• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Dungeon Sky Discussion

Torpoleon

Congrats on beating the big boss! (=
Ahhh, the guild... Dugtrio with it's Earth Power posed the biggest threat to me. (You'll can take out Chimeco on your first turn with a distance-attack like Quick Attack, Energy Ball, Flamethrower, Water Pulse, etc. I think she knows Healing Wish..? If so, take extra caution.) You can immobilize Wigglytuff with a Seed of some sort, because he's got a ton of HP and might take awhile to KO. If you or your Partner know any moves that hit all the Pokemon in the room (Discharge, Heat Wave, etc.) then you're in luck. If not, be cautious and careful; watch your health and your Partner's; carry lots of Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries to tend to your HP. Most of the members go down really easily granted you hit them hard with a move that isn't going to be halved in power... match types best you can.
You could use the Pass Scarf (just make sure you aren't adjacent to your Partner) in order to cause some of their attacks to bounce over and hit another member instead of yourself.
I'll be honest, it took me at least two tries to beat the Grand Master of All Things Bad and his minions. My Partner kept getting knocked out. >>; I was a little careless.
Cyndaquil knows Lava Plume. I only had Wigglytuff, Diglett, Sunflora and a few others left to beat because of Lava Plume. I'll do missions to get useful items and more money and then head back there. I had Sleep and Stun Seeds when I battled Primal Dialga. The hero, Shinx, is LV 35 or so and the partner, Cyndaquil, is LV 34 or so.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got it in the mail today from Amazon. I'm a totodile and my partner is a shinx. I'm currently trying to do the first special episode. Ugh stupid weak bidoof >.<

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
Cyndaquil knows Lava Plume. I only had Wigglytuff, Diglett, Sunflora and a few others left to beat because of Lava Plume. I'll do missions to get useful items and more money and then head back there. I had Sleep and Stun Seeds when I battled Primal Dialga. The hero, Shinx, is LV 35 or so and the partner, Cyndaquil, is LV 34 or so.

Lava Plume! <3 I was Cyndaquil in Darkness--that move saved me so many times in Monster Houses and similar situations when I was swarmed with enemies. Rollout may help too--it hits several times in one turn and can add up to deal massive damage. Cyndaquil learns it at level 40.
Shinx learns the priceless Discharge at level 41; if you'd like to, you could train a little more to learn it. It proves to be extremely useful.
If you have any of the Pokemon-specific items, you might want to carry them in your Treasure Bag too--boosting your stats and giving yourself extra bonuses. (Ex: Glare Sash for the Shinx family heals your HP when you're hit by a Ground-type attack.)
I'd personally recommend raising your levels a bit; the higher your level and stats are, the greater the chance that you'll be able to endure attacks from enemy Pokemon... plus you'll be able to deal more damage to them. You might want to aim for learning Discharge, if you plan to make that attack part of your moveset.
Good luck! Pass that graduation test with flying colors, okay?

Question: I was looking through the song list for the Sky Jukebox and noticed that at the very end, I have several ??? (still locked?) tunes. I know I haven't played any of the Special Episodes--is completing them what unlocks these songs? (I've beaten the game--evolved--Guildmaster Rank. Is there something I haven't done?)

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
Question: I was looking through the song list for the Sky Jukebox and noticed that at the very end, I have several ??? (still locked?) tunes. I know I haven't played any of the Special Episodes--is completing them what unlocks these songs? (I've beaten the game--evolved--Guildmaster Rank. Is there something I haven't done?)

The only special episode I haven't beaten is "Here comes Team Charm!". The Sky Jukebox songs at the very end are the ones for the special episodes.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally beat jirachi on episode 1. It helped that I found 3 totter seeds, 2 reviver seeds and got bidoof to lv 15 ^^

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm at foggy forest. I'm lv 15 and so is my partner, Monty the shinx.

