• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most undetestimated type

Bug types. Take a good look at Heracross, whom almost everyone who posted forgot about..

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'd say bug. Kind of ironic when you think about the fact that pokemon was actually based on people who liked to catch insects. Of course bug has scyther and heracross.

I don't know. Most types have at least one strong pokemon to represent them.

How can you forget about the Bug type when there are like 50 bug catchers running around each game with six Metapods each.

Plus, Ninjask and Heracross are both so incredibly OU it's not even funny.

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
Bug...tose types I whipe out first, or they'll kill my psycic's...I think people underestimate normal types...

Kazekun

I agree bug pokemon are the most underestimated.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Well it depends how you look at it. I mean, generally speaking I see Fire as slightlyunderestimated as a type, and i'm not talking about the fanboys who don't speak in Competitive Battling context.
From a competitive view, I hear a lot of "Fire isn't a good attacking type" when actually it is, Steel and Grass are common types in compplay, and Ice makes the odd appearence.. Hence a fair few sweepers having Fire Blast at their disposal.

Bug is making a HUGE mark in D/P, generally they've improved a lot, Poison too, though to a lesser extent.

Normal isn't underrated IMO, though it depends how you define underated, I mean in terms of compplay, they have zero resistances, one immunity and no advantages other then a usually huge movepool, but that doesnt stop Slaking or PorygonZ making their appearence... Lickylicky gets STAB Explosion and there are others. Plus there are lots of Zangoose fans out there :3

Flying is a tad underrated IMO, they have decent moves, but the majority of flying Pokemon don't have great movepools or stats

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Definately the bug type. I like Bug Types, but the problem is that they have no good attack moves. They barely had any before D/P. And bugs are considered weak and small and inferior to big pokemon, so that doesn't really help.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Poisen type only sucks, because it's only super effetive on grass, but if you look at weakness and resistance, they are fine...and for good poisen pokemon, there's the awesome special sweeping Gengar, other than that there's the cool physical wall Weezing....there's also Drapion which is also a phy wall...and good type combo as well.

Ivi

Ghost master
That's what Gengar with shadow ball is for. Toxic spikes and Nidoking with roar is good too

Bug is underrated imo. Yes, there is heracross and ninjask and scizor, but the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "bug type" are the beginning bugs in the games with poor stats, i.e. butterfree, beedrill, beautifly, dustox, ledian, wormadam, mothim, kricketune. Bugs have the tendency to make a bad first impression because of how many of them early on prove to be unreliable (that doesn't stop me from loving them though ;> ) Luckily this generation they have gotten quite a few good attacks as well as the first truly good special attacking bug, yanmega.

Flying is actually pretty underrated imo. It is the only type that is always secondary to a pokemon's typing, and usually the flying type is thought of when it is being paired with the weak little bugs I mentioned before. Usually they are also characterized as having below average defenses and mediocre attack strength (swellow, pidgeot, fearow). And even with usually above average speed, there are still others faster than them. And also, they have weaknesses to very prominent attacks, especially BOTH attacks in the boltbeam combo as well as the very common stone edge on physical sweepers (and the fact that many of them have their resistance to fighting taken away when their normal typing makes fighting attacks neutral instead).

Last edited:

Drkecho

Retired
Flying is actually pretty underrated imo. It is the only type that is always secondary to a pokemon's typing, and usually the flying type is thought of when it is being paired with the weak little bugs I mentioned before. Usually they are also characterized as having below average defenses and mediocre attack strength (swellow, pidgeot, fearow). And even with usually above average speed, there are still others faster than them. And also, they have weaknesses to very prominent attacks, especially BOTH attacks in the boltbeam combo as well as the very common stone edge on physical sweepers (and the fact that many of them have their resistance to fighting taken away when their normal typing makes fighting attacks neutral instead).
Are you kidding me. Skarmory, Salamence, Dragonite, Gyrados, Glisor, Areodactly, Togekiss, don't even make me go into legendaries

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
Are you kidding me. Skarmory, Salamence, Dragonite, Gyrados, Glisor, Areodactly, Togekiss, don't even make me go into legendaries

Yeah if you can see his point here, he is trying to say that the Flying type mostly based on birds are the most underestimated. Such as (Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, Swellow...etc). You see, Skarmory , salamance and the other pokemon you mentioned are mainly used for there other type combination.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
i think steel is the most underestimated type
Forretress, Magnezone, Steelix, Scizor, Skarmory, Metagross, Jirachi, Registeel, Empoleon, Bastiodon, Bronzong, Lucario, Probopass and Heatrun.....are all common steel types which are very good for competive play....especially the common Skarm/Zong as walls....and Lucario/Metagross as sweepers.

PsychicsRox

Normal type. Except for the few good ones. E.g. Blissey and Snorlax
Bug types aren't that bad, there are good ones such as Mothim, Wormadam, Ninjask.