• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery Menace! (104)

Daizy

I call you honey
The sewer adventure was fun even if it was a sad story all about the abandoned Bulbasaur. I felt bad when we saw how lonely he had been in the sewer system.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just realized that had the Rocket-dan's plan at the beginning not backfired, Satoshi and the others might not have fallen into the sewers. For once the Rocket-dan's failures helped give us the start of a subplot.

This episode sure had a Kanto vibe to it by which I mean that it could've easily happened in a big Kanto city like Celadon without feeling any different. I liked how the sewers were given a creepy vibe and when the mystery Pokemon ended up being a cute little Bulbasaur, I was kind of amazed since I was expecting a brand new Pokemon. I liked how the greedy mayor got his comeuppance at the end and the Team Rocket horror faces were the best. This was such a fun little detour episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
This episode sure had a Kanto vibe to it by which I mean that it could've easily happened in a big Kanto city like Celadon without feeling any different.

I never thought of that before, but it did seem quite odd how the city in this episode resembled a huge metropolis that would've seemed more fitting in a large region like Kanto instead of the tiny Orange Archipelago. But I appreciate the change of scenery since we had seen so many generic tropical islands so far in this arc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
The mayor trying to kill his Bulbasaur by sending it into the sewer was probably one of the most heartless things we had seen up to this point in the series.

I don't think he was intending to kill his Fushigidane, he just wanted to get rid of it since he thought it was too weak. Sure, it probably would've died anyway if it hadn't adapted to life in the sewer, but the mayor wasn't trying to commit murder.

The mystery of this episode seemed too easy to solve at least for me. I figured that the Pokemon wasn't new or mutated and that it was a Bulbasaur or a member of that line since the Vine Whip looked so familiar when Ash saw it in the sewers. Speaking of that I liked how Ash's Muk came back even though he only served a purpose for a minute onscreen. My favorite scene was when the mayor was exposed for Pokemon neglect in front of everyone. 6/10

The mayor is a piece of trash for abandoning his Bulbasaur.