• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Well I think that would be for anyone, nobody likes when their friend is feeling bad. Like when Ash was concerned about Cilan's phobia since he saw it bothered him.
Yes I know that. And Ash being concerned over Cilan's Purrloin phobia is one of the things I really noticed as I love the cute chemistry they have. My post was to show people who believe Iris isn't a good friend that she is. Even when calling Ash "a kid" or Cilan "a pain" she still cares for them both.

gohan5

Irisboy
Yes I know that. And Ash being concerned over Cilan's Purrloin phobia is one of the things I really noticed as I love the cute chemistry they have. My post there was to show people who believe Iris isn't a good friend that she is. Even when calling Ash "a kid" or Cilan "a pain" she still cares for them.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'll never understand that logic when we've seen how much she cares about them. Although I will say I don't think that many people questioned whether or not she was a good friend to Cilan, it's more about Ash for some reason.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Yeah I know what you mean, I'll never understand that logic when we've seen how much she cares about them. Although I will say I don't think that many people questioned whether or not she was a good friend to Cilan, it's more about Ash for some reason.
I guess people react more with Ash due to Iris being a hypocrite when calling him a kid as she later shows she isn't any less of a kid.

Not like being a hypocrite is bad, it is that fact which shows her "such a kid" line is basically supposed to be fun teasing towards Ash.

Also I guess the reason why not many folks question Iris's friendship with Cilan is because Iris's reactions towards Cilan's antics (except this episode) have been of her groaning about Cilan being "a pain" at the back which is why not many people care because it is not in their faces.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I love we finally got to see what happens when Iris says what she thinks of Dent's antics right at him. I realize Dent's a very emotional person.

I loved that. Like I mean for one thing it was darn cute. For another thing Dento acted just like a puppy dog. First scolded he went and sulked. Then when Iris said how they were friends and called his name he was all HAPPY~ again. If he had a tail he'd be wagging it. xD I can't help it. He reminds me of a human version of my dog. XDDDD

Though I have noticed Dento does seem to sulk a lot in this show. First when his spoon was taken he cried over, then when his cooking was messed up, and when he lost to Skyla.

I personally would love to see Dento get shut down...I could actually imagine that too as I have in the past.

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I saw some of the scenes with subtitles and this part just made me laugh-

Hikari: "Hey, Iris. Does Dent change his personality often?"
Iris: "Yes. If he wasn't like that, I think he wouldn't be as good in the kitchen."

I loved that. Like I mean for one thing it was darn cute. For another thing Dento acted just like a puppy dog. First scolded he went and sulked. Then when Iris said how they were friends and called his name he was all HAPPY~ again.
Ha, I often compare Dent to a friendly puppy/dog in my head. He's similar to one. It's of the reasons why I'd love Dent to catch a dog Pokémon.

I personally would love to see Dento get shut down...I could actually imagine that too as I have in the past.
Same here. Such as when the episode were Dent reveals his Choroneko phobia comes, I hope it's a seriously problem that effects him emotionally.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Iris: "Yes. If he wasn't like that, I think he wouldn't be as good in the kitchen."

But that doesn't make sense... What's the relationship between personality and kitchen's skills?

I am Lu

I'm just going to exchange "kitchen" for "bedroom" in my head, nbd.

This scene didn't make much sense to me either (which makes me wonder if it's a slight mistranslation), but it's nevertheless funny so I'm just going to go with it. Maybe Iris is trying to excuse his behavior because, although she's made it clear that it can be irritating, she also finds it endearing?

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I loved the part where Hikari had the idea of Chris returning Tsunbear to a Pokéball to see if it was his Kumashun or not and then Dent states he was just about to propose that idea which caused Iris to scream about Dent being "a pain". Dent was such a lovebale idiot in this episode with his constant failing deduction skills, his lack of denial when he got things wrong and trying to claim a good idea so basically trying not to come off as a failed detective. Also from this I guess we could say Dent's Sommelier Detective title might be something he tagged on himself and not a legit title.

Although I never wondered about it. Dent is like a kid playing detective. It makes me wonder, if he is playing now, what was Dent's childhood like?

Last edited:

I am Lu

I loved the part where Hikari had the idea of Chris returning Tsunbear to a Pokéball to see if it was his Kumashun or not and then Dent states he was just about to propose that idea which caused Iris to scream about Dent being "a pain". Dent was such a lovebale idiot in this episode with his constant failing deduction skills, his lack of denial when he got things wrong and trying to claim a good idea so he basically wouldn't look like a failed detective. Also from this I guess we could say Dent's Sommelier Detective title may be something he tagged on himself, not a legit title.

Though I never wondered about it. Dent is like a kid playing detective. It makes me wonder, if he's playing now, just what was Dent's childhood like?

I feel like half of Dent's titles are self-given. Perhaps the only legit, recognized title he has is that of a Pokemon Sommelier. I mean, there's no way there's a Fishing Sommelier Association.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Yeah, I feel like most of them are self given too. I guess Dent loves his hobbies so much that he wants to try and show off that he's good at them.

