• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most unusual food you've ever heard of?

Fenix

Tremulant
I read somewhere that in some areas of Vietnam and China snake blood is drank. I find all dishes that feature offal repulsive, too.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
Umm these hot dog things are pretty strange.

There is also Raccoon, birds nest soup, pig brains and Guinea pig

Waldorf

ungrateful
Crickets in Mexico City. Taste sort of like fish. Quite crunchy.

In Seoul (South Korea) I had some sort of bloated sea-worm; I still don't know exactly what it was. It would've been highly disrespectful to not eat, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

treeco123

there is a type of fruit called an ugli(a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine)
I once ate fried maggots. They were pretty tasty. And crunchy. Good times.
that's one thing I've always wanted to eat(not joking!)

I was going to say birds nest soup.. someone else already did.
Hmmm.. I think I saw someone make soup from venomous snakes.
And I've heard of tribes that puncture cows in the jugular and let the blood drain into cups so they can drink it.

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Heard somewhere that there's this fruit called the durian, it may look like a normal fruit... until you open it. From the looks on some people's faces, it appears to smell really bad, yet some people eat it. They must have strong stomachs or severe allergies.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Instead of using beef for a burger, this one tribe uses tarantulas. Just the thought of it makes my stomach churn.

Vernikova

Champion
I haven't been around the block that many times so the weirdest thing I've heard of is Blood Pudding, which isnt even real pudding from what I've read.

popcorn dragon

Today I felt like eating shrimp eyes. So thats just what i did. It tastes like the sea and its crunchy. I recommend that people should try it. Not too unusual.

CrippledShadow

Omen Of Faith
Jicama. Well, the vegetable itself isn't too strange, the name is funny though xD

Since I'm Chinese, most of the food I eat might be classified as "exotic." I've had pork blood pudding (tastes like tofu), and fried scorpions (which tastes like potato chips). The strangest food I've ever heard of is cordyceps sinensis, which doesn't even have a proper english name. It's super expensive, and it's basically an edible herb that grows out of a caterpillar's head. I saw a display of them in Beijing. It was...interesting.

I read somewhere that in some areas of Vietnam and China snake blood is drank. I find all dishes that feature offal repulsive, too.
I remember seeing that on Top Gear XD

In Iceland they eat fermented shark meat. Probably not as weird as some of the other stuff on here but I thought it was unusual.

D

Deleted member 133172

Kangaroo t3$t1cal5 o-o

Only on I'm a celebrity get me out of here.