• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Now that's not nice. It's most certainly not that they're not trying; the team stayed up until 3 a.m. working to get the episode subbed.

They admit that they make mistakes. I view Skydubs as more of an opportunity to get a general gist of what they're saying in the episode early on. We're pretty damn lucky we get subs the day after the episode airs.

Meh true, but still in the previous episode they went off with what a sub did in a different language, instead of using common sense. They said Oshawott used Hydro Cannon and Piplup used Tackle, which was false.

Although i agree, it's just to get the gist, but I'd rather they took their time and perfected it than to rush and make sloppy mistakes.

I think we got off-topic.

Anyway, On-Topic:
I do like how Oshawott and Piplup aren't arguing as much anymore. Also, I kinda still dislike the Iris and Dawn being pretty hypocritical. Iris has her pain moments with "kodomo ne" while she had Axew use scratch on Golett, and Dawn saying boys are tiring, when she cried so many times even for the dumbest things like Plusle & Minun?

gliscor&yanmega

Probably just a mistranslation. XD That part made me tilt my head too and go "huh?" What orange juice steams?

If it is a mistranslation then I can understand, Jeremy certainly sounded like he said "Orange Juice", and it does look a little Orange. Maybe Jeremy is just trolling, the guy is pretty sketchy, he did send the gang on the island of Onix, he clearly wants them dead. The drinks are probably poisoned or something.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If it is a mistranslation then I can understand, Jeremy certainly sounded like he said "Orange Juice", and it does look a little Orange. Maybe Jeremy is just trolling, the guy is pretty sketchy, he did send the gang on the island of Onix, he clearly wants them dead. The drinks are probably poisoned or something.

lol Probably. If it wasn't for them being there, he would be "chillaxing" at the beach while Cynthia's away or dance in his underwear, socks, and shirt while playing Old Time Rock N' Roll on the stereo.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I watched the scene were Jeremy pours the drink - I didn't see that part before - and yes, he does say "orange juice" (in English) while pouring it.

gliscor&yanmega

lol Probably. If it wasn't for them being there, he would be "chillaxing" at the beach while Cynthia's away or dance in his underwear, socks, and shirt while playing Old Time Rock N' Roll on the stereo.

You can never trust butlers.

I watched the scene were Jeremy pours the drink - I didn't see that part before - and yes, he does say "orange juice" (in English) while pouring it.

So he is a troll. :O It's a good thing Chris came along before they drank whatever Jeremy put in it...but what if Chris is in on this too *Dun dun dun*.

...I suppose it might have been a script error, there was steam coming out of the drinks, and I don't believe Orange juice steams, nor do I think it's common to drink it out of tea cups. Of course this is very unlikely and Jeremy is most likely a troll :3

As for the episode, I enjoyed it more so then seeing the pictures. Cilan did fail at his detective time a few times, but he still showed his knowledge in detective work, plus detectives get things wrong all the time. This episode just made me think of Cilan more as Tintin...seriously, Cilan needs a Snowy Lillipup. It's interesting how Cilan seemed to have Iris and Dawn's words get to him at the end, usually he seems to ignore such comments and plays them off as complements, guess Cilan cracked here :p.

I enjoyed the story as well, I was actually quite drawn into the mystery(Even though I already knew what happened before watching), and I thought it was a nice ending.

My only problem was...the snot. Bad enough Cubchoo has that snot, but Beartic too now, I still have nightmares from when the first Cubchoo was just waving the thing around, thankfully that didn't really happen here, but it certainly brings up the bad memories D: I'm of course exaggerating, but the snot from the first Cubchoo really put me off though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just watched the episode subbed and it was pretty entertaining and enjoyable for me. Cilan's detective time and Dawn's reactions to them were priceless XD
I give this episode an 8/10!!

Blessed

An alright episode, wasn't too impressed by it. It's kinda funny how Dawn keeps mentioning Brock when they had bland interactions in DP and can we plz get other references besides Brock? Oh and the little ice bear was so cute I'm glad it didn't actually evolve in the end. Chris would have been too intimidated by it. it's like, he just wasn't ready for his little ice bear to evolve.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
I think most of us thought Cilan never cared when Iris called him "a pain" regarding his antics, until we realized all those times Iris has said it she was basically talking to herself. It was directed to Cilan but not at Cilan, this episode's the first time Iris has directed that comment right at Cilan. Guess having someone else who thinks exactly the same with Cilan's oddness as Iris (Dawn) is what caused her to directly speak out her thoughts.

From this (and a few other times it's happened) I realized Burgundy's the only person who's insults and harsh comments are unable to get to Cilan.

I found Dawn's sarcastic remarks towards Cilan's weirdness funnier than Iris groaning about him being a pain at the back. And from this I loved that Iris yells it at him because that's the first time Iris had a different reaction. Cilan was adorable when he started sulking and also when he recovered.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think most of us thought Cilan never cared when Iris called him "a pain" regarding his antics, until we realized all those times Iris has said it she was basically talking to herself.

