• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo! (749)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Even though I love Cilan's (insert career here) connoisseur bit, it was funny to see him actually do all the wrong things detective-wise in this episode. It reminded me of "An EGG-Sighting Adventure" and "Luxray Vision" with the bumbling detectives, though Cilan gave it his best try. Dawn's comparisons of him to Brock were funny too.

8/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was a great episode. I loved how they thought the Beartic was Cubchoo. I feel like Cilan is a connoisseur at everything

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This seemed like such an average filler to be honest. I thought the mystery surrounding the missing Cubchoo would be worth watching, but halfway through the episode the whole thing kind of felt boring; I knew the moment that the Beartic was found that it wasn't really Cubchoo who had evolved, although I suppose it might've caught people off-guard until the actual Cubchoo showed up. Anyway, seeing Oshawott and Piplup fighting amongst each other was cute at times and annoying at others. My favorite part of the episode was seeing Team Rocket getting ready for their mission.

NPT

Just a member
The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!

This was a good episode. It was good to seeing Detective Cilan again, But Iris and Dawn were annoying in this episode. I didn't like how Dawn compared Brock's filrting habit with Cilan's Conessure habits, and her comment about boys was just...... Meh!
I liked it when Cilan pushed Dawn out of his way, she deserved it for being annoying. It's nice to see a Larvitar again, I liked how it battled with Ash's Scraggy.

This episode proved that Cilan is not 'perfect' in everything. Like the others, sometimes he could make mistakes too.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
My favorite scene was Lucia/Dawn/Hikari saying she'd never hire him, and then:

"You're the best at pains!" (forgot the exact phrase) - which was the comment that made him sad.

Eh, not a super interesting episode, since I can't think of anything that I absolutely loved/didn't like about it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved Dawn's interactions with Iris and Cilan in this episode. I found the part where Cilan pushes Dawn out of the way hilarious, I remember Brock doing something like that once also.
8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Cilan was hilarious as usual here. It's kind of nice to see Cubchoo have Larvitar as a friendly rival that Chris never knew about. Dawn referring to Brock again was nice as well.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Cilan acting as a detective again and his idea of how Cubchoo might've evolved seemed reasonable until we saw Cubchoo with Larvitar. ^^; I liked seeing Ash's Scraggy battling against the Larvitar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Unless I'm mistaken, this was the first time since Jouto that we saw a Yogiras have a big role in an episode. Kumasyun was adorable as usual, but once again, I thought that it was a tease that no one in the cast was able to catch Kumasyun. Dent vowing to solve the mystery was humorous and made me smile.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode disappointed me when I saw this, because I was expecting a fun-filled Cilan episode for some great laughs before what's yet to come, but instead, we just get an average episode about a boy who lost his Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was glad when Hikari mentioned Takeshi in this episode, which in itself was an ironic thing for her given that she didn't interact with him much in Shinou. I also wish that Chaoboo versus Manmoo had received a proper conclusion.

Daizy

I call you honey
Other than the training battle and Piplup scenes, Dawn had no relevance in this episode at all. The episode had entertaining scenes such as Cilan getting everything wrong, cute moments with the Pokemon and that fantastic moment of Iris yelling right at Cilan.

Scorbunnie

Dawn was hilarious here and I felt sorry for her that she had to put up with Cilan's detective act since she had no experience with how serious he takes this kind of stuff.

The actual mystery part of this episode was too predictable and no matter how great Cubchoo and Larvitar are I thought the episode could have been better.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Dawn was hilarious here and I felt sorry for her that she had to put up with Cilan's detective act since she had no experience with how serious he takes this kind of stuff.

The actual mystery part of this episode was too predictable and no matter how great Cubchoo and Larvitar are I thought the episode could have been better.
Honestly, one of the funniest parts to this episode was when Dawn was giving Cilan the third degree after Cubchoo showed up and then he accidentally pushed her when doing that spin.

Last edited:
MAMMOO!!!!!!!
Togekiss getting shafted once again, it's the only one of Dawn's Pokémon not to do something thus far.