• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Dawn's taking Brock's referee job instead of Cilan? WHAT?

Thats because Cilan was feeling low because his initial theories as a detective didn't work. So she took over.

I kind of felt that Scraggy got leveled down in this episode for some reason. I mean it did pretty well against Simisage and Simipour in the Donamite but got easily tired against a Larvitar.

Janovy

Banned
Better than the first Detective episode, but still incredibly boring.

Good parts;

- Mamoswine VS Pignite
- Scraggy VS Larvitar
- Iris and Dawn scenes on Cilan's behavior
- Brock & Cilan comparison

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
OMG OM GOM GO LMMG

I-dagfoiaejiltrjgioaegarehtfraeghoraehughouarehgorhegoarhguhruhgraehgrugfuraehgragae htguoreagre aghrauofh reg fed fhugraehga

DENTO

dfgdakghoijhrsghaefuraeiuhgatregrea

IIS TOTALLT TAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAKIIII!!!!!!!! HE GOT EVERYThING WRONG. AND SULKED AT THE END. THEN IRIS TALKED TO HIM THEn TWO SECONDS HE WAS ALL HAAAAIIIIIIII fhjdgjagharhghurahghofhgurhagtrhgargrrhae g HE GREW MUSHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
fkdpijgkrfkhra
a
g
raejgrkagiahfeghourag
gjraeighrseogheshgutrsg

gahrghourehgrheghraehgrfcuhghraegfagfgae
g

grheghraehahegeg
aregkseghaeg

fkdagiohiosfdhgaezh

and got everything wrong. XD

Other than that we'll need a translation of what happened. XD

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dawn's taking Brock's referee job instead of Cilan? WHAT?

Hey, Dento did little of note in this episode, in fact, when Ash and the Larvitar were fighting, Dento was doing something in the BUSHES!

ash is gonna catch it!!!

You mean when they suggested throwing a pokeball? Ash wanted to throw a pokeball himself instead of Chris? Or afterwards before the Beartic walked away?

overall good episode 7/10 the worst episode of the newest saga but still better the majority of the best wishes episodes

I personally found that the second episode, the one redebuting Dawn was the worst. I did not really enjoy this, but it had its moments.

The Onix episode is still the best, because it made for quite some unexpected moments.

I really liked Pignite vs. Mamoswine. It kinda proved that Pignite is ready for the league if it can hold its own against Mamoswine. Sure, Mamoswine is a 'contest'-pokemon, but its still a beast in its own right. It also made me realize though, that Pignite is one of the strongest members of Ash' team, and his rivals all have fully evolved starters.. -.-

Meaning that, outside of general plotpower moment, most of his team is quite 'underleveled'. I mean Scraggy had troube again using fricking Focus Blast, and almost lost to a wild Larvitar because of this... -.-

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Hey, Dento did little of note in this episode, in fact, when Ash and the Larvitar were fighting, Dento was doing something in the BUSHES!

He was growing mushrooms. :< He was going to give them puppy dog eyes, but they weren't looking in his general direction.

This episode wasn't as eventful as I was hoping, but there were still parts that made me giggle.

I was a bit mad they could go 2 feet in front of Beartic and it just...SIT thre. I was begging it to chase them or something. ^^;

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
So Dent's deduction skills were all wrong? Haha, that's brilliant. He sulks and then.... Immediately recovers. That boy has amazing composure.

The Dent 'torture' is especially entertaining all due to the fact that Dent is normally an optimistic and positive person. And some people call him 'flawless' and 'perfect'. Dent has made mistakes many times before - one not played for laughs - and is seemingly the butt monkey of the group.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

You mean when they suggested throwing a pokeball? Ash wanted to throw a pokeball himself instead of Chris? Or afterwards before the Beartic walked away?

I personally found that the second episode, the one redebuting Dawn was the worst. I did not really enjoy this, but it had its moments.

The Onix episode is still the best, because it made for quite some unexpected moments.

I really liked Pignite vs. Mamoswine. It kinda proved that Pignite is ready for the league if it can hold its own against Mamoswine. Sure, Mamoswine is a 'contest'-pokemon, but its still a beast in its own right. It also made me realize though, that Pignite is one of the strongest members of Ash' team, and his rivals all have fully evolved starters.. -.-

Meaning that, outside of general plotpower moment, most of his team is quite 'underleveled'. I mean Scraggy had troube again using fricking Focus Blast, and almost lost to a wild Larvitar because of this... -.-

well you have a point, but for me the second episode won me back during that beautiful ending scene, it was amazing :) this was a very good episode but it's one of those episodes that the dub will do it justice since it's all talking and little action, those episodes are when the dub shines while the raw is far more entertaining during battle centric episodes.

