• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Dungeon Sky Discussion

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
i did the first 2 special episodes and now i'm stuck on the end of the sunflora episode and the muk and grimer on the mountain (i'm stuck on both the main story and special episodes) :(

Could I be of any help in any way and offer advice? Do you mind sharing your Team for the main story (your Hero and Partner combination + their moves).
What is it in particular that's giving you trouble in the Sunflora episode?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I beat the Muks and Grimers without Reviver Seeds, but Machoke died.

To beat the Sunflora episode, use Vile and Violent Seeds, and teach yourself Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb.

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Just got to Guildmaster Rank, I nearly laughed at the text after I reached there xD

And more good news: I just won an IQ BOOSTER from the Prize tickets! And after 17 Prism tickets spent. Give me a hug everybody :3

er... what text? I'm already at Guildmaster rank, and I don't see any funny text....

Oh, is the IQ Booster from a normal win or a Big Win?

I'm currently trying to do the Special Episodes without any outside items. Finished the Grovyle and Team Charm episode. May start on Bidoof today.

talala

Could I be of any help in any way and offer advice? Do you mind sharing your Team for the main story (your Hero and Partner combination + their moves).
What is it in particular that's giving you trouble in the Sunflora episode?

main is riolu partner is vulpix
riolu has quick attack, bite, force palm, and brick break
vulpix has flame thrower, ember, imprison, and fire spin

and the sunflora episode is just annoying with three haunter at once, i can kill 1 but then the other 2 kill me or loudred

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

Silverninetails said:
er... what text? I'm already at Guildmaster rank, and I don't see any funny text....

Oh, is the IQ Booster from a normal win or a Big Win?

Ya know, I have a... bad habit on laughing at - even that aren't - funny things... *feels ashamed*

Obviously a Big Win (and my 2nd big win after 17 Prism Tickets)

xdragonx

main is riolu partner is vulpix
riolu has quick attack, bite, force palm, and brick break
vulpix has flame thrower, ember, imprison, and fire spin

and the sunflora episode is just annoying with three haunter at once, i can kill 1 but then the other 2 kill me or loudred

Ahh... is it you and your Partner that get KO'd, or is it Shaymin? (Keep in mind that Shaymin is Grass-type and the Grimer/Muk are Poison, so poor Shaymin has a type disadvantage.)
Have you considered Dig on your Riolu, if only momentarily? That will allow you to dodge attacks and do x2 damage to Grimer and Muk. Otherwise, you'll want to attack with moves that give you STAB.
You could level Vulpix up to 44 so that she learns Extrasensory, which is a nice Psychic-type attack (thus deal x2 damage to the Grimer). Imprison is nice because you can stall your enemies that way.
Remember that you can switch your Partner's moves on and off in order to assure she uses the attack you want her to.

Since you can't use Orbs in Boss Battles, Seeds are your next best bet. Here are some suggestions I have:
Reviver Seeds, of course, for unexpected KOs. (They're nice for Shaymin too.) Also, Oran Berries to heal your Team--you'll want to keep a close eye on everyone's health.
Quick Seeds will boost your Speed level (when you eat them) so that you can attack multiple times in one turn, which is always handy. Violent Seeds that will maximize the Attack of the Pokemon who eats it. If you want to score 1KHOs, this is probably the way to go, along with STAB attacks, or those that are super-effective against Grimer. Blinker Seeds/X-Eye Seeds/Sleep Seeds/etc. to stall your opponents. There are a lot of Grimer, so being able to shut some of them down while you take out the rest is handy. Of course, Vulpix already has Imprison, but it can only be used when she is adjacent to the enemy--Seeds can be thrown in a straight line, thus you don't have to risk taking an attack.
When I fought this battle, I blocked Shaymin off from the Grimer so that there was no chance it'd be hurt. Shaymin doesn't have that much HP. And Breloom, Machoke, and Mawhile help you in this fight, right? Be sure to use their aid to your advantage.

