• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most useless item

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Lets see, Destiny Knot, Lagging Tail, Iron Ball, Icy Rock, and Smooth Rock. They are useless mainly because Sandstorm and Hail have Pokemon with abilities that make permanent weather, so why bother trying to lengthen a permanent weather condition?

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
revives/max revives/all potions/full heals/full restores/medicine in general

real men don't need that stuff :mad:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Destiny Knot, since no one uses Attract that much anymore anyways.

Old Gateau and Destiny Knot pretty much..

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Items like such as the lagging tail and the iron ball seem pretty useless at first, but when you use them strategically you can see they help.
Iron Ball+Fling=very strong move
Plus, I'm not sure if this is true if not please correct me, Buneary with Klutz won't show the effects of Iron Ball and Lagging tail make a useful technique if you use trick and then the other pokemon becomes slower.
I honestly have to say that the most useless item has got to be the mails. I mean, does anybody even use them?

Calm PokeMaster

Mails are really useless,I wonder why GF incorporated them into the game.

GengarNightmare

Mails are really useless,I wonder why GF incorporated them into the game.

The mail thing was introduced in 2nd gen (original G/S), and the main function was delivering mail for NPCs in the game. (i.e. the guy with shuckle)

But I've always found it a bit useless outside of quests.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
Old Gateau.very exclusive but useless(use lava cookie,it's cheap)

Destiny Knot. Honestly, I don't see anyone using it, since not that many people use Attract besides in-game trainers. Plus, you get it after the end of the Elite Four, so by then you've battle pretty much every trainer that uses Attract >.>

EDIT: lol, three posters in a row have the same avatar [/random]

Last edited:

3lmi

pimping aint easy
LOL @ Sapphire Pheonix post,

I think that the Old Chataeu candy thing was a waste because there was only one.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
for me its the Old Gateau, Destiny Knot, and the plates because i never use them

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
Old gateau, nuff said.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Berries

Eh, mostly the berries that are only useful for poffins. What use is that!?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Eh, mostly the berries that are only useful for poffins. What use is that!?

berries make poffins and poffins make high scores with the contests, if you don't have poffins you can't win contests which is one of the sidequests.

plus add the fact that all berries have effects like healing status or slightly making stats higher, it even clears ut EV's if needed which is useful while EV training.