Animefan145

Well, that episode was... sort of enteretaining. Funny to see Cilan playing detective... and failing miserably at it. I was expecting the boy character of the week to hug the evolved bear, for it to get angry, then they'd have to fend it off (at least it didn't fire off any hyper beams). Glad Dawn suggested trying to return it to its Poke ball first.

Still not much else. The "Cilan act crazy and Iris and Dawn comment on his craziness" gag can only be used so many times, same with the ongoing Piplup and Oshawott rivalry. At least we had that battle in the beginning. Probably the slowest episode this season, at least it was somewhat funny.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
This doesn't look like an amazing episode, but if definitely seems a lot better than the the Tabunne episode as it has entertaining moments:

Detective Dent doing more, Hikari's reaction to Dent's antics, Dent getting everything wrong and sulking, cute moments with all the Pokémon.

A nice episode to get Dent something to do before the Iris action starts and a good way to see some cuteness and fun before the seriousness.

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Oh yes, forgot to say the other thing I found enjoyable about this episode is Hikari once again compared Dent with Takeshi. This time regarding the fact they both have their own, crazy, antics. Damn writers, stop this torture. Give us a Takeshi appearance and have it result in a really entertaining interaction with Dent. Hikari's mentioned Takeshi and compared him with Dent twice, but that's enough to satisfy my wants for it. It will be brilliant.

Iris and Hikari partnership is fun and all, but an interaction between Dent and Takeshi will blow it out the water. We will not know how to handle it.

Last edited:

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
Oh yes, forgot to say the other thing I found enjoyable about this episode is Hikari once again compared Dent with Takeshi. This time regarding the fact they both have their own, crazy, antics. Damn writers, stop this torture. Give us a Takeshi appearance and have it result in a really entertaining interaction with Dent. Hikari's mentioned Takeshi and compared him with Dent twice, but that's enough to satisfy my wants for it. It will be brilliant.

like everyone elce said the wrighters need too give us a cookoff battle between takeshi that would make us happy. :)
ps. i would love a scene where takeshi and dent both flirt on officer jenny/nurse joy that would be funny as hell lol

Last edited:

Gentleman Skeleton

So what was that move Larvitar used where the ground under it changed color? Bulldoze?

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
I watched the episodes pictures and I saw Focus Blast hitting Larvitar. Did Scraggy master Focus Blast?

Haunter ゴースト

I see on the Filb images that Dawn referenced Brock again, why was this? I'm assuming it's because she was relating his love for girls habit with Cilan's Tasting Time habit.

gohan5

Irisboy
So what was that move Larvitar used where the ground under it changed color? Bulldoze?

It was Sandstorm.

I see on the Filb images that Dawn referenced Brock again, why was this? I'm assuming it's because she was relating his love for girls habit with Cilan's Tasting Time habit.

Yes more than likely that was the reason, seeing as she brought it up right after that. A similarity that many of us have alluded to many times.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Iris and Hikari partnership is fun and all, but an interaction between Dent and Takeshi will blow it out the water. We will not know how to handle it.

Is it bad I'm guessing Dento and Takeshi would probably dislike each other at first? Most of us thought Dawn and Iris would get off to a rocky start. XDD I didn't really like Dento being compared to Brock (I had too much of it on the forums) xD; but that's my opinion. :)

I still can't get over Dento sulking. People compare him to Takeshi all you want. I'm comparing him to Tamaki. xDDDDDD It was like the most legit scene.

ps. i would love a scene where takeshi and dent both flirt on officer jenny/nurse joy that would be funny as hell lol

Dento's not a flirt ._. I'd rather Brock flirt with Junsa and Junsa flirt with Dento. xDDD And besides with Dento's hosting abilities he'd probably make the ladies fall for him. :p

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Dento's not a flirt ._. I'd rather Brock flirt with Junsa and Junsa flirt with Dento. xDDD And besides with Dento's hosting abilities he'd probably make the ladies fall for him. :p

Eh you never know, he could be a closet perv or something. He did blush and start stammering after meeting Cynthia :p Personally I doubt he's any good with women.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Eh you never know, he could be a closet perv or something. He did blush and start stammering after meeting Cynthia :p Personally I doubt he's any good with women.

Eh he could be. I always kind of figured him to be (but he's just too polite. :3). Oh, I bet he's good. He probably runs a Host Club in his Gym too. It's HOSTING TIME! xD "Dento..why is your voice so mellow?"

You know..I kind of miss girls fangirling over him when he went into Tasting Time. o_O; I feel like the only one these days. (I'll stay by ya buddy T_T)