That, or he tuned her out in his land of LAAAA~ there were a few times when Iris would enter that shiny sparkly world and Dento never heard her. xD It probably came as a shock that his friendly friend thought he was a pain. It does make me wonder if he heard her say that the last 50 times if he would have sulked each time. =o

And from this I loved that Iris yells it at him because that's the first time Iris had a different reaction.

Though there were a few times where Iris said something else instead of just calling him a pain, like:

Dento: *smashes face against subway window* 8D
Iris: Dento!!! What are you doing?
Dento: I'm looking at the driver's seat!~ he said that so happy. Oh gawd he probably thought she was interested. xD

and in the first Detective Episode:

Junsa: Arata! This is not a game the Tabunne are lost and we need to find them.
Dento: *tips hat* Exactly! u_u
Iris: >.> The same applies for you.

XD

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good episode. I like how it felt Cilan's humor was somewhat toned down which made her jokes more entertainment. Plus, I like how the writers didn't go to the obvious route of stating the Beartic was the lost Cubchoo after evolution.

The bad point to me was the ending. All that promotion of "how pokemon battling is cool and yadda,yadda" felt a bit... meh IMHO. Sure, it's usual for this show, but in today's episode it was a bit... boring (IMHO again)

Still good though.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
That, or he tuned her out in his land of LAAAA~ there were a few times when Iris would enter that shiny sparkly world and Dento never heard her. xD It probably came as a shock that his friendly friend thought he was a pain. It does make me wonder if he heard her say that the last 50 times if he would have sulked each time. =o

Though there were a few times where Iris said something else instead of just calling him a pain, like:

Dento: *smashes face against subway window* 8D
Iris: Dento!!! What are you doing?
Dento: I'm looking at the driver's seat!~ he said that so happy. Oh gawd he probably thought she was interested. xD

and in the first Detective Episode:

Junsa: Arata! This is not a game the Tabunne are lost and we need to find them.
Dento: *tips hat* Exactly! u_u
Iris: >.> The same applies for you.

XD
Well yes. Iris has complained about Dent's weirdness right next to him, but those times she never called him a pain so they weren't that negative.

And that's what my post was talking about, that this seems to be first time Dent has actually heard Iris call him that. And to add to the fact of the realization for Dent that he failed at his sleuthing as a Sommelier Detective - the case solved it self - must have made it more hard hitting for Dent.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Well yes. Iris's made a groaning gesture to his actions right next to Dent, but those times she never called him a pain so they weren't so negative.

And that's what my post was talking about, that this seems to be first time Dent has actually heard Iris call him that. And to add to the fact of the realization for Dent that he failed at his sleuthing as a Sommelier Detective - the case solved it self - must have made it more hard hitting for Dent.

I think it has to do not with the fact that he never heard her before, because I think he has, but rather with this being one of the occasions where he was straight up wrong about everything. His ego was bruised and Iris pretty much added insult to injury, quite literally here.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Yes, I did point out about how Iris's comment must have made the situation of the fact Dent failed at his sleuthing work even more painful for him.

I guess the mystery is whether Dent has heard it all those times or not as he's been too focused on his own thing and Iris was too far back to hear.

Last edited:

AshSkittles

I loved when Hikari gave that not amused face and Cilan pretty much tosses her away XD. I like her and Cilan in this series.

Geodude

should I assume scraggy finally learned how to control focus blast?
No. It just happened to hit this time on the first try. Even a broken clock still has the right time twice a day.

The bad point to me was the ending. All that promotion of "how pokemon battling is cool and yadda,yadda" felt a bit... meh IMHO. Sure, it's usual for this show, but in today's episode it was a bit... boring (IMHO again)

Still good though.
It was part of solving the problem though in this case. It'll be explained a little better in a good sub or by someone who speaks fluent Japanese, but as I understand it, Cubchoo wanted to have fun and make friends, which is why it kept escaping. So the gang was showing Chris and Cubchoo that battling is a way for them to do that together. And as you saw, once Cubchoo saw how battles work, it liked the idea. I think they tried to encourage Chris to travel with Cubchoo and Larvitar but he was hesitant or didn't think he was ready yet or something.

Last edited:

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
So you remember that scene were Jeremy is pouring the main group + Hikari tea and you hear him say the word "orange juice"?

What Jeremy was saying to them is to tell him if they preferred orange juice (instead of tea). So yes, Skydubs did mistranslate.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Omg the humor in this episode....xDDD I just rewatched this...and it was amazing.

Beartic: *throws apple at them to go away*
Dento: No good, it's using its right to remain silent.

SERIOUSLY? Omg Dento...never change. He's such a genius. <333 XD There was another part when Dawn was questioning Dento and Iris was all "We'll just have to let him be" or something. XDDD

If you want to know why Dento is genius level it's because he didn't just solve one mystery, he solved all the other mysteries that he set up not on purpose!~

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Great... Just when they start to give the older Pokemon some screen time its back to advertising the new ones. Money! Money! Money! FTW!