BlueMew7

Updated to do list:

O= Completed/Accomplished
X= Not accomplished/Not Completed
NE= Can't be fully accomplished

1. Get access and complete Destiny Tower O
2. Complete Zero Isle (Including Zero Isle Central) O
3. Recruit legendaries X
4. Wi-Fi Rescue stuff NE
5. Beat Main Story O
6. Beat Post Game Story O
7. Get full access to Luminous spring O
8. Reach GuildMaster Rank O
9. Max Level for all main members of Team Odium O
10. Get all Lucario and fighting/steel specific items X
11. Get all Empoleon and water/steel specific items O
12. Get all Salamence and dragon/flying specific items X
13. Get all Froslass and ice/ghost specific items O
14. Complete All special episodes O

Well I just beat Zero Isle Central last night. Personally, I think it is much more annoying than Destiny Tower.

xdragonx

Recruited Regice and Regigigas! ='D I'm planning to head back to the Bottomless Sea (again) to give Kyogre another shot.
The little Bagon that hatched is now a level 50 Salamence. I've been taking him along with me on explorations so he gets lots of EXP points.

xdragonx- Thanks. :) I'm a Totodile and my partner is Eevee.

Totodile learns Ice Fang by level up, right? That will deal x1 damage; keep in mind you'll also receive STAB on all Water-type attacks, taking the damage total from x.5 to x1 as well against Dragon/Steel Dialga. I believe Totodile also learns Super Power (though it's after-effects are risky) and can learn a couple of Fighting-type TMs.
I played as Eevee in Sky--I taught myself Dig to fight off Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon. The attack was very useful against Dialga... also, it allows you to dodge his attack, should he recover from the affects of a Seed in that turn. However, because Eevee receives STAB plus a second boost from Adaptability, its Normal-type attacks should do x2 the regular damage (correct me on my math if I'm wrong there.) ^.^;;

Ohhh... I forgot about this bit: Vile and Violent Seeds. I think if paired with a Quick Seed or two, they could prove very useful. Of course, Vile Seeds would be thrown at Dialga to weaken his Defense and Sp. Defense; you or your Partner could be fed a Violent Seed to maximize the damage of your moves.

Best of luck!

BlueMew7

I'm just waiting for people to post in the Rescue Thread so that I accept them before anyone else does. (points at xdragonx)

Torpoleon

I passed the Graduation Test! Marowak Dojo Dungeons have Escape Orbs and two Escape Orbs= 1 Reviver Seed. I had 7 Reviver Seeds and only used one! I beat Sky Mountain and am almost done with Special Episode 5 and then I will continue the Main Game. Cory( Barboach) and Steven(Starly) both evolved once and now Steven will be a Staraptor soon. Blizzard Cave is hard, but I can still manage, so don't worry. Sky Mountain was fun!!

xdragonx

Yay! Lazy me has finally decided to work through the Special Episodes! I'm done with Bidoof's Wish and Igglybuff the Prodigy. *sniffles* I loved Armaldo; not to mention he was extremely helpful in the dungeons.
RAWR. Trying to Beat Jirachi with Bidoof was NOT fun. I ended up spamming him with all kinds of Seeds.
The Monster House at the end of Igglybuff's Episode, on the other hand, was very easy for me. I just used Sing to put all the enemies to sleep, then Armaldo would KO them. =')
I guess I'll start the 3rd Episode sometime soon. Any suggestions before I begin?

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
i need to now get kyorgey, girintina, raquaza, and articoun!
What is an IQ upper? found where?

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
I've got my ROM 1 months ago and restarted it so many times until I got an Eevee.

I'm with Vulpix now. This game's quite interesting so far, and I like it better than the previous one, because we can see a lot of flashbacks~ "Igglybuff the Prodigy" one is the one I'm currently playing.

Torpoleon

Finished Today:
Blizzard Island
Crevice Cave
Special Episode 5
Surronded Sea
Giving Manaphy one Blue Gummi

To Do Today:
Give Manaphy the rest of the Blue Gummis it needs
Miracle Sea
Hopefully all of Aegis Cave
Mt. Travail, hopefully

I expect to finish the whole game by December 2009. That means main and aftergame storylines, special episodes and the 7 treasures. Anyone know how/if you can recruit Shaymin? I have a Gracidea. Is it possible to send Sky Gifts to Time/ Darkness and other Sky Versions? Special Episode 5 is my favorite and was very sad. Nice to see that Arceus made them all still be alive.

xdragonx

i need to now get kyorgey, girintina, raquaza, and articoun!
What is an IQ upper? found where?

