• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Name's N! (771)

matt0044

A better title would've been "You've Got a Friend In N."

NPT

Just a member
This was a great episode. I was surprised to see the opening when I saw the dub this episode for the first time. I'm glad TPCI changed the opening with footage from "Be an Arrow(Episode N)", using footage from "Be an arrow(BW2)" in the english wouldn't have made sense.

This episode was also a great introduction of N in the Pokémon anime. I really liked how his personality was similar to the games. N's dub voice was really Good. In fact, the anime N's English voice sounded way better than N's English voice in the BW2 englhsh trailer. I gotta admit, TPCI did good job dubbing this episode.

It's good to see Team Rocket in both their goofy and serious selves, I think it's a good balance of their personality. I liked how N protected Snivy and Axew by taking the hit from Frillish's Shadow Ball, then told TRio that they're fools. Ash's Pikachu and Unfezant blasting off Team Rocket was great, It's good to see them keeping their serious personality and getting blasting off.

I liked the part where Ash told N about his encounter with Zekrom, and N thought there's must be a reason that he encoutered Zekrom.......
Oh well, the reason was resetting Pikachu, that's all.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even though this was N's (one of my favorite characters) debut, I felt that it wasn't that great. I guess I'm glad that he kept his in-game personality and stuff, but I enjoyed the little things more than N himself. For instance, that allusion to Team Plasma's experiments on Genesect at the start of the episode, Ash imagining tons of food and remembering his encounter with Zekrom, and Ash and Iris's battle with each other were all interesting moments. I was livid @ Axew wandering off as usual, and Team Rocket bored me with their schemes too. Plus, those Alomomola were such plot devices; they obviously only appeared so that Pikachu's poison status would be relieved. Still, the episode wasn't too bad.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, due to a job and other reality issues, I seriously slacked off on watching Pokemon episodes, falling over a year behind. I'm starting to catch up now, a couple of episodes a day (I've got over 40 episodes and 2 movies to go), so I'll get to back reviewing.

Anyway, great character introduction for N here. He's one of the most interesting characters in the fifth gen games, and I've been liking his episodes so far. I found it most interesting when he asked Meowth why he speaks like a person instead of a pokemon, and Meowth acts like he's nuts. LOL I wish the show hadn't gone back to the 1.0 motto, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. At least Team Rocket's not taking long absences from episodes anymore. Overall, good episode.

8/10

I wasn't sure if maybe I was just hearing wrong, but no, James said "to unite the people within our nation!" instead of "all people!"
Not complaining, just saying is all.

Also, yeah, I want to know the reason (if any) Ash met Zekrom in the beginning of his Unova adventure. Hope it's not something that will just be thrown to the wayside.

JudySpell

Banned
We finally saw N and he seemed nice unlike in the games where he's awkward. My biggest pet peeve was the TRio's comeback. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was glad to finally see N on the show, plus the Genesect foreshadowing in the ruined lab scene was exciting. Team Rocket's scheme here was almost successful and I liked when the two wild Alomomola healed Pikachu. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
N acted pretty much the same here as he did in the Isshu games, although perhaps less awkwardly. It was good that Satoshi remembered his encounter with Zekrom, and I liked that we saw Satoshi's Gantle versus Iris's Doryuzu. N summoning two Mamanbou from the sea seemed way too convenient, however.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really think they nailed N's voice. It sounds just about perfect to me. Second, I've said it before and will continue to say it, but I'm overjoyed that Team Rocket is back to their old selves. Half the reason I watched the old show was because of how hilarious Team Rocket was.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Really nice introducing episode for N. He's pretty interesting character, like in the games. Maybe little creepy with all that weird stuff he does, but interesting. I can't say that I'm enjoying the TRio appearing every episode now though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I can't say that I'm enjoying the TRio appearing every episode now though.

The Rocket-dan weren't quite as intrusive here, however. In fact, their appearance on the ferry is what lead to N showing off his ability to contact wild Pokemon for help, which was amazing.

Daizy

I call you honey
I know the anime is full of Mary Sue characters but N is really annoying with his friend calling powers and all his backstory. I'm glad that Ash's encounter with Zekrom was mentioned though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wish N's skills as a Pokemon communicator would've been fleshed out when he debuted here, yet it was treated as simply being magic-like and not something worth addressing.