• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Dungeon Sky Discussion

Torpoleon

Thanks. I'll try Super Power, but with the Attack and Defense lowering, it may just do to stick to Hydro Pump and Ice Fang while Eevee hacks away with Dig.
Those moves for Totodile are fine too. It only took me two tries to beat Primal Dialga, not to brag. Like xdragonx said, you should use Super Power when Primal Dialga's HP is pretty much depleted. Good luck........again!! Be sure to say if you have won!!

As for me, I haven't played Sky that much. I just got 2 new Wii games so it will take a lot of months before I get into the Sky mood.

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
Edit: *drumroll please* I HAVE BEAT PRIMAL DIALGA! AFTER ONE MONTH, I HAVE FINALLY BEAT HIM!!! :)

Edit 2: I've graduated now, too.

Oh, goodness! Congratulations! =D What was your winning strategy in the end? (If you don't mind sharing, of course.)

Grrr... School's been messing with my video game time. However, I'm still planning to recruit all the legendaries, and max out my team's stats at Spinda's juice stand in the cafe. Also, I think I'm going to start job hunting on the Job and Outlaw boards in the Guild for missions that offer evolutionary items as rewards.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Something I was lol'ing about:

Took a Geodude (lv 16) with me for the Amp Plain boss battle with the Manetic (can't spell -_-; ). Now, Geodude knows Magnitude so I let it loose during the battle--knocked out all the Electrives which made the job so much easier. XD

xdragonx

Something I was lol'ing about:

Took a Geodude (lv 16) with me for the Amp Plain boss battle with the Manetic (can't spell -_-; ). Now, Geodude knows Magnitude so I let it loose during the battle--knocked out all the Electrives which made the job so much easier. XD

Knocking out bosses like that is fun, isn't it?
Yes, you'll find as you progress through the game that moves like Magnitude, Discharge, Heat Wave, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, etc. are very helpful for defeating enemy Pokemon in dungeons, bosses, and those dreaded Monster Houses. You have the possibility of trying to recruit a Pokemon that learns this move and take it with you in your Team as you explore. It saves your PP, HP, and precious Items from your Treasure Bag. Being able to knock out a whole swarm of enemies in one move will prove very useful.

Illusione-Tempus

xdragonx said:
Use the Miracle Chest as a rescue gift? That's really entirely up to you. Remember that you can also equip the Joy Ribbon to your Pokemon to boost the number of EXP points earned in battle against enemies (but you have to take the hits, which can be tough and risky). Also, if you have a Pokemon that can learn the IQ skill "EXP Elite" you will receive an added bonus of points every time you defeat an enemy. This can be learned by Pokemon in the F and G IQ groups.
However, keeping the Miracle Chest even if you have access to both these options could be a good idea to help level up your team. It is also a sought-after item, and could be a worthy reward for particularly difficult rescues.

Yes I agree with you. I was planning to make that as a rescue gift whenever I try to march my way through the Zero Isles, especially South (holy cannoly I've never managed to get through that place o_0). Might go on Sky Gifts as well... ^^;

About the Exp. Elite thing, I'm still giving my starter gummis (geez, I have to get through Marine Resort more often ._.), I'm currently thinking on who to equip that Miracle Chest.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Oh, goodness! Congratulations! =D What was your winning strategy in the end? (If you don't mind sharing, of course.)

Grrr... School's been messing with my video game time. However, I'm still planning to recruit all the legendaries, and max out my team's stats at Spinda's juice stand in the cafe. Also, I think I'm going to start job hunting on the Job and Outlaw boards in the Guild for missions that offer evolutionary items as rewards.

It ended up being Ice Fang plus Dig all the way. :)

Now...just need to do all of the steps in order to evolve. Are the steps on the main site?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
It ended up being Ice Fang plus Dig all the way. :)

Now...just need to do all of the steps in order to evolve. Are the steps on the main site?

I don't think they are. In order to evolve you need to beat the guild members, find manaphy, cure manaphy of it's sickness,go through the dungeon at shaymin village, beat palkia, beat darkrai, recruit manaphy, and let it show you the marine resort.

xdragonx

About the Exp. Elite thing, I'm still giving my starter gummis (geez, I have to get through Marine Resort more often ._.), I'm currently thinking on who to equip that Miracle Chest.

