• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

Chomper4

SeeingnBeartic get akl fat, I think Ash's Krokorok will be overeating in an episode,

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Ok this episode just went up from about 30/100 to 100/100 because I got my OURAN REFERENCE...or well strikingly SIMILAR MOMENT!!! (enough to satisfy me *easily satisfied*) T_T Best episode in Pokemon History. Man whenever I watch Pokemon now I go "Why do you remind me so much of Tamaki...when I re-watched Ouran I went "why do you remind me so much of Dento?"h fajghjrhfghaehag

I'M SO HAPPY I FEEL LIKE TAKING HGH'S SIG AND PUTTING I FINALLY GOT DAT OURAN MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I don't see how this episode compares with the Tabunne episode. That one had nothing that stood out, also Dent's deductions were right.

This one has scenes I found entertaining, Dent getting everything wrong, cute moments with the Pokémon and, of course, this great gem:

Iris: DENT, YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN!"
Dent (sulking): "A pain... a pain..."

Way more enjoyable than her simply groaning. Also, to tell you the truth, I'm not so fond of anybody who groans about things all the time.

And before anyone accuses me, I like Iris and it's got nothing to do with it with Dent being groaned at, I just don't like over-done groaning.

I am Lu

This one has scenes I found entertaining, Dent getting everything wrong, cute moments with the Pokémon and, of course, this great gem:

Iris: DENT, YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN!"
Dent (sulking): "A pain... a pain..."

That was seriously my favorite part of the episode. It seems like Iris's frustration with Dento's antics finally exploded, which resulted in his sulking. It was nice though how she was also the person to pull him out of his depressed state, haha.

Overall, I really liked this episode, despite the fact that it was a filler. Way better than the first Detective episode, and it definitely had its funny moments.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
That was seriously my favorite part of the episode. It seems like Iris's frustration with Dento's antics finally exploded, which resulted in his sulking. It was nice though how she was also the person to pull him out of his depressed state, haha.
Also Iris yells to Dent that he's "such a pain" twice, but it was the second time that she yelled it right at him (right behind him to be more precise).

I think it was due to Dent claiming he knew about something, which he didn't. Guess he was trying to hide the fact he kept on getting things wrong.

I cannot get over that scene. Iris caused poor Dent to sulk and then caused him to quickly recover, this is what it should always be like from now on.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I find it so weird that Dawn of all people keeps referencing Brock. It's not like they were friends or anything.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I find it so weird that Dawn of all people keeps referencing Brock. It's not like they were friends or anything.

Well you should wonder why Ash never brings up his past friends or adventures. I don't think Iris/Cilan even know how many leagues Ash has been in.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
You know, seeing an episode like this, I have to ask; Why do people claim that Cilan is flawless and perfect? It's been shown before that he isn't.

Cilan's basically treated as the butt monkey of the group. He has all these talents, yet not everything goes smoothly for him. He is prone to flaws.

Now a perfect and flawless character would have everything going great for them, will be right about everything, will never make mistakes, etc, etc.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
You know, seeing an episode like this, I have to ask; Why do people claim that Cilan is flawless and perfect? It's been shown before that he isn't.

Cilan's basically treated as the butt monkey of the group. He has all these talents, yet not everything goes smoothly for him. He is prone to flaws.

Now a perfect and flawless character would have everything going great for them, will be right about everything, will never make mistakes, etc, etc.

Believe me i don't think anyone thinks he's perfect, but i do believe cilan himself thinks he's perfect which is why he went straight into denial after being proven wrong :)

STICKTOPIA

should I assume scraggy finally learned how to control focus blast?

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
*Drags Dento into a dark ally and beats his face in for knocking Hikari down* Okay now that that's out of my system I bid you all farewell.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't think Iris/Cilan even know how many leagues Ash has been in.

Who knows, i'd like to see a reference to his past adventures. I think a lot of things happen offscreen after BW2-02.

When Iris suddenly mentions "So Dawn is the person you travelled with in Sinnoh Ash?" even though nobody told her and Dawn had only been in the room momentarily.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I love we finally got to see what happens when Iris says what she thinks of Dent's antics right at him. I realize Dent's a very emotional person.

Iris saying even when friends can often be a pain, it just adds to the fun of travelling together (to which Dent recovers from sulking) was sweet.

I always had it in my mind that should the unbelievable happen and Dent actually gets fully shut down - his optimism shattered so he's unable to recover normally - Iris would be upset to not see Dent be himself. And that above this here seems to basically show this theory I had could be so.

Because while their might be something a person finds annoying about their friend, when they're used to it it's what they also enjoy about them.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
I love we finally got to see what happens when Iris says what she thinks of Dent's antics right at him. I realize Dent's a very emotional person.

Iris saying even when friends can often be a pain, it just adds to the fun of travelling together (to which Dent recovers from sulking) was sweet.

I always had it in my mind that should the unbelievable happen and Dent actually gets fully shut down - his optimism shattered so he's unable to recover normally - Iris would be upset to not see Dent be himself. And that above this here seems to basically show this theory I had could be so.

Because while their might be something a person finds annoying about their friend, when they're used to it it's what they also enjoy about them.

Well I think that would be for anyone, nobody likes when their friend is feeling bad. Like when Ash was concerned about Cilan's phobia since he saw it bothered him.

True on the last part, but I don't think that's the case there XD

They were trying to get the kid to see the power of friendship so he'd be accepting of the Larvitar his Cubchoo befriended. I thought that was kinda nice, not that I expected him to really be angry at the Larvitar anyway.