• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Dungeon 2 Strategy Guide

I don't know if this helps but...
In PMD2, you are only aloud to have 69 pages of pokemon.
69 x 8 = 552
I know this cause I had that much.
I battled Mew when I had 69 pages and Mew said that my Team was full and I had
to get rid of a pokemon.

mudkip42

fan of pmd series
is suicine really considered "easy" to recruit? He refused to join my team even though i defeated him 4 times... yea it was my main who dealt the last hit... Plus im lv 100...

Anyway. If im nt mistaken, master rank requires a whopping 80k points... Cos last time when i was at hyper rank i needed about 65k points to advance...

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
If anyone need golden mask wonder mail here it is
@QYP SJ@- N-J%
TH6= 4-SK 32CR
but i cant remember what you have to do

This Pokemon muscles in on treasure!
Please bring this criminal to justice!

Client: Magnezone
Objective: Arrest Venomoth
Place: Beach Cave B2F
Restrictions: None
Difficulty: D (15)
Reward: Golden Mask
Wonder Mail:
@QYP SJ@- N-J%
TH6= 4-SK 32CR

Shrine Sprite

Chortles!
I just wanted to point out that even though you have haggler (not huggler. <.<) listed in IQ group B, you don't have a description of it on the part above it. (4 Stars; "The Pokemon can bargain with Keckleon merchants in dungeons, so it will get lower prices for purchases and higher prices for the items it sells")
The mains site also lacks a description of the Haggler IQ skill.

Icicle

So for the most part this is all guide information? Because a for a few boss battles (I think Froslass is one.. there's a few other's I don't have my guide on me) tells you to put the pokemon to sleep. But they can't be put to sleep because of the Nonsleeper IQ skill (or whatever it's called). I just thought I'd point that out >_>;

Unless this was just a problem with my game <.<;

Rakurai

I noticed something interesting about the dungeons you do friend rescues in (Though I'm sure others have, as well).

They aren't random. The locations of the stairs, items, Pokemon, and everything else will be exactly the same whenever you attempt the same rescue mission. This means if while doing a rescue, you stumble across tons of useful items, it's possible to exit the dungeon via Escape Orb, then grab all the items again, and repeat for as many rescue attempts as you have remaining.

Just something I felt like pointing out.

Least100Seraphs

I noticed a thread requesting exact recruitment rates much like the ones calculated for MD1 - I also noticed that thread was locked pretty quickly...

Anyways, if you hit up upokecenter (same place as the WM gen) you'll note he has exact recruitment rates listed for all the pokemon. They seem to function identically to the MD1 recruitment system, too.... what's not listed, is the recruitment boost given by levels and items - however, based on the MD1 system and the placement of Kecleon, I'm going to guess that the boost from your level is the same (+240 at level 100), and that the Golden Mask adds 250 (25%)... that doesn't take into account the "Fast Friends" IQ skill, however...

Anyway, looks like there's some solid progress happening on the recruiting front, and with a bit of luck we'll get figures on level boost, IQ skill boost, and some solid figures backing up the somewhat vague descriptions of recruitment-boosting items.

JoeyRavn

OK, this is starting to get really, really annoying. I'm in Deep Dark Crater and there's NO FRIGGING WAY I can get past level 6. There is ALWAYS something that prevents me from getting to the bottom of the dungeon: a 175-HP damage Lava Plume critical hit, a mysteriously well-placed Monster House full of Hyperions just in the same room as the stairs, a nice set of consecutive misses with no status inflicted upon my team, teammates that go rogue and start chasing other pokés even if they have "Avoid combat" tactic... Really annoying. I have no Reviver Seeds, no food, no anything...

Any tips? I'm just about to throw this game to the garbage... it seems to be mocking me.

M. Espeon

Magic Bounce Espeon
OK, this is starting to get really, really annoying. I'm in Deep Dark Crater and there's NO FRIGGING WAY I can get past level 6. There is ALWAYS something that prevents me from getting to the bottom of the dungeon: a 175-HP damage Lava Plume critical hit, a mysteriously well-placed Monster House full of Hyperions just in the same room as the stairs, a nice set of consecutive misses with no status inflicted upon my team, teammates that go rogue and start chasing other pokés even if they have "Avoid combat" tactic... Really annoying. I have no Reviver Seeds, no food, no anything...

Any tips? I'm just about to throw this game to the garbage... it seems to be mocking me.
This seems more like a help thread question, but I'll bite. If you're desperate, just leave, restock, train a bit with missions, and try again.

EDIT: By the way, why don't you try using what Serebii has for the event dungeons? At least as a filler until you have everything complete. Serebii's event dungeon pokemon list doesn't state Skarmory in Sky Stairway, though.

EDIT 2: By the way, group G has Quick Dodger as well. Every skill in group G matches up to my Vulpix's, but my Vulpix just learned Quick Dodger.

Last edited:

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I noticed that the images regarding the attackdex were replaced with "Bandwith Exceeded..." You may want to fix that. :O

Once again. good job on the guide. ^_^

Rakurai

I noticed that the descriptions for the IQ skills Haggler and Collector are missing. They're listed in the IQ groups, but not in the complete list of IQ skills.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
Oops, wrong one. This is the real one.

Also, I'll have you know that I'm...female.
I don't check random profiles that often.
And the video description proved your statement wrong. You were talking about a "code" and not a special Wonder Mail gained via Wi-Fi. There is no code. But yes, a special mission did exist for the purpose, but not anymore, at least for now.