I'm often going to the Marine Resort to stock up on gummis. I'll often pick up missions that take place there just so I can get a little added bonus along with all the gummis on the floor.
I also seem to find them quite often in the Spacial Rift. Does anyone else come across them here? =\

If you want gummis, you can also purposefully hunt for Monster Houses (with caution, of course). Gummis are usually littering the floor of those rooms.

Make sure to use Spinda's drink stand in the cafe when you feed your Pokemon gummis. You can gain some added stat points along with the IQ boosts.
Sometimes a Pokemon will approach you after you finish your drink and give you an Egg or ask to join your Exploration Team!

Illusione-Tempus

xdragonx said:
I'm often going to the Marine Resort to stock up on gummis. I'll often pick up missions that take place there just so I can get a little added bonus along with all the gummis on the floor.
I also seem to find them quite often in the Spacial Rift. Does anyone else come across them here? =\

If you want gummis, you can also purposefully hunt for Monster Houses (with caution, of course). Gummis are usually littering the floor of those rooms.

Make sure to use Spinda's drink stand in the cafe when you feed your Pokemon gummis. You can gain some added stat points along with the IQ boosts.
Sometimes a Pokemon will approach you after you finish your drink and give you an Egg or ask to join your Exploration Team!

About the Marine Resort jobs thing, I rarely encountered them. Mostly some random jobs off at the 7 treasures dungeons (ya all know folks :p)

About Monster Houses, among my most favorite places in obtaining gummis. And a note on bringing Trapbust Orb/Trap Buster Pokemon/Eyedrop Seeds so that the gummis won't get spoiled or get turned to Pokemon.

I always used the Spinda's drink stand (and why my starter didn't get any miracle drinks yet T.T) when eating gummis
I obtained 2 Pokemon and 5 Pokemon Eggs there yay!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Thanks. To find Manaphy, what triggers it? A job or talking to a Pokemon in the village?

You just have to do a couple of missions then one of the pokemon will say that sunflora has been talking about the surrounding sea.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started over. I'm a totodile named Robin like before and my partner is a treecho named Max. We are team DragonFire.

xdragonx

Okay, thank you!

I'm working now on the last special episode. I've gotten up to the Glalie and Mamoswine part.

(= Good luck! I recommend Grovyle's Dig attack against them--you can dodge attacks--and Absorb when you need to recover HP, of course. You might want to stall Mamoswine with a Seed and work on knocking out all the Glalie first. (I think they know Powder Snow, which can really hurt Grovyle, so be careful.) When I had to fight them, Dusknoir mostly took care of himself, but watch his health and make sure to give him Oran Berries to recover, if necessary. Since he knows Shadow Sneak, you can position Grovyle in front and Dig attack the Glalie, while he strikes from behind.

I think this Special Episode, along with "Igglybuff the Prodigy," were my two favorites.

Illusione-Tempus

xdragonx said:
I think this Special Episode, along with "Igglybuff the Prodigy," were my two favorites.

Yes, I have to agree, those two were really touching (I can still remember when I cried at "Igglybuff the Prodigy"s ending T^T)

Just finished Sky Peak for fun and relaxing, and of course, managed to restock my apples supply there =D

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I got Sky last Friday, and I'm trying to graduate right now. I'm a Totodile, and my partner's a Chimchar.

Is it me, or are rare item missions more common? Cuz I have two Golden Apples, two Secret Slabs, two Mystery Parts, a Lost Loot, 10 Rare Fossils, and a job for five more.

I've also beaten Igglybuff and Sunflora's missions. For Igglybuff, I just Pounded everything in sight and turned off Harden and Mud Sport for Army. As for Sunflora, I taught myself Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb and brought a Violent Seed and some Reviver Seeds. I tried Bidoof's, but I wasted all my Reviver Seeds on the first boss fight, so I couldn't beat the third.

I've seen two Secret Bazaars, and I've already gotten a Wash Bow and an Ember Cap through the awesome new Swap Shop. I've also seen a Via Seed, some Oren Berries, and some Dough Seeds.

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

a person said:
Is it me, or are rare item missions more common? Cuz I have two Golden Apples, two Secret Slabs, two Mystery Parts, a Lost Loot, 10 Rare Fossils, and a job for five more.

And I got 10 Golden Apples from all those Golden Chamber missions... it just kept on appearing, believe me...

Just finished some missions as well as clearing some of my stuff through the recycle stand. Just got Zero Island Center thanks to recycling Prism Tickets 8D

Currently going to transfer all my swap items from Time to Sky :3