• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Mystics Club ~Ghost/Fairy/Dark/Psychic/Dragon Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryuel

Please use the new club thread located here! Thanks! (VampirateMace)

~The Mystics Club~

J0ZBLYi.png

Welcome to the Mysics Pokémon Club!

If you're an admirer of Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fairy, or Dragon type Pokémon, then this casual club is for you to enjoy with fellow mystics~

~This club offers~
  • an inclusive space to discuss competitive, as well as non-competitive, aspects to specific Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fairy, or Dragon Pokémon
  • a constructive place to have Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Fairy, or Dragon mono-teams rated
  • a community trade shop where any members can list competitive mystic type Pokémon & exchange them for other mystics in the Club's Community Pot
  • occasional themed PS and/or Wifi tournaments with prizes
  • Mystic community shiny hunts for interested members
  • Other Mystics themed Community Activities (see below)

~Mystics Rules~
  1. All SPPf rules apply
  2. Sign-up, using the form below, is required in order to post or use any of the Club's features
  3. No Spam, Off-Topic stuff, or One-Liners! (you will receive a warning from SPPf Staff Members and have your post reported by Club Members)
  4. All Club Members are treated with respect, kindness, and patience
  5. Only appreciation for mystic types here (self-explanatory given the club); should you have criticism to share that was asked for competitive purposes, make sure it's constructive and friendly
  6. Remain active. Members are expected to contribute to one of the Club's many purposes at least once every 2-3 weeks.
  7. Have fun~~ You may also extend the Club's purposes if you have great ideas! Take initiative! :)
*Please use at least one of the Support Buttons to support your favourite mystic type & the Club* (don't forget to give artist credit!)

PN5Xu6G.png
zPIKg4W.png
P72MPPn.png
1b51Mub.png
NgQdDj2.png
1nSb17O.png
zvBmT7c.png
3W6gMEN.png

Credits (support & artist approved art):
Mystics Club Banner by Daedric Design's SwordMetalhead
Support Buttons by The Under's Astral Shadow
DA's Brylark (Mega Altaria for Fairy Button)
DA's Noscium (Mega Gengar, Mega Absol, & Mega Alakazam for other mystic type Buttons)​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mystics Registration Form~
~Club Applicants may post right after applying~
HTML:
Favourite mystic type?
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you?
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Club Community Activities:

zorua_pixel_over_by_fade_away_requiem-d3cdf1i.png
~~~~
0FTrzHO.jpg
~~~~
ioEBKdu.png

Ongoing: Mystics shiny hunt

Pick a Mystic Pokémon of your House and go MM Hunting! Good luck! :)
Mystics Calendar Points: 4-6IV from your House (5 pts), 4-6IV Mystic Pokémon (4 pts), <4IV (3 pts), Friend Safari/RE (2 pts), Horde (1 pt)

Ongoing: Mystics Art Appreciation
Simply post an artwork of a Mystic Pokémon (or group of Mystics) that you like! Don't forget to put them in a spoiler tag and to add appropriate credit (linked to the source ideally).
Mystics Calendar Points: Posting 1 Mystics image (1 pt), Commenting on other people's image in a reflective way (2 pts), Creating Mystics Art for our Club (4 pts)

Ongoing Mystic of the Week
Mystics Calendar Points: Commenting on the Mystic of the Week (1 pt), Posting artwork related to the Mystic of the Week (2 pts), Discussing competitive aspects as part of the comment (3 pts), Posting a PS/Wifi Battle Video using the Mystic of the Week (4 pts), Posting the Mystic of the Week (5 pts)
Past Featured Mystics

;355; :633: ;173; ~Mystics Club Members~ :570: ;371; :577:​

zPIKg4W.png
~Mystics Haunted Manor Spectres~
Cm9W9fb.png
Credit: DA's Amastroph
302-m.png
Cryùel ( shiny MM hunt for: Frillish)
;302; LeafeonTheVoid
:609: TheShoveler188 (shiny MM hunt for: Gastly)
;354; Steamcraft
;355; machinethatgoesding
;442; Kelde0
;478; Poisoned Youth

~Mystics Enchanted Forest Sylphs~
P72MPPn.png

L6XZH3l.jpg
Credit: DA's Houndourka
ColtonL :547:
~SkyHigh~
700.png

FairyWitch (shiny MM hunt for: Swablu) ;282;
Mogar
716.png

Shiny Glaceon! (shiny MM hunt for: Pumkaboo)
334MMS.png

Winona (shiny MM hunt for: Woobat) ;040;

1b51Mub.png
~Mystics Infernal Abyss Spawn~
ud72ht5.jpg
Credit: DA's MarkCW
:625: xDIRCIOx
;461; Schade
;197; OtakuGamer
;359; Absolushun
:635: Ibuki Mioda
;262; EmiiLava
;215; SneaselFTW (shiny MM hunt for: Eevee)
;229; Rhyx
;198; Wego (shiny MM hunt for: Misdreavus)
;491; GC7
;359; SkyTheAbsol
:552: Earth Wolf-Howl

~Mystics Astral Temple Seers~
NgQdDj2.png

SilverLanayru ;385;
Kiruria :575:
Monster Guy :518:
Singmeloetta :517:
xEryChan ;282;
Peridomic ;475;
hiimkim
678.png

ChibiWizard ;475;
KetsuekiR ;282;

1nSb17O.png
~Mystics Den of the Evenstar Dragons~
Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Bagon, Shelgon, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Mega Garchomp, Giratina, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Zekrom, Kyurem, Dragalge, Noibat, Noivern, Zygarde
sDcN8AD.jpg
Credit: DA's EternaLegend
LLR (shiny MM hunt for: Deino)
tumblr_inline_mqrkiuG8ii1qz4rgp.gif

Burnerv2
tumblr_inline_nab1i70Bs91qbvn5l.gif

Reg_Rocks :635:
Omega Matt
tumblr_inline_nab1i70Bs91qbvn5l.gif

~Mystics Valley of the Daystar Dragons~
zvBmT7c.png

Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Mega Ampharos, Mega Sceptile, Vibrava, Flygon, Altaria, Mega Altaria, Salamence, Mega Salamence, Latias, Mega Latias, Latios, Mega Latios, Rayquaza, Mega Rayquaza, Reshiram, Goomy, Sligoo, Goodra
A1BAhWP.jpg

HM02gon ;330; (shiny MM hunt for: Dratini)
graymelancholia :643:
00swms ;149;
TheFirehawk ;384;
Mega Altaria ;334;

Last edited by a moderator:

cryuel

82px-19,1309,0,1289-MD_Sky_Gift_art.png

~How the Mystics Community Pot Trade Shop works~
Looking for a competitive Ghost Pokémon? Wanting to try out a new Dark type? In search of a Psychic shiny? Always wanted that Fairy Pokémon to be in a different Pokéball?
The Mystics Community Pot is a Club exclusive trade-shop where all Club Members can trade with one another, contribute to the pot, exchange competitive shinies, etc.
1) Access the Mystics Community Pot spreadsheet. The second tab is for the Mystics Shiny Community Pot.
2) If you have a competitive Mystic Pokémon to donate, enter it in the spreadsheet - the more, the merrier!
3) If something in the Community Pot catches your eye, simply contact that Club Member via PM/VM and suggest a trade!
4) You're welcome to announce noteworthy additions in our Club thread. (just make sure you're not posting One-Liners...)

You may be asking why to put things in the pot again in the first place? Well, it's a Trade Shop! Together as a community we can easily share competitive Pokémon of a type we have many Pokémon of. If you're interested in trying out a Mystic Pokémon you've always wanted to try, contact its owner! Happy trading!

~Club Artwork~
Members are welcome to use any of the following Artwork or Buttons to support the Club and, of course, show off some awesome Mystics in their signature. Just please always remember to give some sort of Artist Credit to the amazing artists who put a lot of time and dedication into their artwork! :)

3I3k0IE.png
6p2D1wL.png
WqSvlem.png
TDojW9K.png

Ghost Club Banner
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3I3k0IE.png[/IMG]
Fairy Club Banner
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6p2D1wL.png[/IMG]
Dark Club Banner
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WqSvlem.png[/IMG]
Psychic Club Banner
HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TDojW9K.png[/IMG]