I guess he thinks tagging on Sommelier to his talents makes him look like he's great at it, which is why he tries to deny any mistakes he may make.

I am Lu

Yeah, I feel like most of them are self given too. I guess Dent loves his hobbies so much that he wants to try and show off that he's good at them.

I guess he thinks tagging on Sommelier to his talents makes him look like he's great at it, which is why he tries to deny any mistakes he may make.

There's needs to be an episode about this, haha. Once all this is revealed, though, he'll sink into that totally broken state that you were talking about earlier.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

I laughed. XD

Ha, I often compare Dent to a friendly puppy/dog in my head. He's similar to one. It's of the reasons why I'd love Dent to catch a dog Pokémon.

Yeah that's the same reason for me. xDD "Woof woof" defo help when he sniffed the ground. XD

Same here. Such as when the episode were Dent reveals his Choroneko phobia comes, I hope it's a seriously problem that effects him emotionally.

I assume something happened. That guy doesn't have a bone of hatred accept for that cat. I saw when he saw his friends trapped in quicksand he like growled/bared his teeth at it oh man you know I'm obsessed with animals when I use animal like characterstics to describe people ;-;

Oh and my guess is that he was tricked. xD Like that should be ovious though, but I noticed back in the Meowth arc he was the first one to trust Meowth, as well as ask Ash if he could join them. I think he's a bit trusting by nature, and Purrloin probably did something to scare him. Like it's not just hatred for it, he's scared of it too. Something happened.

I'm just going to exchange "kitchen" for "bedroom" in my head, nbd.

Oh mai....XD

I can't wait to see the words to this episode. :)

I loved the part where Hikari had the idea of Chris returning Tsunbear to a Pokéball to see if it was his Kumashun or not and then Dent states he was just about to propose that idea which caused Iris to scream about Dent being "a pain". Dent was such a lovebale idiot in this episode with his constant failing deduction skills, his lack of denial when he got things wrong and trying to claim a good idea so basically trying not to come off as a failed detective. Also from this I guess we could say Dent's Sommelier Detective title might be something he tagged on himself and not a legit title.

OH! I called that right. XDD I thought that was what he said. That's pretty funny. Oh yeah, I've always thought he tagged the "Sommelier" onto his hobbies. xDDD He IS really good at fishing and he's proud of it~ but detective...I'll say he was grasping. Science too. I'm certain he likes to read a lot and maybe not *fully* understand it. But fishing and subway trains he DOES know. xDD Like he enjoys all those things I'd say equally and possibly as much (if not even more) than being a Pokemon Sommelier.

Although I never wondered about it. Dent is like a kid playing detective. It makes me wonder, if he is playing now, what was Dent's childhood like?

His mother was probably sickly so he stayed inside.....and sung to her while Pod and Corn sheltered themselves in their own little WORLD. ;-; jk

But really though, it's possible that people could have thought he was an awkward child. If he likes playing now, it makes sense he probably didn't play much when he was a kid.

Last edited:

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
This episode was okay.

Pignite VS Mamoswine

dawn and iris has an attitude to cilan's personality

Cilan's feelings got hurt

I'm glad cilan didn't catch larvitar.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Oh I found the funniest part of the episode:

Jeremy: Here's your orange juice *clearly pouring tea*

ROFL ROFL ROFL

AHAHAaHA....the Tsunbear...WAS LONELY. XDDDD I'm loving this. <3 Oh Dento. XDD You are Tamaki's twin aren't you? XD

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Probably just a mistranslation. XD That part made me tilt my head too and go "huh?" What orange juice steams?
Yes, those new subs are prone to mistranslations. They kept on getting the names of some of the attacks wrong for example.

There's needs to be an episode about this, haha. Once all this is revealed, though, he'll sink into that totally broken state that you were talking about earlier.
I'd love to see that too. I want to say Cilan's flaws are one of the reasons why I love his character. The fact that he tries to look like he is great at something and his reaction when he gets shut down regarding something he's good at. The 'torture' the poor guy gets is why I find him so loveable.

I know there have been people who've make the misinterpretation of claiming Cilan as being flawless, but it's been obvious to us countless of times that he isn't. Yes, Cilan thinks he's the best at all of his hobbies and his talents, but we know he isn't great at all of them and is prone to mistakes. There are skills which Cilan is great at, but others that he fails at and the fact he tries to look good is what makes Cilan's failing entertaining to me.

But really though, it's possible that people could have thought he was an awkward child. If he likes playing now, it makes sense he probably didn't play much when he was a kid.
I believe that nobody can be born with that much optimism. It's the kind of personality that a person builds up or a person gains to hide something.

I am Lu

Yeah SkyDubs is horrible, compared to the other one. These people barely try.

It's most certainly not that they're not trying; the team stayed up until 3 a.m. working to get the episode subbed. They admit that they make mistakes. I view Skydubs as more of an opportunity to get a general gist of what they're saying in the episode early on. We're pretty damn lucky we get subs the day after the episode airs, instead of having to wait for another week or two.

Last edited: