• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Motorised Menace [OU RMT]

Viewtiful

The Mighty Duck
Ok, so after a brief endeavour into the UU tier, I found myself sorely missing OU. I was tossing around ideas for a new team and being completely unable to think of any new ideas, I decided to look back on some of my old teams. Most, if not all, have been mostly unsuccessful, due to a combination of poor build quality and my own incompetence. But, more importantly, I always had fun with them, particularly an old Electivire team, every noob’s favourite strategy. So I decided to dust the old boy off and bring him back for one last chance. I know, I know, he’s walled by half the meta-game, utterly useless without a Speed boost, and there are far better sweepers out there. But just look at him! He’s one badass yeti/gorilla thing, just itching to be let loose on some poor sod.

Electivire-done.jpg

Presenting, Team Motorised Menace

398.png
130.png
471.png
490.png
212.png
380.png

The Lead

395.png

Empoleon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

His Role:
Due to its fantastic typing and rather nice bulk, Empoleon serves as a very effective lead, being able to set up the rocks and still come back in the late game as a threatening sweeper.

His Moves: Hydro Pump and Aqua Jet work in tandem to take out many of the most common leads. On frailer suicide leads, Hydro Pump is used followed by a quick Aqua Jet, while they either taunt or set up their own rocks and nothing else. Hydro Pump can also KO bulkier leads such as Heatran and Gliscor, and deal heavy damage to Metagross. Ice Beam is to handle the ever present Dragon types in today’s metagame.

Synergy with Electivire: Most obviously, Empoleon serves as a draw for Electric type attacks, due to his few other weaknesses. Dragon types and Bulky Grass pokemon that can threaten Elecitvire’s sweep can’t do much against Empoleon, while he hits back with Ice Beams.

The Offensive Trio

130.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

His Role: Who didn’t see this guy coming a mile away? Gyarados pairs excellently with Electivire while also functioning incredibly well on its own. He can set up on a variety of Pokemon while preventing them from setting up.

His Moves: Dragon Dance is obvious, to increase his already ferocious sweeping capabilities. Taunt prevents many Pokemon from setting up and also stops Skarmory from using Whirlwind. Waterfall is for STAB while Stone Edge hits Salamence and Zapdos hard. Water/Rock provides pretty decent neutral coverage, hitting all but Empoleon and Breloom for neutral damage.

Synergy with Electivire: What Pokemon player doesn’t know of the GyaraVire combo? Gyarados is perhaps the biggest draw for Electric attacks in the game, allowing Electivire to come in and start up a sweep. With Stone Edge he also handles Zapdos that otherwise stalls Electivire, however risky it may be keeping him in play against the bird.

466.png

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Nature: Mild
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- HP Ice

His Role:
Ah, the main man himself, the ‘mon this team is based around. Switched to the MixVire set to have an easier time with Stall Breaking, something the team struggles with.

His Moves: You’ve got to love this guys moveset, hitting 13 out of the 17 types in the game for super effective damage. Thunderbolt and Hp Ice form a pseudo BoltBeam combo, with Thunderbolt taking out Water types with reliable STAB, and HP ICe taking out the Ground Types immune to Thnuderbolt, along with Dragons. Cross Chop takes care of Blissey and Tyranitar, while Flamethrower takes care of Steels and Bulky Grass types.

Synergy with Rest of the Team:
Earthquakes aimed at him go towards Gyarados or Latias. Will-O-Wisps are absorbed by Heatran.

485.png

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- HP Grass
- Dragon Pulse

His Role: Helps to handle some of Electivire’s counters while being a threatening sweeper in his own right. Able to handle a lot of threats in today’s metagame.

His Moves: Fire Blast is a beast coming off of Heatran’s high Special Attack boosted by Life Orb. It deals respectable damage to Salamence and Gyarados, while completely wrecking steel types. Earth Power takes care of other Heatran and Fire Types. HP Grass takes care of the bulky waters which think they can handle Heatran, and Dragon Pulse is mostly to hit Kingdra and Latias.

Synergy with Electivire: Something which really ruins Electivire is Will-O-Wisp, usually fired off from a Rotom. Heatran switches in on this and gets a flash fire boost, and can hit back with a boosted Fire Blast.

The Revenge Killer

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- SuperPower
- Pursuit

His Role: Aren’t I original? Yes, it’s the set everyone and their dog uses. But there’s a reason Scizor is so loved, he’s perhaps the best Revenge Killer in the game, while also scouting with U-Turn. That’s his basic role on this team.

His Moves: Bullet Punch easily picks off many weakened sweepers, especially factoring in SR damage. Superpower kills many of Scizor’s switch ins, most notably Heatran and Magnezone. U-Turn is for scouting out the opponent’s team while also dealing respectable damage. Pursuit heavily hurts Bulky Ghost types and Psychics.

Synergy with Electivire: Taking care of Latias, Cresselia and Gardevoir and bulky Ghosts with Pursuit, and threatening Mamoswine with Bullet Punch.

The Second Revenge Killer

380.png

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Draco Meter
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

His Role: Roserade was proving to be dead weight, and I was having some problem with Dragon Dancers, so Latias is here to serve as both a revenge killer and a DD counter

His Moves: Draco Meter is his main form of attack, muscling through a large chunk of the tier. Surf is for muscling through Ground types and Thunderbolt is for bulky waters if Electivire is down.

Synergy with Electivire: Latias's job is to punch cruical holes in the opponent's team that allow Electivire an easier time at a sleep. She also compliments Heatran very well, resisting his weaknesses and vice-versa.

Take a bow, men.

398.png
130.png
471.png
490.png
212.png
380.png

Well, there you have it. I've had some success messing around with this team on Shoddy, and definitely had a lot of fun. I feel it can still be improved greatly, however, and I welcome all advice and criticism.​

Last edited:

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Just a nitpick, Heatran's STAB'd Fire Blast is stronger than 2x SE Dark Pulse, so you might wanna change Dark Pulse to Dragon Pulse, in order to hit Kingdra.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
The reason why you want mixvire is so forry and swampy can't kill you. Give rosy sleep powder.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
You probably want HP Grass on Electivire for Swampert. Also, I think Thunderbolt hits better on Bulky Gyara than ThunderPunch.
And just saying, I don't think Roserade can take an Earthquake.

Bulldogs

Banned
Sleep Powder and Spikes is an impossible breeding combination.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Sleep Powder and Spikes is an impossible breeding combination.

He can either run Toxic Spikes over Spikes, or Stun Spore over Sleep Powder.

I really don't see what Roserade has over Skarmory as a Spiker. Seriously. Also you need extra Mence protection, so Skarm > Roserade methinks.

Skarmory @Leftovers
Keen Eye | Careful | 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
~ Brave Bird/Taunt
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost

Viewtiful

The Mighty Duck
Roserade was proving to be fairly useless, and not contributing much to the team, so per a suggestion on another forum she's been changed to a Latias.

Also switched to the MixVire set.

What I'm wondering at the moment is whether or not I still need Scizor, now that I have Latias.

It's also been suggested that I make Heatran my anti-lead, and use the SubPeyta Empoleon set. Thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited: