• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystery of the Shiny Fossil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found myself in a rather confusing predicament over the last few months. I have been attempting to revive a shiny Cranidos on Omega Ruby through soft resetting with 5 skull fossils in my bag. It's been about 3-4 months of soft resetting, and I've gotten nothing. I've been shiny hunting for years, and I've never had a shiny hunt even come close to taking this long, including other fossils, SRing for legends, and the Masuda method with Pokemon that take a long time to hatch. I've had a few wacky theories about why a shiny might not be showing up for me, but they've all been debunked either through my own gameplay or through watching shiny hunts on YouTube. I have beaten the E4, finished the delta episode, visited mirage spots & the battle resort, caught many legendaries, obtained the shiny charm & the national dex...I can't think of why those things would prevent me from reviving a shiny Cranidos, but I'm just going through all my info. Is there something I might be missing? Or have I just encountered my unluckiest shiny hunt of all?

Status
Not open for further replies.