• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most unusual food you've ever heard of?

popcorn dragon

Last night I was watching Iron Chef America, the challenger made beef ice cream and bone marrow custard. The judges actually liked it! What's the most unusual food you've ever heard of?

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Mudslide

seriously, it's a food. i can even show you a picture, even though it looks disgusting

Riversong

Buggy down.
Balut. It's a duck egg where the fetus inside is almost ready to hatch (feathers and everything), and it's boiled for a 'tasty' snack.

dutch haring. it's our national foodproduct yet most of the planet seems to dislike it when they are offered one.

allright show us:) (though it better not be kanibalism)

Omg, that fish is awesome =D
Too bad it has a lot of bones in it so I also eat those.

Well the weirdest thing was something I saw on ngc, I forgot the name though.
Only a few people in India eat it, it's the fetus of a goat, they blend it and make some kind of soup with it.

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
allright show us (though it better not be kanibalism)

i will once i find a picture

edit: found one

mudslide

Last edited:

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I ate sweet-coated locusts in Japan. A specialty of country areas surrounding Yokohama, apparently, although, as you can imagine, even among the locals it's fairly divisive. Personally, I thought they were delicious. My host mother and several other exchange students agreed. My host sister refused to eat them.

dark rift

I saw this show when someone (I think Paul Merton) went to China and at this restaurant they served cooked donkey penis on a plate. and it was about half the size of him.

Riversong

Buggy down.
I saw this show when someone (I think Paul Merton) went to China and at this restaurant they served cooked donkey penis on a plate. and it was about half the size of him.

Guo-Li-Zhuang is a restaurant in China where they specialize in cooking animal, erm, penises. And the balls too if you want. I saw that in an article and almost barfed.

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
i will once i find a picture

edit: found one

mudslide

Thing looks like someone ate a turd and barfed it back up.

That is wrong. No matter what species, never do that to a fellow dude.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
1,000 year old eggs
Thier eggs fermented in ashes and soot, and served on a pickled salad of some sort.
its gross.

DON'T INGEST IT

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Riversong said:
Balut. It's a duck egg where the fetus inside is almost ready to hatch (feathers and everything), and it's boiled for a 'tasty' snack.
Conservatives believe you should be excecuted for murder of a baby.

The weirdest thing I've heard of is Thai scorpion kebabs and fried insects in China.

Snicker

The Grinning One
I think the strangest food I've seen is balut, a Filipino delicacy which is an egg with a chicken or duck embryo inside of it. It's just... sick and kind of wrong to me, even though I am a Filipino.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Click if you dare.

Hahaha, I saw that documentary on Explorer once! XD That's right up there with the weirdest stuff I've heard of!

Alternatively, I heard that somewhere /I forget where, I think somewhere in Asia/ there's a custom of eating little octopussi...ALIVE. o_O' Apparently, it's also a way to prove courage or something since the animal uses them little suction cups on their tentacles to cling to the insides of your throat and mouth and you can easily choke to death. o_o'