• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Music & Musicians Alliance *New and Improved Music Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keysmash

buys meat
A lot of the kids in my music class are super good at what they do-- almost everyone is at a Grade 10 level (RCM), typically on piano, and many are even playing at a professional level. Kill me.

@ShinyU

It's plain to see you're very passionate about what you do, and I hope things do eventually go through for you. Though I won't say luck doesn't play a big part, hard work and effort is, as they say, what makes it possible, more than anything else. I applaud you, OP.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
So I finally got that verse I posted lyrics for awhile ago recorded and uploaded to my music sites. If you guys would like to listen to it and let me know what you think that would be great! No, it's not recorded in a professional studio (even tho it sounds like it is), it's recorded in my home studio and mixed and mastered myself.

https://soundcloud.com/t-the-manager/freestyle-prod-limit-beats-my-verse-only

Armando Payne

What do you hope to accomplish with music in the near and/or faraway future?

Hopefully sell my 70-odd pages worth of lyrics to someone.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'm going to guess it either has to do with not being an established voice artist, or the fact that not everyone can control their voice that well.

Uh... really, I'd just like to play better, and maybe get something other than JAWS memorized. I get what Tangeh is saying on memorization, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at it - meanwhile there's a box somewhere in my brain that catalogs every worthless fact I hear. I have no delusions that I'll be some great famous artist someday, but I enjoy playing and like when other people enjoy my playing, so I want to play better in that regard alone.

Like I said before, I might like to play violin someday (I think I'd need to find a teacher before buying one, since I've got a ton of questions), or maybe I should consider a more complicated oc. Then again the theremin is fun (though the most hellishly illogical instrument ever devised), and I know where there's a melodica no one is playing.

Armando Payne

^ What VampirateMace said. I'm not really good at singing, like I could do guide vocals but I could never do like a whole big singing career.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
That's one of the reasons why I rap instead of sing, (other than the fact since day one I could flow, I was inspired by a lot of rappers, and I enjoy doing it) I can't sing to save my life lol. Not saying you should resort to rapping cause honestly rapping isn't any easier and it's not for everybody especially if you don't like rap. Rapping is just something that I'm good at and I like to use my voice to express myself and/or send a message, it's harder to do that with a musical instrument. There's more to rapping than just writing lyrics and talking, it's asinine to think rapping takes no talent, rapping is actually very difficult if you wanna get good. But good luck on selling your lyrics.

Armando Payne

I can rap karaoke but I don't think that's the same as rap rapping. Like I could rap but none of my lyrics are rap material and thank you.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
PLEASE sign me up!

What instruments you play? Guitar
Why are you joining the club?: I want to meet other like minded musicians.
Would you be willing to collaborate?: yes

Keysmash

buys meat
Band started this week. It's just begun so no one's been given any official places yet or anything-- the band's just played a chorale or two (woodwinds only until concert time-- it's serene). I'm nowhere near good enough for first chair, but I do sit in the front row... symbolism with a side of foreshadowing, please...

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
deoxysdude94 welcome!

So Thursday I have someone scheduled for recordings in my home studio. This will be the first time I've ever brought somebody into the studio to record them so hopefully it all goes well and the person get's me out there more. Wish me luck guys! I've never had experience with real life customers in the music business, hopefully I can start making some profit here soon.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Username: xDIRCIOx
What instruments you play? (If none put "none or N/A"): Guitar, Piano, Mallet Percussion, Percussion in general...
Why are you joining the club?: I love music, from Alman Brothers Band to Dethklok lol
Would you be willing to collaborate?: I suck at drawing tho :x

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
@xDIRCIOx Percussion heck yeah!!!

Anyway, sorry for inactivity...
Band started up again for me and my teacher has been really annoying me. She keeps reffering to the drum kit as 'percussion' when she doesn't include me and its so annoying if she wants to say percussion she better mean both of us.

That said topic thing
Get my grade 3 in tuned/mallet percussion \(^0^)/ and one day become part of an established orchestra. Though, the chances or the latter are low hahaha

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I've been looking for a club exactly like this!

Username: Kiruria
What instruments you play?: I play the keyboard a little, but I'm not really that great at it. Actually, I'd say I'm more unconventional, as I don't play it like a piano - I don't use the proper hand positions, and mainly rely on playing simple melodies. I have an ocarina as well (the kind with four holes arranged in a square), but I'm not very good at playing it. My favourite musical instrument overall is the pipe organ in terms of sound, but I don't think I'd ever play it, as I hear it's quite difficult to learn.
Why are you joining the club?: I love writing songs (and singing them) and composing music for them. My music is all electronic - I used to record stuff with a keyboard a lot, but nowadays I have switched mostly to electronic music software (currently I'm using a somewhat old version of Acid Pro). It doesn't fall into one specific genre; rather, I diversify into a few distinct genres - some of my songs are more like generic techno, some are more new age-ish, and others have an almost folk-like note to them. A lot of my songs are on spiritual topics or about the dark side of life; for the latter category, I can almost classify those songs as belonging to a genre called "gothic electronica". (I eventually plan on devoting an entire album to that genre.) I also have a few songs corresponding to stories I plan on writing - usually about a character or group or world I created.

In terms of music I did not compose, my music tastes fall into three distinct categories: new age/folk (especially Celtic and medieval-era music), techno/dance pop (especially Eurobeat and bubblegum dance), and metal (mainly symphonic, gothic, and power metal). I have a small appreciation for classical music and classic rock-n-roll as well, in addition to video game music.
Would you be willing to collaborate?: Maybe... if someone wants to do a recording of them playing some instrument, I can probably provide electronic accompaniment to it, for example. I also do my own mixing and (not very professional) mastering of songs - unfortunately, real life has gotten the way of me putting any albums out so far.

My music artist name is Suminda, corresponding to an all-encompassing name of my creative projects. In fact, I'll start off by including a couple of examples of the songs I compose:
Walking - This will be the first song on my first album, one of my more metaphysical songs and a bit folk-like in nature.
Every Day Is Halloween - An upbeat techno-y song that will (strangely) go on my gothic electronica album.

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
Okay, so, a few months ago, I played this duet with a very good friend of mine. We were both in Grade 8/9 (Royal Conservatory of Music grades) at the time, and he played Primo, I Secondo.

It was a ton of fun (I highly recommend duets), so yesterday I asked another friend of mine to play this one with me. I'm in Grade 10 now, and she's in Grade 3 or 4. I'd be playing Primo.

Question is; do you guys think she'd/I'd be good enough to play it?

Status
Not open for further replies.