1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The most unusual food you've ever heard of?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by popcorn dragon, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Fenix

Fenix Tremulant

I read somewhere that in some areas of Vietnam and China snake blood is drank. I find all dishes that feature offal repulsive, too.

2. Chaos Werewolf

Chaos Werewolf Fairy trainer

Umm these hot dog things are pretty strange.

There is also Raccoon, birds nest soup, pig brains and Guinea pig

3. Murton

Murton Once you were lost.

I once ate fried maggots. They were pretty tasty. And crunchy. Good times.

4. rekreatur

rekreatur Well-Known Member

The duck fetus thing and ox penis.

5. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

Blood pudding, head cheese...

Also, I've had bean ice cream, which is actually really good.

6. Waldorf

Waldorf ungrateful

Crickets in Mexico City. Taste sort of like fish. Quite crunchy.

In Seoul (South Korea) I had some sort of bloated sea-worm; I still don't know exactly what it was. It would've been highly disrespectful to not eat, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

7. Woah, there's blood pudding?
    I really have to try that.

8. treeco123

treeco123 Well-Known Member

there is a type of fruit called an ugli(a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine)
    that's one thing I've always wanted to eat(not joking!)

9. I was going to say birds nest soup.. someone else already did.
    Hmmm.. I think I saw someone make soup from venomous snakes.
    And I've heard of tribes that puncture cows in the jugular and let the blood drain into cups so they can drink it.

10. Haruka-chan

Haruka-chan flower in the sand

Heard somewhere that there's this fruit called the durian, it may look like a normal fruit... until you open it. From the looks on some people's faces, it appears to smell really bad, yet some people eat it. They must have strong stomachs or severe allergies.

11. Riversong

Riversong Buggy down.

Instead of using beef for a burger, this one tribe uses tarantulas. Just the thought of it makes my stomach churn.

12. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

I haven't been around the block that many times so the weirdest thing I've heard of is Blood Pudding, which isnt even real pudding from what I've read.

13. popcorn dragon

popcorn dragon Well-Known Member

Today I felt like eating shrimp eyes. So thats just what i did. It tastes like the sea and its crunchy. I recommend that people should try it. Not too unusual.

14. cptmyname

cptmyname Well-Known Member

15. CrippledShadow

CrippledShadow Omen Of Faith

Jicama. Well, the vegetable itself isn't too strange, the name is funny though xD

16. Little Wishling

Little Wishling Still Rin

Since I'm Chinese, most of the food I eat might be classified as "exotic." I've had pork blood pudding (tastes like tofu), and fried scorpions (which tastes like potato chips). The strangest food I've ever heard of is cordyceps sinensis, which doesn't even have a proper english name. It's super expensive, and it's basically an edible herb that grows out of a caterpillar's head. I saw a display of them in Beijing. It was...interesting.

17. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

Sea salt ice-cream. Could only be Japanese!

18. I remember seeing that on Top Gear XD

In Iceland they eat fermented shark meat. Probably not as weird as some of the other stuff on here but I thought it was unusual.

19. GaZsTiC

GaZsTiC Alternating

What's weird about that?? It's eaten for breakfast in many countries around the world.

20. Extreme Floatzel

Extreme Floatzel Well-Known Member

Kangaroo t3$t1cal5 o-o

Only on I'm a celebrity get me out of here.