• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The most useless move

the master123

Ive Gotta bad feelin
Hi The Master123 here anyways as the title says what is the most useless move in the pokemon games?
For me the most useless move is string shot.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
i think Splash kinda wins it...period.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
Well, I guess it's pretty much agreed on the fact that the useless pokemon move is Splash.

...and there is a similer thread about this, I believe.

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
I don't see anyone opposing the fact that splash shall always be the most useless move.

Btw string shot actually does have a use; it lowers the opponents speed ;)

Probably belongs in pokepolls...
I'd say that snatch and mimic are the most usless moves in my opinion.
Splash actually has a use: making your opponent laugh when you use it in battle.

Profesco

gone gently
As much as I'm sure the most useless move is the one that has no effect (Splash), I'm sure you guys would like to come up with some other creative interpretations. I'll move this to polls and see what happens.

Alexiel

I'm awake!!!
i dont think splash counts as a useless move, what the topic is the most useless move, not the totally useless move

cmon i know you get it >.>

I'd say that snatch and mimic are the most usless moves in my opinion.

Actually, Snatch is a great move, just that its hard to know what your opponent is going to do, the reason why almost no one use it.

But, splash is indeed the most useless move...
And yes I do remember a similer thread of this...
Edit...
i dont think splash counts as a useless move, what the topic is the most useless move, not the totally useless move

cmon i know you get it >.>
Oh?
Its kinda hard to think a move thats useless other than splash...
Well for a player to player battles, False Swipe?
It dose vary little damage and it dose not kill your target, but I did find it funny when someone's Garchomp use it...

Last edited:
Remember that Splash actually works in Contests. :D

Constrict, on the other hand... is pretty bad in Battles, if not the worst of all Moves in Battles after Splash, but, unlike Splash, it's also useless in Contests! It was semi-worthy in 3rd Gen, but in 4th Gen, it doesn't gives you any points unless you're first! Splash had a much better effect in 3rd Gen to begin with (Double Points if you're last in line), and is still half-decent in 4th Gen (4 Points minus the Voltage on the chosen Judge). 5 potential Points VS 2 potential Points...

Constrict is a single-hit Move with 10 BP and a 10% chance to lower the opponent's Speed. At least it now has 100% Accuracy. It even had a chance to fail back in the days, if ever slightly. Splash is good for comedy, Contests and PP spamming on Wobbuffet. Otherwise, Constrict is good for nothing at all.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Memento. Explosion at least does damage, and can kill your opponent's Pokemon :rolleyes:
While Memento only sharply lowers stats - your opponent can switch, and poof there goes your Pokemon died for nothing.

Connor™

Showstopper
i am personally going to raise a team of uber wobbufets and gyarados' that know just splash. it shall be the best team in teh world lol. but seriously now splash has GOT to be the most USELESS and PATHETIC excuse of a move gamefreak have EVER made.lol.

griffins_guardian

GuardianofKnowledge;
Memento, Curse on ghosts (does that count?). But yeah, Splash is pretty bad too.

Memento. Explosion at least does damage, and can kill your opponent's Pokemon :rolleyes:
While Memento only sharply lowers stats - your opponent can switch, and poof there goes your Pokemon died for nothing.
Memento is still very useful for last-ditch efforts when you're against the last Pokémon or the last two pokémon in a Double Battle, and you have at least two Pokémon.

In fact... try winning XD's Battle CD #48 without using Memento. To make it simple, your chances are much lower. :p

Extremely situational, but unlike Constrict, Memento still can save your behind. :D

Last edited:

Maruno

Metronome. The number of times I've gotten the first half of Solar Beam or Fly or Dig with that thing...

Although perhaps that's just annoying rather than useless. Its unpredictability does make it a fairly non-viable move (to me).

denben

blind zubat
except from splash, i think bide is the most useless move.far too risky. the opponment can defeat you in those 2 turns or use non-damaging moves.