1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jul 19, 2012.

1. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Even though I love Cilan's (insert career here) connoisseur bit, it was funny to see him actually do all the wrong things detective-wise in this episode. It reminded me of "An EGG-Sighting Adventure" and "Luxray Vision" with the bumbling detectives, though Cilan gave it his best try. Dawn's comparisons of him to Brock were funny too.

8/10

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

This was a great episode. I loved how they thought the Beartic was Cubchoo. I feel like Cilan is a connoisseur at everything

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

This seemed like such an average filler to be honest. I thought the mystery surrounding the missing Cubchoo would be worth watching, but halfway through the episode the whole thing kind of felt boring; I knew the moment that the Beartic was found that it wasn't really Cubchoo who had evolved, although I suppose it might've caught people off-guard until the actual Cubchoo showed up. Anyway, seeing Oshawott and Piplup fighting amongst each other was cute at times and annoying at others. My favorite part of the episode was seeing Team Rocket getting ready for their mission.

4. NPT

NPT Just a member

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!

This was a good episode. It was good to seeing Detective Cilan again, But Iris and Dawn were annoying in this episode. I didn't like how Dawn compared Brock's filrting habit with Cilan's Conessure habits, and her comment about boys was just...... Meh!
    I liked it when Cilan pushed Dawn out of his way, she deserved it for being annoying. It's nice to see a Larvitar again, I liked how it battled with Ash's Scraggy.

This episode proved that Cilan is not 'perfect' in everything. Like the others, sometimes he could make mistakes too.

5. Benny™

Benny™ Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon

My favorite scene was Lucia/Dawn/Hikari saying she'd never hire him, and then:

"You're the best at pains!" (forgot the exact phrase) - which was the comment that made him sad.

6. Eh, not a super interesting episode, since I can't think of anything that I absolutely loved/didn't like about it.

7. I loved Dawn's interactions with Iris and Cilan in this episode. I found the part where Cilan pushes Dawn out of the way hilarious, I remember Brock doing something like that once also.
    8/10

8. Champion Elik

Champion Elik Member

Got to see cilan suck at being a detective.

Daizy likes this.
  9. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Cilan was hilarious as usual here. It's kind of nice to see Cubchoo have Larvitar as a friendly rival that Chris never knew about. Dawn referring to Brock again was nice as well.

10. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked seeing Cilan acting as a detective again and his idea of how Cubchoo might've evolved seemed reasonable until we saw Cubchoo with Larvitar. ^^; I liked seeing Ash's Scraggy battling against the Larvitar.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Unless I'm mistaken, this was the first time since Jouto that we saw a Yogiras have a big role in an episode. Kumasyun was adorable as usual, but once again, I thought that it was a tease that no one in the cast was able to catch Kumasyun. Dent vowing to solve the mystery was humorous and made me smile.

12. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

This episode disappointed me when I saw this, because I was expecting a fun-filled Cilan episode for some great laughs before what's yet to come, but instead, we just get an average episode about a boy who lost his Pokemon.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I was glad when Hikari mentioned Takeshi in this episode, which in itself was an ironic thing for her given that she didn't interact with him much in Shinou. I also wish that Chaoboo versus Manmoo had received a proper conclusion.

14. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Other than the training battle and Piplup scenes, Dawn had no relevance in this episode at all. The episode had entertaining scenes such as Cilan getting everything wrong, cute moments with the Pokemon and that fantastic moment of Iris yelling right at Cilan.