• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Music & Musicians Alliance *New and Improved Music Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Fellow music lovers and musicians, welcome to The Music and Musicians Alliance!!!

cm12.png

This is the NEW Music & Musicians Alliance club! The Music and Musicians Alliance is a spot where music fanatics can gather together as a group and discuss anything music related! Do you play the guitar, piano, sing, in a band and want to talk about and show you're passion to the community, do you love music in general, do you have problems setting up you're studio or simple equipment, or do you want to go to the extremes and show others you're musical talent? If you do, then this club is for you!!

Anybody in the community is free to join without hesitation, but there are a few rules and regulations you'll have to follow in order to be part of it. First off, you either have to play a musical instrument. It can be any musical instrument of you're choice, it can be anything from piano to vocals. OR, you have to respect and love music in general. You're free to discuss anything music related in this club and to make it more exciting you may post you're musical talents or work together to collaborate a song together!! How cool is that? Join now!!

Rules
402.gif

1. Follow ALL SPPF rules. I can't stress this enough.
2. You must love music or play a musical instrument, (It's not a requirement to play a musical instrument, but you must have a passion for music.)
3. Be respectful to fellow members. This is a key component here. Don't flame, bash, or criticize someone because of they're taste in music AND please no bashing, flaming, or criticizing someone else's work (if they choose to post). We don't want people getting they're feelings hurt because someone thinks they're music is terrible nor do we want problems here. We all have different taste in music so remember that. If you got anything bad to say, don't say it at all. Constructive criticism on the other hand is allowed.
4. Please stay on topic. This is a music club; not a movie club, not a gaming club, not a Pokemon club, and not a clothing club. It's a music club and should only be about anything music related. Anything off topic will be considered as spam and will result in a strike.
5. Try to stay away from posing mile long quote pictures. We don't want you posting pics so big that it will reach out of space for a second orbit.
6. Please fill out the member application to join. If you don't fill out the application then I can't accept you into the club to join the party, sorry.
7. Try to stay active. Don't join and post, "I play the guitar" and leave, we want this to be as active as possible. 1 month of inactivity will result in deleting you from the club. If you're going on vacation, moving, working, etc and you can't post for awhile LET ME KNOW!
8. PLEASE USE SPOILERS POSTING LINKS! If you would like to post a song of your music whether it be Soundcloud, Youtube, ReverbNation, Facebook, Bandcamp, etc be sure to use spoilers.

Strike List
294.gif

The strike system is very simple. It's a 3 strike you're out thing. If you spam, bash, flame, criticize, cause problems, etc it will result in strike 1. Strike 2 will result in a one week ban from the club and strike 3 means you're out, and no longer allowed in the club (and I will make sure SPPF staff is aware)!

I will not tolerate one another disrespecting, criticizing, flaming, etc in my club. I will not hesitate to give out warnings for something that you could of avoided.. This is a friendly community and forum, try not to ruin it for everyone else.

Application​

I wan't to join the club!
648.gif

Username:
What instruments you play? (If none put "none or N/A"):
Why are you joining the club?:
Would you be willing to collaborate?:

Artists​
039.gif

ShinyUmbreon189(Owner) - Rapper, music composer (producer, song writer, and mixing and mastering), guitar
385.gif

Keysmash - Piano, clarinet, flute, waistdrum, recording/composing

King Infernape the III - French Horn

epicjirachifan - Piano, organ, orchestral percussion

VampirateMace - Ocarina

Mogar - Guitar & banjo

Toyosatomimi no Miko - Piano, clarinet, guitar

fango pango - Drums

Tangeh - Piano & bass clarinet

Machamp-X - Piano, recorder, digital composing and remixing

Armando Payne - Keyboard, song writer/singer

Musical Art/Collaborations
174.gif

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Yessir, I want to join!

Username: Keysmash
What instruments you play?: Piano, clarinet, flute, waistdrum, recorder, composing as well
Why are you joining the club?: Music is neat talking to other musicians is even better
Would you be willing to collaborate?: On songwriting? Only with orchestral instruments, most likely

I've been thinking of making this club myself, but you seem to have gotten there already. I hope other members will join as well!

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Username: King Infernape the III
What instruments you play? (If none put "none or N/A"): French Horn
Why are you joining the club?: Because it's awesome. (But really, because I play the F horn and I am still learning and I think most music is awesome, favorite would be video game music, for real.)
Would you be willing to collaborate?: No... I can't.

