitting and cooking. He's a Townsville citizen. An evil citizen, but a citizen nonetheless.