• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Motorsport thread

treespyro

Vintage much?
This is the thread that is all Motorsport

From Alonso to Dixon, Rossi to Loeb, Scuderia Ferrari to Ducati and so on Everything Motorsport belong here including Moto GP and Superbikes

Anyway In F1, there are rumors that Fernando Alonso will join Honda in 2009 as well as Sato could be joining Toro Rosso, Interesting Rumors coming out just before the European GP at the debut of the Valencia Street Circuit

Also In other News

Melandri confirms Kawasaki move The 26-year-old Italian joined Ducati at the start of this year as team-mate to reigning world champion Casey Stoner but has had a wretched season. Marco Melandri has revealed that he will race for the Kawasaki MotoGP team next season.

I hope that people use this thread

DragonDance

thrasher
Seeing as nobody else has posted here, I guess I will

I love most forms of auto racing, and try to watch as much as I can

I try to watch F1 as much as I can, but due to time differences (most races happen around 6-9 AM here) it doesn't happen often. I'd love to see Lewis Hamilton win the driver's title, though.

I also watch NASCAR (in before some stupid redneck joke) every week, and am a big fan of any, and all things Hendrick, (including Dale Jr.s Nationwide team [so was very pleased to see Brad win tonight]).

The Super GT (ex JGTC) in Japan, has also sparked my interest recently (mostly due to me getting Gran Turismo 4 a couple months ago), but, alas, Speed channel has their heads far too much up NASCAR's arse to show any of it.

Alonso possible joining Honda makes me laugh, personally, though it probably will motivate Honda to do better

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
Vettel fastest in Practice 1 and Raikkonen fastest in Practice 2 in the New Valencia Street Circuit

What will happen in Qualifying

Andywoo

Banned
I thin I found my new home Treespyro

Qualifying? 3rd practice still has to be done. Difficult to jusdge whats gonna happen though considering it's a new circuit so it was extremly dusty. Early signs are though that Ferrari, McLaren, Alonso and Kubica are looking good. Button P3 on P2 I would take down to low-fuel. Currently watching the live timing from F1.com of the third practice now. All just done installations laps

EDIT:'spose i'll give you my resume. The last F1 race I missed was Japan 2002. The last F1 Racing magazine I missed was March 2004. I enjoy the Moto Gp more than superbikes. Some IRL I like because Dixon is a kiwi, and it is good to support something we're good at. I'd have to say I am probably the most in-depth petrol-head here

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
In Practice 3, Kubica is the fastest followed by Nico Rosberg and then Bourdais
Hamilton 7th
Raikkonen 15th
Massa 5th

Oualifying is in 3 hours

Massa has pole and Hamilton in 2nd, Both Toro Rosso making it into Q3, This race is going to be good

Last edited:

Andywoo

Banned
It does indeed seem to be set out for a good race. Looking foward for the first lap as they go over the extremly tight bridge. Look for a few midfield runners to lose body parts.

Qualifying: I was very surprised to see that both Alonso and Glock didn't make it. Once again Raïkkonen has qualifying troubles.

Race: My predictions:
-Hamilton
-Massa
-Raikkonen.

Can't wait for the race. It will be a beauty

treespyro

Vintage much?
I am going to make a Very Bold Prediction

1. Vettel
2. Massa
3. Rosberg
4. Hamilton
5. Kubica
6. Kovalainen
7. Alonso
8. Nakajima

Raikkonen retired

Andywoo

Banned
I am going to make a Very Bold Prediction

1. Vettel
2. Massa
3. Rosberg
4. Hamilton
5. Kubica
6. Kovalainen
7. Alonso
8. Nakajima

Raikkonen retired

Very Bold is an undersatement.

To be honest I think Vettel is relatively light and will be one of the first to pit. Ones to keep an eye on? Heidfeld and the two Williams. I suggest going by their qualifying that they will run very long, possibly even one-stop. Add Alosno to that as well. Imagined if it rained as well. That would really spice things up

treespyro

Vintage much?
Well at least I got one thing right

I called a Raikkonen retirement and that did happen, Anyway great job by Massa to win and Vettel for scoring well.