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Username: epicjirachifan
What instruments you play? (If none put "none or N/A"): I play Piano, a bit of Organ, and a lot of orchestral percussion with a focus on Xylophone and Timpani.
Why are you joining the club?: Because I love music, and would love to meet more musicians.
Would you be willing to collaborate?: Well, it depends what on.

also please don't think im being weird but i see youre using the banner i made ages ago and honestly im kind of flattered

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Keysmash, King Infernape the III, and epicjirachifan you're all accepted into the club!

This clubs starting off slow like the original one I created so hopefully it starts to pick up like the last one. Except, this time I have plenty of time for the club and wont be forced to abandon it.

No singers yet I assume?

@Keysmash. You say you compose music right? Do you mean composing like using a DAW and producing music that way or writing music yourself with instruments? If you use a DAW what DAW do you use?

Keysmash

buys meat
Keysmash, King Infernape the III, and epicjirachifan you're all accepted into the club!

This clubs starting off slow like the original one I created so hopefully it starts to pick up like the last one. Except, this time I have plenty of time for the club and wont be forced to abandon it.

No singers yet I assume?

@Keysmash. You say you compose music right? Do you mean composing like using a DAW and producing music that way or writing music yourself with instruments? If you use a DAW what DAW do you use?

Writing with instruments (sheet music). For both solo and group.

Sorry to disappoint. :p I don't know much about digital music and such.

Also, should we have some kind of topic to start ourselves off?

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Sheet music is still composing! I myself am more familiar with DAW (digital audio workstation) since I rap and don't want to pay money to get it done by someone else so I forced myself to learn how to produce (still learning to do so in FL Studio which is my producing DAW), record, mix & master. I've been told by lots of people that my tracks sound like they were recorded in a profession studio.. They sorta were since it's a home studio but it's still in the making so I'll take the compliments since it comes down to the engineer rather than the equipment.

Topic: What got you into music and or why did you chose your instruments over the rest?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Eh, I might as well join in

Username: VampirateMace
What instruments you play?: Ocarina (no, seriously, a professionally made, music quality ocarina) ...And would like to learn to play the violin
Why are you joining the club?: Well, I play an instrument, and am curious about who else on Serebii plays what, and would be happy enough engage in music related conversation.
Would you be willing to collaborate?: Um, maybe? My only music writing looks like medieval music (melodic, minor, and no differentiation between note types)... but I have experience with sound editing.

I first figured out that I'd actually like to play an instrument as an adult, while playing the electric strings at our museum (which used a graph rather than sheets). So, I started playing the ocarina that I had, you will never get a tourist trap ocarina to sound good, just trust me... and trying to remember what my grade school music teacher had to say about FACE. Then I started looking for tips and playing the piano 'lessons' on the DS, and realized I overlooked the importance of the quality of your ocarina. So, after a bit of research, I picked Songbird's Hylian Shield, 6 hole ocarina in G. Heh, I didn't want too much to remember just yet... but apparently some people think it's actually easier to play the huz type that have more holes, because the hand positions are more logical.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Welcome VampirateMace!

I never thought anyone in the club would play the ocarina, that's actually pretty cool. My friend has one but I'm not sure if he ever plays it. I myself have never played one but I find them to sound soothing.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I can see why some people think it sounds haunting. It has a dark vibe to it but I find it soothing at the same time.

You said that you do music editing, do you do that in a DAW? It's always nice to come across new people that have experience mixing music..

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It's funny that it would sound dark, as most ocarinas are fairly high pitched, but then, there is a point at which high pitched sounds coincide with a baby's scared scream, so maybe that's it.

More of my sound editing experience has been in film editing software (though from some programs you can export just the sound).

Pyroli

Banned
Username: Mogar
What instruments you play?: Guitar/Banjo
Why are you joining the club?: I adore music, all forms of music. And music is my all time favourite thing to discuss.
Would you be willing to collaborate?: Maybe, but probably only with guitar. I'm not super confident on Banjo yet.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Username: Toyosatomimi no Miko
What instruments do you play? I used to play piano a while ago (about six years of experience), and am in my fifth year of clarinet. I'm also told I have a talent for string instruments, though I've only slightly tried one. For about 2 min. I'm currently (sort of successfully) self-teaching myself guitar.
Why are you joining the club? Music is amazing, and talking to other musicians might get me some tips that will help me get better at whatever I'm playing.
Would you be willing to collaborate? Depends. I'm pretty alright with creating supporting roles (since I mostly play those).

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
Username: fango pango
What instruments you play? (If none put "none or N/A"): Drums.
Why are you joining the club?: Because music is brilliant and I can play an instrument too?
Would you be willing to collaborate?: Depends what on. I can write lyrics but I can't like actually record anything (sadly)

Keysmash

buys meat
@Miko: Five years of clarinet is a long time... what 'grade level' are you/ were you in piano? (I've played for 6 years as well)

What got you into music and or why did you chose your instruments over the rest?