Mystic (male) Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PN5Xu6G.png[/IMG][/URL]
Ghost Club Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zPIKg4W.png[/IMG][/URL]
Fairy Club Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P72MPPn.png[/IMG][/URL]
Dark Club Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1b51Mub.png[/IMG][/URL]
Psychic Club Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NgQdDj2.png[/IMG][/URL]
Mystic (female) Button
HTML:
[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Dark-Psychic-Fairy-types&p=17418047#post17418047"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3W6gMEN.png[/IMG][/URL]
Credits (support & artist approved art):
Mystics Club Banner by Daedric Design's SwordMetalhead
Mystics Signature Banners by Ibuki Mioda
Support Buttons by The Under's Astral Shadow
DA's Brylark (Mega Altaria for Fairy Button)
DA's Noscium (Mega Gengar, Mega Absol, & Mega Alakazam for other mystic type Buttons)
DA's Tomycase (Mega Gengar & Mega Mawile for Signature Banners)[/I]​

~Topic Suggestions~
Which is your favourite mystic type?
What is your favourite mystic Pokémon? What made it so?
Who is your favourite mystic user from the animé/manga?
Do you have a mystics mono-team?
Have you tried using mystic Pokémon competitively?
What do you think about the increased strength for Ghost and Dark types in Gen6?
How has the Psychic type progressed since Gen1, and where would you like to see it evolve?
How has your experience been using the newly added Fairy type?
Which mystic type combination would you like to see?
What are your favourite mystic shinies? Are you hunting any lately?
Are there any mystic tournament ideas you would like to propose, or organise?
~~ Your own topic ~~

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Favourite mystic type? Dark
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? I feel like Weavile really catch my essence of being.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Some good conversation, among with trading experiences etc.

cryuel

Thanks, VampirateMace for approving our Club! :)

Whelp, I shall be the first. :3 Been wanting to join something like this for some time. lol

Favourite mystic type? Psychic.
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Jirachi.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? So much potential in the area of the supernatural. *w* Being serious, I've yet to think this thoroughly, but simply put... we can all learn from one another, be it strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Also cryuel, I think you are already aware of my current sig situation, so I hope it'll be fine for me to advertise via text once my member registration is approved. ^^;

Favourite mystic type? Fairy
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Whimsicott (I was going to say mega altaria, but in retrospect I'm pretty dang annoying.)
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Hmmmmm, these four types are some of my favorites for sure, and it'd be fun to have good discussions and learn new things. :3

the buttons are fabulous btw~

This is perfect!

Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Definitely Espeon- oh, you expected a Dark type? Get outta here!
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? I have several Mystics in Luxury Balls because these are some of my favorite types! I also have a mono Dark team for a league too!

To start off a conversation, my favorite Mystic is Espeon, not only is it my favorite Eeveelution, but it has put together basically every single competitive team I've made, and it feels like Solstice, my Espeon, has accompanied me through everything I've been through as a competitive battler!

Will get a button in just a sec!

Oh yes, do you kind if I join in?

Favourite mystic type? Definitely Fairy.
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? This is a hard one. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick Sylveon.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Definitely a lot. I am definitely am a fan of Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon. It is definitely nice to see a fan club for these Pokemon types :)

well this was a intreasting club one i was about to go to bed but some reason i still can't sleep probably becuase boyfriend leaving tommorow but this is way off topic i like to join please

Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Gardevoir or Sylveon
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? well for me I am absolutely the fairy queen you don't know how much i love my fairies :p which i am a normal fairy fan as it is i collect normal fairy figurines which is not just pokemon related. I could probably provide you all with any fairy type mon tbh i do love all the others above as well

Hi everyone, and thanks for joining the club! :)
If you have room for a button or more, feel free to use them. If not (especially League members), don't worry. Have fun~~

Oh yes, do you kind if I join in?

Favourite mystic type? Definitely Fairy.
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? This is a hard one. If I had to pick, I'd probably pick Sylveon.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Definitely a lot. I am definitely am a fan of Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon. It is definitely nice to see a fan club for these Pokemon types :)

Btw, do you or does any one else have any ideas whether serebii smilies exist for Gen6 Pokémon yet?

Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? I feel like Weavile really catch my essence of being.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Some good conversation, among with trading experiences etc.

Welcome to the Mystics Club and have fun~ :)

Since you mentioned trading, the Mystics Club's community pot is officially open~~ :)

If you have any spare mystic type Pokémon to trade, simply list them there and trade with other members if you're looking for another mystic type. This Club feature should readily allow us to explore mystics we're not familiar with.
You're welcome to announce in this thread what you've added, and likewise what you might be looking for that isn't there yet.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
To answer your question: No, I don't think there are emoji's for the Gen. 6 Pokemon yet
Also, that 'community pot' thingy looked neat and organized. Pretty cool

cryuel

This is perfect!

Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Definitely Espeon- oh, you expected a Dark type? Get outta here!
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? I have several Mystics in Luxury Balls because these are some of my favorite types! I also have a mono Dark team for a league too!

To start off a conversation, my favorite Mystic is Espeon, not only is it my favorite Eeveelution, but it has put together basically every single competitive team I've made, and it feels like Solstice, my Espeon, has accompanied me through everything I've been through as a competitive battler!

Will get a button in just a sec!

I'm glad you mentioned Espeon, and I'd be curious to know how you use it as I've had troubles using it effectively without it being ok'd fast. I understand that clever switching is important and that there are different sets to use, but I can't wrap my finger around whether a defensive dual screen set is more effective or a more offensive set?
The way I ran mine was with dual screens @t Light Clay, Shadow Ball and Psychic/Dazzling Gleam (latter move is meant for Sableyes/Spiritombs). I often cripple against Greninjas, Tyranitars, Gengars, Talonflames and Mega Scizor though (yes, lots of common OU Pokémon..)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, on the topic of Espeons, as switching out is really boring. What I do is: I have Charm, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Calm Mind on my Espeon. If any physical attackers come onstage, I just cripple them with Charm, and as everyone switch out anyway, I can predict that, and get a free Calm Mind Boost by it. I also have Magic Bounce on my Espeon because... eh, I don't really know. (I like synchronize better). Holding a Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, that Espeon is really handy.

cryuel

Well, on the topic of Espeons, as switching out is really boring. What I do is: I have Charm, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Calm Mind on my Espeon. If any physical attackers come onstage, I just cripple them with Charm, and as everyone switch out anyway, I can predict that, and get a free Calm Mind Boost by it. I also have Magic Bounce on my Espeon because... eh, I don't really know. (I like synchronize better). Holding a Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, that Espeon is really handy.

I might have to be inspired by your set. :)
I think moves likes Charm are definitely underrated, though given the recent VGC Emolga we ought to try out more moves like Charm. I'd go for Magic Bounce over Synchronize though (since you reflect most statuses anyways?).

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, I don't do competitive, so my Espeon (Named Edgar) would most definitly be murdured pretty darn fast. Though, he can hold his own in the Maison.
and yeah, Charm, Featherdance, Screech etc. are really underrated. These statusmoves are how I murder my friends in our friendly Wifi battles.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Schade's set looks great, with a nice 110 Speed, Espeon can easily begin to cripple opponents or start setting up right off the bat. Unfortunately, that 4 moveslot syndrome thingy hurts Espeon, since it now lacks recovery and can't hit certain Pokemon. Try this out:

Espeon @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power Fighting

With this set you could probably set up a few Calm Minds against an opponent like Charizard Y or any slow Special Attackers. Leftovers can slightly tip off damage calcs, allowing you to go for another boost or something if you can do the math right. Life Orb, however, greatly increases the damage, and can allow Espeon to take the role of a late game sweeper. The decision between Psychic and Psyshock is up to you. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting provide a useful perfect coverage, while running Dazzling Gleam over Hidden Power Fighting carries similar effects (the only Pokemon I can think of to resist is Pyroar, who not only is PU, but can let Espeon set up and get hit by Psychic).

If you want screens however, the set I use is this:

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Psychic / Dazzling Gleam / Baton Pass

