• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Dungeon Sky Discussion

AstralEon

The one and only.
I'm making a thread to discuss about the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explores of Sky.

Talk about anything related to Mystery Sky here: Tell your story about how well you like this game, if the game in any better than the previous Darkness/Time version, how far in the game your in, what are your dislikes/likes about the game, etc.

Note: Try to keep spoilers to a minimum.
Also, please do not post that you are needing help in rescuing.
Post them here instead: HELP I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP - PMD [All Versions] Rescue Thread

Last edited:
I got my game yesterday, and I'm pretty happy with it. So far, it seems extremely close to Time and Darkness, but I know that will change later on.

I like the new episodes (although I haven't played mine yet), and the new shops and Pokemon, like Wynaut and Wobbuffet. :)

I ended up as a Vulpix, and I chose Eevee as my team mate (I hope to evolve her to a Leafeon later). I was thinking about choosing a starter for more power, but I chose Eevee for it's evolutions and cuteness. And if we die in dungeons, at least we will have been a cute team to die. xD

We are team Toast, by the way. I wouldn't ask about the name. ;)

AstralEon

The one and only.
Same, got it yesterday too. Sky has more resembles to the T/D but with a few new features.

For my team, I chose my previous team I had in T/D. Which was me, Cyndaquil and my partner, Treecko. I just couldn't deny myself in choosing the other Pokemon. I grown attached to my regular team.

As for a team name, I called my team, "Legends". My team will raise again and go forth on this adventure and re-conquer the lands once more. Hence the "Legends" part.

I'm currently at 'Chapter 6, Team Skull' in the story. Most of it I already know what's going to happen.

I also finished one the Special Episodes. And I have to tell you, these special episodes are no pushovers. This first one was quite serious. I have failed several times but managed to beat it. I would like to tell more about to but I rather not spoil the surprises.

I'll wait for about a month before I reveal some spoilers.

Last edited:

umbreon_shadow27

Dark Trainer
When I started yesterday I got phanpy but for some reason it knew ancientpower.Does anyone know why this happened?

Eeveefreak

Got the game yesterday, haven't gotten very far. Have unlocked Bidoof's Mission, but haven't seriously tried it yet. Anyone else have their starter pokemon start with an Egg Move? I started as Eevee (with Riolu as my partner), and started with Flail, apparently.

Other than that, I like the updated graphics on a number of things and found the new intro lovely, but other than that, haven't reached many of the new additions.

Did come across a few lookalike items tho. I did find the Mix Elixer amusing (works for Linoone only), and the Reviser Seed, if used, is funny for the dialogue...but rather useless otherwise. I'm not sure what to make of these as of yet...it's...certainly different, anyhow.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Got the game yesterday, haven't gotten very far. Have unlocked Bidoof's Mission, but haven't seriously tried it yet. Anyone else have their starter pokemon start with an Egg Move? I started as Eevee (with Riolu as my partner), and started with Flail, apparently.

Other than that, I like the updated graphics on a number of things and found the new intro lovely, but other than that, haven't reached many of the new additions.

Did come across a few lookalike items tho. I did find the Mix Elixer amusing (works for Linoone only), and the Reviser Seed, if used, is funny for the dialogue...but rather useless otherwise. I'm not sure what to make of these as of yet...it's...certainly different, anyhow.
One of these things happened to me.

When I was in Mt. Bristle. I was half way done on the mission: I was battling a Starly, I was low on hp(about 9hp left). So I just opened up my bag, grabbed an Oran Berry, and ate it. But what happen was instead of healing as usual, I took 10 damage, which ended my mission.

I was like "what??". Then I remember about an alert I got earlier from the game that told me there was some kind of different "Oran" berry that said it had an "e" instead of "a"; "Oren".

I happened to eat that which ended up killing me. =(

Got to watch out for those.

Same goes with "Reviver Seeds". "Reviver" - "Reviser". I read it on the booklet. Don't know what this one does though.

Last edited:

Eeveefreak

You get the '*insert name* used a Reviver Seed!' message thing, then a pause, while your HP is still 0, and then another message that goes, wait, that wasn't a reviver seed, that was a reviser seed, and you go 'what?' And it says something about the Reviser Seed, with an 's,' not a 'v' sorry or something and you burst out laughing and faint anyhow.

It was amusing, and annoying at the same time. I haven't run into another one, and I don't recall the exact wording, because it happened yesterday. I've also run into the Oren Berries...but haven't made the mistake of eating them, because as soon as I got that message about them, I looked at it and went 'oh, it hurts you, not heals you? Screw that' and tossed it.

Of course, it later occured to me it might have been handy to save and chuck at an enemy later. *chuckles* Ah well.

FlameRose

Just got it yesterday, at the part where Team Skull steals all the Perfect Apples from the tree in Apple Woods and you get blamed. I'm an Eevee, and my partner is a Vulpix. Have unlocked and beaten the Bidoof mission, which was surprisingly not that difficult. Granted, taking on a Jirachi at Level 12 with only Tackle as an offensive move was annoying, but once I ate a Violent Seed everything went fine. Loved the story behind it-although, in a weird way, does this mean Bidoof could technically be the reason you were pulled into the past, since he wished for a new pal and you and your partner became those "pals?" Makes me wonder...