Parents vs. piano. You know where this goes. And I had to pick an instrument for middle school band, and my mother already had a clarinet, so I was made to go with that. Earlier, elementary school recorder shenanigans, as well as playing waistdrum as part of a troupe with my parents' friends... and recently, just happened to find a random flute lying in the cupboard. So that's that.

Really, the only thing I've done of my own volition is take up flute. Even composition was part of four-part harmony lessons.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Last 3 are accepted! Sorry im on my phone atm ill update later.

@ fango panto. Why can't you record? If you download audacity you can record music with any microphone and its free. That's what i started out with and its a good daw for free. I now use a professional program that costs $500

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
What got you into music and or why did you chose your instruments over the rest?
Well, I was in a good school, with like 70+ members in the beginning band (had to split it up) and I chose my instrument later than most. From what I had seen, there were 30 Clarinets. Therefore, when my band teacher had me test out all the instruments and told me it was either Clarinet or French Horn, I chose the more unique one.
What chair placings have you been in throughout your life?
In 6th Grade, I started out as last chair, and held that position until the very last seating test. My late start was because of not knowing that notes between the piano and the horn are transposed, and me playing everything down an octave. On the last test, I pulled it together and got first.
In 7th Grade, I started out as fourth chair, and because I was in the Eighth Grade class I only moved one forward.
In 8th Grade, I moved to a school with roughly 13 band members, and as I was the only horn, I was first.
During 8th Grade, I did Honor Band, so there was actually a competition. I was placed second behind a girl who had a very shiny horn with a gold rimmed mouthpiece. However, the day before the concert, she hurled into her mouthpiece, and unfortunately I was in the splash zone. 12 hours of horn washing later, the girl was still sick, and I was placed first.
In 9th Grade (current), I am once again the only horn in my class, despite going to the #38 school in the nation. I also didn't get to keep my middle school horn, and I got the high school horn. I had to get one out of the old closet, and find the best horn. There were ~6-7 horns in there. I pull out the first one, and none of the buttons are attached. I eventually found the best one, which was still messed up, but at least all the buttons worked! It was the only one!
I pick it up and a spider the size of my mouthpiece comes out.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
@Miko: Five years of clarinet is a long time... what 'grade level' are you/ were you in piano? (I've played for 6 years as well)

I was always into music, probably since I was still unborn. I had a thing for rock and roll.
I don't quite remember. I started when I was 3-4 and kept at it until I was 9-10, but it probably wasn't a very high level as I was against practicing (again, I was 10). I haven't played for about three to four years now so my muscle memory is blown and my left hand doesn't remember how to play anymore. ^^'

I picked up piano because, well, parents. I also had a keyboard at home. Eventually though, I stopped practicing because I didn't like it anymore (also lazy), so yeah.
Before fourth grade (the time you were allowed to be in the band), I saw a performance in my school. My friend's sister was in the band (clarinet, though she is not the one who inspired me or anything like that). When she went to junior high my friend told me that they took trips to places like Disneyland and Hawaii. And yes, I joined band for the trips. I regret nothing.
When fourth grade finally came I had the option to join band. I didn't know what instrument I wanted to play though. My mom strongly suggested clarinet. Or well, she bought one and just kind of forced it on me. Well, it wasn't that bad at least. I like it.
I am attempting guitar because of this anime called K-ON!. Really inspired me.
What chair placings have you been in throughout your life?
I pick it up and a spider the size of my mouthpiece comes out.
In fourth grade, I was...like 10th out of 12, since there were fifth and sixth graders in front of me.
In fifth, I was somewhere around fifth out of seven.
Sixth grade - third out of again, seven.
Seventh - again, eighth graders, so I was eight out of twelve.
Eighth (aka now) - somehow through some magical method probably known as practice, I am first chair out of five, section leader. We have a really small band this year (21 people, advanced band) compared to last year (~74 people, advanced band).
And dang, I would've freaked out if that happened. I really hate spiders, but to come out of a French Horn...

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
And dang, I would've freaked out if that happened. I really hate spiders, but to come out of a French Horn...
Yeah, I was pretty freaked out, but it was the only playable horn in there. The band room itself is probably 30 years old and has pencils stuck in the ceiling. Who knows how old those instruments are.
At least my parents are pushing to get a good deal on a horn, but they are expecting prices ~$1500, whereas the actual good ones start at ~$2500. Unless someone knows of a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.