The reason this set works is because it is meant to be used right off the bat. With more and more people trying to bring in Skarmory and Ferrothorn turn one, Espeon is guaranteed several free turns, especially when the opponent keeps predicting you to switch. After setting up Reflect and Light Screen, if Espeon is weak, I bring him out, but if it can still handle an extra attack, I go for a Wish to heal a fellow teammates damage as they switch. One of the things that Espeon can do to incredibly change the outcome of the game, however, is use Wish before the opponent KO's it, allowing a teammate to get a Wish on standby, ready to be used next turn. This is incredibly good when you send out something bulky like a Multiscale Dragonite with a Weakness Policy. The opponent literally CAN'T hit you with a super effective move, so you get two free turns to Dragon Dance and STILL have the Weakness Policy. Another scenario I went through was during Prison Break Semifinals, where Espeon set up a Reflect and Wish before an AV Axumarill who carried Knock Off. After fainting, I brought in my special Talonflame who set up two Swords Dances, only taking 33% damage, and proceeded to sweep the opponents final few Pokemon, including a Heatran who got 2HKO'd. As the last move, I like carrying Psychic, a move with 90 base power carrying STAB and coming from a special attack stat of 130. Dazzling Gleam has no immunities and hits Dark types who like to switch into Espeon. Espeon, however, can't do much in return. Baton Pass allows Espeon to safely avoid a Pursuit; however, with Reflect, Pursuit isn't as painful as you'd think, allowing you to set screens and Wish against slower users.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Whelp, I shall be the first. :3 Been wanting to join something like this for some time. lol

Favourite mystic type? Psychic.
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Jirachi.
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? So much potential in the area of the supernatural. *w* Being serious, I've yet to think this thoroughly, but simply put... we can all learn from one another, be it strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Also cryuel, I think you are already aware of my current sig situation, so I hope it'll be fine for me to advertise via text once my member registration is approved. ^^;

Moved this post under cryuel's request.

---

Since you mentioned trading, the Mystics Club's community pot is officially open~~ :)

If you have any spare mystic type Pokémon to trade, simply list them there and trade with other members if you're looking for another mystic type. This Club feature should readily allow us to explore mystics we're not familiar with.
You're welcome to announce in this thread what you've added, and likewise what you might be looking for that isn't there yet.
I actually might have a few mystical mons I could donate... I'll see what I could do. xD

By the way, in the OP, you accidentally put FairyWitch's represent mon as Breloom instead of Gardevoir. o.o (Dex number is 282, not 286.)

Anyway, for my favorite mystics...
Truth be told, I have two mystics that are tied for being my top favorites, but the reason why I picked Jirachi to represent me is because that's been my most favorite mon (both conceptually and competitively) for the longest time till a certain 5th gen mon came around to tie with it. Plus, Jirachi itself is sentimental value to me... it has been with me ever since the 4th gen days, especially as a competitive battler. And while I may have about five different Jirachis raised, a particular one I prefer to use the most is a bulky paraflinch lead with Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Head. Not just because I find it pretty efficient in some situations, but the Jirachi I have with this set... it's a WISHMKR Jirachi my boyfriend gave to me on my 15th birthday, and the very first Jirachi I ever got my hands on. (It's Adamant nature with only a perfect Attack IV.)

Regarding the Espeon topic, though, I also use one as a Dual Screener (my Aurora <3). I eventually do plan on trying to raise another as an offensive Calm Minder. Just depends on when I'll ever get back to Eevee breeding again. lol o:

Last edited:

cryuel

I actually might have a few mystical mons I could donate... I'll see what I could do. xD

By the way, in the OP, you accidentally put FairyWitch's represent mon as Breloom instead of Gardevoir. o.o (Dex number is 282, not 286.)

Anyway, for my favorite mystics...
Truth be told, I have two mystics that are tied for being my top favorites, but the reason why I picked Jirachi to represent me is because that's been my most favorite mon (both conceptually and competitively) for the longest time till a certain 5th gen mon came around to tie with it. Plus, Jirachi itself is sentimental value to me... it has been with me ever since the 4th gen days, especially as a competitive battler. And while I may have about five different Jirachis raised, a particular one I prefer to use the most is a bulky paraflinch lead with Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Head. Not just because I find it pretty efficient in some situations, but the Jirachi I have with this set... it's a WISHMKR Jirachi my boyfriend gave to me on my 15th birthday, and the very first Jirachi I ever got my hands on. (It's Adamant nature with only a perfect Attack IV.)

Regarding the Espeon topic, though, I also use one as a Dual Screener (my Aurora <3). I eventually do plan on trying to raise another as an offensive Calm Minder. Just depends on when I'll ever get back to Eevee breeding again. lol o:

Wow, thanks for catching that! o_O I have it fixed now. :3

Regarding Espeon, what exactly would be the point of Baton Pass in relation to the screens? I understand that it's advantageous to avoid Pursuits sometimes using BP, but is there any purpose to BP that has an effect on screens? Or is it just to make a Pokemon receive a Wish that would have been used prior to Baton Passing?