Andywoo

Banned
True. To be honest it wasn't the most exciting race I've seen before, hopefully next years major modifications to the cars will make everything improve. Spa next though, a traditionally strong Ferrari circuit. Will Raïkkonen break his 8-race drought here or will the Massa run continue?

In other news, Helio Castroneves won the latest IRL race at Infineon Speedway. Dixon finshed 12th so his lead is down to just 43 points with two races remaining!

Andywoo

Banned
I can't get into NASCAR at all. Just battle trucks driving around running into eachother. IRL is somewhat similair but at least they drive on more road cicuits.

In other news, F1 testing has been going at Monza with Massa and Heidfeld leading on Day 1 and Day 2 respectively

DragonDance

thrasher
I've always found the style of Nascar to be more exciting than open wheel racing, to be honest. Not to take away from it, though

Also, seeing established IRL/F1 guys come in and not do so well is proof that 'endlessly turning left' isn't as simple as what people make it out to be

treespyro

Vintage much?
I've always found the style of Nascar to be more exciting than open wheel racing, to be honest. Not to take away from it, though

Also, seeing established IRL/F1 guys come in and not do so well is proof that 'endlessly turning left' isn't as simple as what people make it out to be

Gotta love Marcos Ambrose and Juan Pablo Montoya

I was looking through my DVDs and I was watching The 2006 Monaco GP, When Schumacher just stopped stopping Alonso, Webber, Fisichella and Raikkonen from posting faster times

Andywoo

Banned
Gotta love Marcos Ambrose and Juan Pablo Montoya

I was looking through my DVDs and I was watching The 2006 Monaco GP, When Schumacher just stopped stopping Alonso, Webber, Fisichella and Raikkonen from posting faster times

Ah yes. I remember that. He raced really well, but was overshadowed by some er...............subtle tactics lol

treespyro

Vintage much?
Marcos was a Star in the V8 Supercars and we all know Montoya

Rumors suggest that Anthony Davidson and Bruno Senna will be racing with Toro Rosso next season

Gerhard Berger is Bruno Senna's mentor...

Andywoo

Banned
More big news about f1 now, although this regards a very well known and liked track:

Apparently Bernie Eccelstone was pushing the honchos who run and maintain the Spa-Franchorchamps circuit in Belgium to modify and take out some big parts of the circuit so it is a suitable length and has good safety. The plan, supposedly, is to turn right at the Pouhon turn till Blanchimont, thus cutting out the fast Fanges chicane and the Stavelot corner as well as the whole flat out bit till Blanchimont. Both Blanchimont and Pouhon are to be modified, It is expected to be finished as early as 2009.

I can't believe Bernard would consider such a thing. He and Max (his 'partner') have ruined the sport enough recently, that this is very unnecessary. If this happens I may have to give up on it (*GASP!!!!!!!*)

treespyro

Vintage much?
More big news about f1 now, although this regards a very well known and liked track:

Apparently Bernie Eccelstone was pushing the honchos who run and maintain the Spa-Franchorchamps circuit in Belgium to modify and take out some big parts of the circuit so it is a suitable length and has good safety. The plan, supposedly, is to turn right at the Pouhon turn till Blanchimont, thus cutting out the fast Fanges chicane and the Stavelot corner as well as the whole flat out bit till Blanchimont. Both Blanchimont and Pouhon are to be modified, It is expected to be finished as early as 2009.

I can't believe Bernard would consider such a thing. He and Max (his 'partner') have ruined the sport enough recently, that this is very unnecessary. If this happens I may have to give up on it (*GASP!!!!!!!*)

This is bad, but hopefully Eau Rouge doesn't go, I mean the Bus stop did get modified.

Next Year, The UAE GP makes its debut

Andywoo

Banned
This is bad, but hopefully Eau Rouge doesn't go, I mean the Bus stop did get modified.

Next Year, The UAE GP makes its debut

Yas Island at Aby Dhabi. Is that what you mean? Regardless it is going to rock there. Unfortunately in it's the season finale so we have to wait a loooooong time.

Marcos was a Star in the V8 Supercars and we all know Montoya

Rumors suggest that Anthony Davidson and Bruno Senna will be racing with Toro Rosso next season

Gerhard Berger is Bruno Senna's mentor...

Apparently Taku and Sebástion Buemi are going to test. What is it with Toro Rosso and the name Sebástion?