If you also are willing to retreat from the mountain and head back to Treasure Town, you can recruit a Pokemon that learns a move that affects the whole room (ex: Discharge, Heat Wave, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, etc.) Being able to attack every single Grimer/Muk in one turn is very, very nice. It will also help you with future Monster Houses.

As for the Sunflora episode, you have the move Bullet Seed, right? The Haunter line for you, so you should throw Sleep Seeds (or Grasswhistle) to keep them still, then come up to either the right or left side of the line. Then Bullet Seed them all to death. Loudred has Astonish, which is nice, because it's super-effective against them. My main strategy was just to keep them all asleep with Grasswhistle while Loudred hammered away at their HP. Then I used Bullet Seed and finished them off.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
For the Grimer/Muks, remember that when Team Frontier dies, they use no Reviver Seeds, and won't cause you to fail. I was able to beat them with Machoke dead, so don't be too concerned about protecting them. Also, try to adjust your team so that everyone can fight someone. Totter Seeds rock during this fight.

Word for the wise: Go back to Amp Plains to recruit a Pikachu. They're Lv. 36, so they already know Discharge, which is reason enough to use one. Speaking of Levels, you shouldn't attempt Sky Peak until at least the same Level as the Pokemon roaming the dungeon itself (43).

Aegis Cave sux.

Last edited:

talala

Ahh... is it you and your Partner that get KO'd, or is it Shaymin? (Keep in mind that Shaymin is Grass-type and the Grimer/Muk are Poison, so poor Shaymin has a type disadvantage.)
Have you considered Dig on your Riolu, if only momentarily? That will allow you to dodge attacks and do x2 damage to Grimer and Muk. Otherwise, you'll want to attack with moves that give you STAB.
You could level Vulpix up to 44 so that she learns Extrasensory, which is a nice Psychic-type attack (thus deal x2 damage to the Grimer). Imprison is nice because you can stall your enemies that way.
Remember that you can switch your Partner's moves on and off in order to assure she uses the attack you want her to.

Since you can't use Orbs in Boss Battles, Seeds are your next best bet. Here are some suggestions I have:
Reviver Seeds, of course, for unexpected KOs. (They're nice for Shaymin too.) Also, Oran Berries to heal your Team--you'll want to keep a close eye on everyone's health.
Quick Seeds will boost your Speed level (when you eat them) so that you can attack multiple times in one turn, which is always handy. Violent Seeds that will maximize the Attack of the Pokemon who eats it. If you want to score 1KHOs, this is probably the way to go, along with STAB attacks, or those that are super-effective against Grimer. Blinker Seeds/X-Eye Seeds/Sleep Seeds/etc. to stall your opponents. There are a lot of Grimer, so being able to shut some of them down while you take out the rest is handy. Of course, Vulpix already has Imprison, but it can only be used when she is adjacent to the enemy--Seeds can be thrown in a straight line, thus you don't have to risk taking an attack.
When I fought this battle, I blocked Shaymin off from the Grimer so that there was no chance it'd be hurt. Shaymin doesn't have that much HP. And Breloom, Machoke, and Mawhile help you in this fight, right? Be sure to use their aid to your advantage.

If you also are willing to retreat from the mountain and head back to Treasure Town, you can recruit a Pokemon that learns a move that affects the whole room (ex: Discharge, Heat Wave, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, etc.) Being able to attack every single Grimer/Muk in one turn is very, very nice. It will also help you with future Monster Houses.

As for the Sunflora episode, you have the move Bullet Seed, right? The Haunter line for you, so you should throw Sleep Seeds (or Grasswhistle) to keep them still, then come up to either the right or left side of the line. Then Bullet Seed them all to death. Loudred has Astonish, which is nice, because it's super-effective against them. My main strategy was just to keep them all asleep with Grasswhistle while Loudred hammered away at their HP. Then I used Bullet Seed and finished them off.

how far does drifblim take me up the mountain if i leave? :O

also the main problem with the sunflora episode is that i start behind loudred so i cant do anything the first turn and the freaking counter status from that one move that keeps making loudred kill himself (and not being able to set loudreds moves so he can't use howl the entire time...)

xdragonx

how far does drifblim take me up the mountain if i leave? :O

also the main problem with the sunflora episode is that i start behind loudred so i cant do anything the first turn and the freaking counter status from that one move that keeps making loudred kill himself (and not being able to set loudreds moves so he can't use howl the entire time...)