As for the new items...eh, I've learned to check my Oran Berries now and stuff. Did get one of those Linoone-only elixirs. That earned a luagh out of me. Am basically going to use extra Items that won't help for the Spinda Cafe and stuff, which is a pretty cool place so far.

I do love some of the new graphics, like the title screens for the chapters and the different colors for Bidoof and Sunflora's journals. Little things like that make me happy, I spose.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Just got it yesterday, at the part where Team Skull steals all the Perfect Apples from the tree in Apple Woods and you get blamed. I'm an Eevee, and my partner is a Vulpix. Have unlocked and beaten the Bidoof mission, which was surprisingly not that difficult. Granted, taking on a Jirachi at Level 12 with only Tackle as an offensive move was annoying, but once I ate a Violent Seed everything went fine. Loved the story behind it-although, in a weird way, does this mean Bidoof could technically be the reason you were pulled into the past, since he wished for a new pal and you and your partner became those "pals?" Makes me wonder...

You beat the mission at Lv. 12? Really? It took me Lv. 17 to beat Jirachi.... failed 3 times on her.

What I find it more weird about this was you were able to access your items and money from the future and use it in the past. That got my mind going....

Artie

I was amazed it took me only two tries to get Skitty. The first I got was Eevee. Usually it takes me 10+ even with an answer list, but now I got it without that. Just... madness. :D

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What the hell! You turned down Eevee for Skitty?! The worst starter in the game?! Normalize and Ghost-types lilke Dusknoir don't mix, girlfriend! And good luck on Primal Dialga (coughSteelcough).

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Seems all starters and partners now come with an egg move apiece. I started with Riolu (knew Bite), and chose Meowth as a partner. Meowth knows Hypnosis, which has helped plenty of times, I can tell you! Right now, Team Aura is trying to graduate from the guild. Yeah. Not easy.

And the special episodes, those are a nice touch. In the Bidoof one, I actually managed to beat Snover, Gligar, and Bagon, and they acted like they were beating me! Then, of course, the rest of the guild showed up and kicked ***. Rollout made Jirachi a bit easier as well.

Oh, and I'm currently struggling through the Sunflora one. The last fight- you're outnumbered, type-trumped, and you start off with a burn! How in the name of Oren berries are you supposed to do anything with that?!

On the subject of Oren berries, I think those lookalike items are pretty cool. I'm good at spotting them. Haven't gotten a Mix Elixer yet. Most I've got are the Oren berry (you lose 10 HP instead of healing 100), Gone Pebble (go into Endure state, rather than throw for damage), Dough Seed (Instead of going down one level, moar money appears on the next floor!), and the Dropeye Seed (makes the whole dungeon dark instead of enhancing vision). The Oren berry isn't even that good. Serebii.net erroneously claims it lowers HP by 100. It only does by 10! Haven't tried using the Gone pebble or Dropeye Seed yet. The Dough Seed is awesome.

Eeveefreak

I've also recently discovered the Slip Seed. Lookalike of the Sleep Seed, it...makes whatever eats it walk on water. Pretty nifty. I haven't seen the Gone Pebbles or those other two seeds yet, though.

I wonder if the egg moves are set. Now that it's been mentioned, I have a partner Riolu, and he knows Bite as well. Didn't actually seriously notice that before. As an Eevee as myself (the Run Away part might suck as a partner, but when Eevee is the Leader that ability is nullified), I got Flail. Anyone else gotten anything different?

Eevee really does get aggrivating as your partner. I hadn't checked-up much on abilities, so I didn't know that she'd be running away all the time. Instead of being protective, that usually makes her faint, so we're both out of the dungeon. I would start over, but I feel like I'm too far into this, although it's only 2 days I've had it, and I don't want to. Maybe if it becomes an extreme liabilty, I'll start over.

If Eevee is considered one of the worst partners, who would you consider the best?

I also started Bidoof's special episode yesterday, and I didn't expect it to be so tough. I'll get through it....eventually. Also, like AstralEon said, I think it's really weird how your bank total and items are connected in both games. Why can't there just be two different save files? The way it is seems way more confusing.

All in all, I'm still loving this game. :)

AstralEon

The one and only.
I'm currently in Chapter 9. So far so good.

The game is getting quite interesting. Especially the new features.

I have found many different kinds of 'fools' items during my adventure.

"Vie Seed"
"DropEye Seed"
"Oren Berry"
"Reviser Seed"
"Mix Elixir"

I wonder how many there are.

I'm at chapter 6.
Oh, the only Lookalikes I've found are the Dough Seed, the Reviser seed, and the Oren Berry. I ate a Dough Seed in Drenched Bluff, expecting to get more money on the next floor...
Apparently the next floor was the last floor :/

dagon22

Charmander master!
This game is great! I found one new feature that I like. When you get one more partner than you can take with you in the dungeon, you can choose who gets sent back, I thought that was cool. I haven't found too many of the other items, but I thought that was really cool that they were added.

Jessie_James

I have returned!
I got mine going, I am a Vulpix with Faint Attack and my partner is Eevee with Flail

I think each pokemon has a special move to themselves which I'm not complaining :)