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper

Regarding Espeon, what exactly would be the point of Baton Pass in relation to the screens? I understand that it's advantageous to avoid Pursuits sometimes using BP, but is there any purpose to BP that has an effect on screens? Or is it just to make a Pokemon receive a Wish that would have been used prior to Baton Passing?

Literally the only use is to avoid damage from Pursuit, since Tyranitar and Bisharp are so common, but I've never used it in my life because there's no other reason to use it, especially not when another Pokemon on your team could use Baton Pass more effectively. I prefer having Psychic to allow Espeon to do damage whenever it requires.

Edit: Also, Wish is passed even without Baton Pass, thus making it more redundant...

Last edited:

GhostlyMaiden

Old User: OtakuGamer
Favourite mystic type?: Thats a tough one! But I must say Dark
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Umbreon
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Able to meet new people and be able to show my love for all the types!

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

well there are calm mind+ stored power sets, so that's probably one of the times you'd want baton pass too. :3

I need to come up with something fun and interesting for fairies.
I used to use a recycle+air balloon bold klefki, that was interesting, but sadly gimmicky at best.

Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Whimsicott (I was going to say mega altaria, but in retrospect I'm pretty dang annoying.)
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Hmmmmm, these four types are some of my favorites for sure, and it'd be fun to have good discussions and learn new things. :3

the buttons are fabulous btw~

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Speaking of stuff and thaaaangs. Knock Off for Weavile. That's really, really good, isnt it? 65 base Power in XY. power doubles when oponent is holding an item. 130 Base Power + STAB? That's pretty darn amazing, is it not? I suddenly regret not tutoring my Weavile Knock Off before transferring it to X....

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Speaking of stuff and thaaaangs. Knock Off for Weavile. That's really, really good, isnt it? 65 base Power in XY. power doubles when oponent is holding an item. 130 Base Power + STAB? That's pretty darn amazing, is it not? I suddenly regret not tutoring my Weavile Knock Off before transferring it to X....
Knock Off on nearly any Dark type mon that can learn it is very good. *w* This generation really gave it a nice buff.
And I know how you feel about Knock Off Weavile... to be honest, I lack one of those myself. That, and I also heard Low Kick on it is very good for coverage, too, but that's also a 5th gen tutor move.
But yeah, I kinda have to wing it with my Kalos-bred Weavile's moveset in the meantime. x:
I'm actually pretty fond of Weavile myself.

cryuel

Favourite mystic type?: Thats a tough one! But I must say Dark
Which mystic Pokémon would you like to represent you? Umbreon
What potential do you see in the Club for yourself? Able to meet new people and be able to show my love for all the types!

Added, welcome to the Mystics Club~ :)

Knock Off generally is a great move if only it knocked off mega stones, especially with the boost in XY and stab. My Ghost E3 team over at the Trinity League has much disliked the prevalence of Knock Off as a boosted super effective move, let alone losing an item (which no one really enjoys).
Personally I'm very fond of Low Kick, as many things you'd use it on are heavy. xD

I think we can confidently hope that move tutors will return in OrAs though.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If ORAS follow the path of both Ruby and Sapphire, with elements from Emerald, I think we get some move tutors. Hopefully, if the Battle Frontier returns, we'll get the Battle Point tutors.
That being said, Low Kick is also a pretty good move I have on my Weavile. lol. Weavile is kind of my main Pokemon in X, when I think about it..

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
If ORAS follow the path of both Ruby and Sapphire, with elements from Emerald, I think we get some move tutors. Hopefully, if the Battle Frontier returns, we'll get the Battle Point tutors.
That being said, Low Kick is also a pretty good move I have on my Weavile. lol. Weavile is kind of my main Pokemon in X, when I think about it..

I find this weird, but 99% of my teams have azumarill on it.
I just can't go without putting azumarill on one of my teams. I have a rotation team built around rain that I love her on, and then my fairy team includes her ofc. I don't even use azumarill very well, I think I just have to have her for the threatening presence she brings xD

Status
Not open for further replies.