Correct me if I misunderstood you. ^^;
Kyogre, Giratina, Rayquaza and Articuno are all found in the Post-Story plot. Kyore is at the Bottomless Sea; Giratina is at the World Abyss; Rayquaza at Sky Stairway; Articuno at Mount Avalanche. All of these dungeons are acquired at Spinda's Cafe after you receive "Secret Rank" from Scizor--you must rescue him from Crevice Cave.

By IQ upper, do you mean an item that boosts a Pokemon's IQ? =| Gummis are the most commonly used for this purpose--you can find them in all sorts of dungeons on the ground. Also, you can buy them from the Kecleon Market. If you feed them to a team member, it boosts their IQ... if you take them into Spinda's Cafe and have Spinda make a drink from them, there's a chance that your Pokemon will also benefit from extra added effects!

I expect to finish the whole game by December 2009. That means main and aftergame storylines, special episodes and the 7 treasures. Anyone know how/if you can recruit Shaymin? I have a Gracidea. Is it possible to send Sky Gifts to Time/ Darkness and other Sky Versions? Special Episode 5 is my favorite and was very sad. Nice to see that Arceus made them all still be alive.

To recruit Shaymin, climb the Sky Peak again all the way to the summit--the same guide will be there and ask to join your Exploration Team.
I'm not quite sure about the Sky Gifts... I believe they can be sent to Time/Darkness, but I'm not completely sure. I'd assume that they can, however, be sent between Sky Versions. In Shaymin Village, isn't there a Shaymin beside a Peliper that talks about sending Sky Gifts..? I will have to go back there and check. *nodnod*

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm on the igglybuff episode. It's so cute yet so wierd. I totally laughed when it caught the map on fire ^^

Torpoleon

To recruit Shaymin, climb the Sky Peak again all the way to the summit--the same guide will be there and ask to join your Exploration Team.
Ok, thanks. I'll climb Sky Peak again then. At least I ca start from the 6th Floor Clearing.

xdragonx said:
I'm not quite sure about the Sky Gifts... I believe they can be sent to Time/Darkness, but I'm not completely sure. I'd assume that they can, however, be sent between Sky Versions. In Shaymin Village, isn't there a Shaymin beside a Peliper that talks about sending Sky Gifts..? I will have to go back there and check. *nodnod*
When I saw who I can send it to, it only showed the Guild Members and my partner. I sent one to my partner. At least the Pokémon you send it to can reply. (Spinda would tell you)

So, yeah. After I recruit Shaymin, I'll get the Blue Gummis for Manaphy. Recruit Shaymin is also on my To Do Today List now.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Recruited Regice and Regigigas! ='D I'm planning to head back to the Bottomless Sea (again) to give Kyogre another shot.
The little Bagon that hatched is now a level 50 Salamence. I've been taking him along with me on explorations so he gets lots of EXP points.

Totodile learns Ice Fang by level up, right? That will deal x1 damage; keep in mind you'll also receive STAB on all Water-type attacks, taking the damage total from x.5 to x1 as well against Dragon/Steel Dialga. I believe Totodile also learns Super Power (though it's after-effects are risky) and can learn a couple of Fighting-type TMs.
I played as Eevee in Sky--I taught myself Dig to fight off Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon. The attack was very useful against Dialga... also, it allows you to dodge his attack, should he recover from the affects of a Seed in that turn. However, because Eevee receives STAB plus a second boost from Adaptability, its Normal-type attacks should do x2 the regular damage (correct me on my math if I'm wrong there.) ^.^;;

Ohhh... I forgot about this bit: Vile and Violent Seeds. I think if paired with a Quick Seed or two, they could prove very useful. Of course, Vile Seeds would be thrown at Dialga to weaken his Defense and Sp. Defense; you or your Partner could be fed a Violent Seed to maximize the damage of your moves.

Best of luck!

Yeah, my Totodile knows Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Crunch, and Superpower. Thanks for the tip about Eevee...I'll see if I can find a Dig TM in the Temporal Tower...and some Vile and Violent Seeds. Thank you! :)