Driftblim will take you up to the 6th pass. As a person said, recruiting a Pikachu with Discharge might be a good idea.

Is there any way that you can withdraw a Quick Seed from storage in that Episode, then? Eat it your first turn, and you're Speed will be boosted, allowing you to perform more than one action each turn.
Aww. I guess I got lucky? In my game, Loudred used Astonish continually.
Try to Grasswhistle the Haunter and heal Loudred when the Counter hits him back for damage. If you eat a Quick Seed, you should be able to do a little bit of damage to the Haunter yourself each turn as well if you heal, then attack.

talala

Driftblim will take you up to the 6th pass. As a person said, recruiting a Pikachu with Discharge might be a good idea.

Is there any way that you can withdraw a Quick Seed from storage in that Episode, then? Eat it your first turn, and you're Speed will be boosted, allowing you to perform more than one action each turn.
Aww. I guess I got lucky? In my game, Loudred used Astonish continually.
Try to Grasswhistle the Haunter and heal Loudred when the Counter hits him back for damage. If you eat a Quick Seed, you should be able to do a little bit of damage to the Haunter yourself each turn as well if you heal, then attack.

i'd heal him if he didn't 1hit KO himself every time with astonish when he finally uses it after howl

EDIT - beat the three haunter, got lucky enough to come across 3 reviver seeds walking to spring cave pit from the last save point :)

Last edited:

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Ack! I'm running everywhere to get blue gummis...

Hmm. You can check the "useful wondermail s" thread. I believe there are some missions that give Blue Gummis.

I was in this situation too when i first started playing Time. So when playing Sky, I saved up two Blue Gummis even before the aftergame. Saved me a LOT of hassle.

talala

Hmm. You can check the "useful wondermail s" thread. I believe there are some missions that give Blue Gummis.

I was in this situation too when i first started playing Time. So when playing Sky, I saved up two Blue Gummis even before the aftergame. Saved me a LOT of hassle.

lol i got my 2 blue gummis ready, had them since drenched bluff

anyways i beat the grimer and muk, just went to the bottom of the mountain and redid the second half and got to level 40 in the process, now i'm at lower crevice cave ready to kill froslass with vulpix :D

Illusione-Tempus

lol I instead actually found one at Craggy Coast, then - by luck - got one through the grab bags at the secret bazaar in Craggy Coast ^^;

talala

lol I instead actually found one at Craggy Coast, then - by luck - got one through the grab bags at the secret bazaar in Craggy Coast ^^;

i found about 3 at craggy coast and got one in my first and only so far grab bag at the bazaar, i just had my 2 already from the bluff xD

Illusione-Tempus

talala said:
i found about 3 at craggy coast and got one in my first and only so far grab bag at the bazaar, i just had my 2 already from the bluff xD

If I found three I would eat them all... *points to starter*

cerise

I started out as an Eevee and picked Pikachu as my partner. We're known as Team Rhythm. (My name was Melody and Pikachu's was Harmony.) I also liked the fact that if you said you played Explorers or Time or Darkness in the past, recruiting members would be much easier than before.

talala

got my secret rank just when its christmas all across the united states, merry christmas everyone xD

GreatJenny

Far Away...
Merry Christmas!

I thought after Master Rank was Guildmaster Rank...:(I am Master * Rank now.When I get Master ** Rank I will explore the Surrounded Sea to get the Manaphy Egg.XD

talala

i've been lazy with my rank, while doing all the missions in the useful wonder mail S thread i went from silver rank to diamond XD