1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Name's N! (771)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

I can't believe they keep making that mistake with the intro. All they need to do is watch the second episode of the anime to know how TRio say their Kanto motto. Oh and I wish they would stop adding words to the Kanto motto and get the Kanto music back.

2. Supersonicbro

Supersonicbro Well-Known Member

N's shot at team rocket was astounding, he called them fools, selfish, and human debris....I like N's character in the anime, it's unique. Not all happy or clumsy or arrogant. Seeing this episode in english was really good.

Edit: Oh and they used "best wishes" again....twice. It makes me smile every time they do that lol.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

The phrase, you mean? That phrase does no justice to what we've seen so far...

4. Supersonicbro

Supersonicbro Well-Known Member

yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.

5. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Loved N's voice. I don't know how to put it, but it fit's him. That's good enough for me.

The opening! Oh my gosh. I'm so glad we got Episode N clips, and it took me by surprise. This was a good idea for the dub to do, and not just reuse the same opening we had since February.

Good episode, and a great introduction for N. I believe his transition from the games to the anime went well. Hope that keeps up for the episodes to come.

Still enjoying Team Rocket, as the balance between their familiar, goofy ways mixes well with their seriousness.

Go N!

6. G4Pokefan

G4Pokefan THE AURA IS WITH ME

I really was glued to this episode today. The opening this morning surprised me as well. Didn't think they would actually do it but glad they did. Maybe that's what the dub is planning to do this year b4 the next gen anime appears (possibly in October). The opening was first about the Unova League arc, then now they switched up some clips for the N arc, thy might do the same thing later on this year for the DA arc.

N is definitely going to be a memorable anime character after this arc ends. Even b4 he appeared in the show, he was a fan favorite in the games and one of the most highly anticipated and hyped-up character in the entire Pokemon genre to date. Never have i seen or heard such hype and intrigue over a character since playing Pokemon.

Team Rocket (sigh) back to their Battle Frontier/Sinnoh ways. Yeah like some, I missed their wacky side, but me personally it was their Indigo/Hoenn ways i missed (and the 4kids actors) but that'll never be again so i was used to the way they were showcased in BW. Oh well.

7. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Seemed odd how Ash went from Juniper's house to Castelia by BOAT when in the games you can walk it

8. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

Was surprised they updated the opening to feature Episode N opening footage. Really nice.

LOVED the episode. N's voice was pretty good. I was worried somehow they would have messed that up. Calm and collective.

Team Rocket... back then...I remember being so annoyed about how old their shtick got interupting ash EVERY episode.. untilthe BW saga started... I bei;ved it is nice they were not in every episode.. and they became more competant with their promotions,. BUT i had REALLY Missed Team Rockiet.. and it;s great that they are back and somewhat back to thier goofy selves.. yet still able to be seriouse as well..which they really need. A Nice balance is really nice. I love How N mentioned meowth speaking human speech lol

Well it;s times like this i think about how the movies are supposedly non Canon and this speaks up for it.. but it;s odd in other times it seems like they have been with something revolving around the show... like the whole genesect thing leading up to the newest movie.. and the whole mewtwo thing about gary encountering it and it;s escape for the first movie... I dunno..it's really weird sometimes.. but it makes me think in order for the story to work about ash beiong special for encountering zekrom,....they had to retcon the first BW movie.. or if I must.... the movies are not canon which I never liked to beleive -_- oh well

MidnightMelody

Because it;s faster by boat and they don't need to stop along the towns and cities they needed to get the badges like before is my guess...

9. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

"You're bunch of fools."
    AHAH I laughed on that one.
    N, seriously, you have nothing evil and your voice is horrible. I wasn't expecting that voice, and it turned bad to me.
    Oh well, that wasn't one of my favorite episode, a little bit disapointed. However, Snivy appeared, that cheered me up.

10. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Because they are not stopping at Castelia City. They are stopping at Aspertia City from BW2. So a boat directly across makes more sense. They passed by the P2 Lab and Castelia City as one would if there would be a boat section in the games.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the dub. N's voice was weird at first but after a bit I got used to it and it feels Natural. get it?

11. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

Like everyone else has said already, the dub made a good choice for N's voice. It fitted so well, I wasn't expecting the dialogue between him and TRio to be so accurate to the Japanese version. The language used felt so harsh, which was good to hear in a Pokemon episode since its pretty rare. TRio weren't as bad this week but you can tell the dub had a good idea that in Da! we were going back to full on goofy TRio, so why not start building it up early for the dub. The opening surprised me too, I really thought we were stuck with that 1st opening till the end of the season. Good to see a change around. Gets me excited to hear what Plasma's voices will be like

12. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

N's voice sounded exactly as I expected, in fact, I almost actually thought it actually was Jerry Jewell for a lot of the episode.

The opening was a complete surprise. Kind of odd that no clips of Ghetsis or Colress got in, but the Goddesses, the recycled Dragonite scene from BW097, and the infamous helicopter scene did.

And as expected, the dub made TR even more annoying than they were in the raw. Yawn.

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  13. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I don't ghetsis.

14. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Good episode. N has a nice voice, indeed. And I'm sure N will find answers eventually. And yay for Snivy appearing again, even if only for a short time during the presence of Team Rocket. Too bad Team Rocket didn't even say "We're blasting off again!"

15. R?IDDl3R

R?IDDl3R ace trainer

i enjoyed the little filler :) axews dragonrage improved its accuracy and speed!! and N acts really strange.. i cant wait to see more of him :) this is getting intresting

16. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Did anyone else find out that N's voice actor is the same guy who voiced Montgomery from the Clubsplosion?

17. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

First of all, like everyone else, I really liked the opening this episode. It was just so right.

The narrator described N so well so I am going to use it again, N is such a fascinating character. We first see him in an abandoned laboratory which I assume was the P2 lab due to the appearance of the Genesect data. Skipping forward, N finally meets Ash and friends. To me, he sounds slightly estranged and has a couple of screws loose (if you get what I mean) but that makes complete sense to me because N isn't a normal character so this fits him perfectly. He takes an interest in mythology, but is this to fulfil his own truths and ideals to find out why the world exists the way it is? Also, we immediately discover N's burning hatred towards Pokémon being forced to battle and it will be interesting how N reacts the more he is exposed to Pokémon battle as he encounters Ash and his friends.

Really, I'm just really excited to see how this develops. On to the next one!

18. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Oh man, this episode is pretty good, I actually really like it! Awesome to see N in the very first scene with a Genesect cameo, in P2 Laboratory! Yay, also an updated opening with scenes for the new arc too!!

Haha anyway, I thought the setting is nice, I really the idea of Ash, Iris and Cilan meeting N on a ship for some reason. XD Ash was really playful with Pikachu throughout the episode, so I guess N noticed it. It looks like Ash and Pikachu really got along with N upon meeting him on the top deck, too.

I really like N's voice, especially when he's talking about Pokemon battles. I guess, Team Rocket were pretty cool here too, after N left but while Ash and Iris were in a battle, they show up, using Axew to get to Pikachu! Anyway, N was really cool here, protecting the Pokemon by using himself and then letting Ash handle the rest, with Team Rocket blasting off again? Also, N calling out to Pokemon is a cool ability that helped Pikachu thanks to Alomomola!

So anyway, N leaves at Castelia City while Ash and co stay on board to Aspertia City. Well, really good episode, I like it a lot and now I'm looking forward to the next episode! I'll give it a 10/10 it wasn't perfect but I didn't see any faults.

19. Funnycupcakes

Funnycupcakes Well-Known Member

N's voice wasnt that bad. could be better. I enjoyed it. <3 you N :3

20. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

It is not really a mistake at all if you take time to think about it. Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh are all a single nation. Yes they are regions that are separate but they are all in a single nation. While it has been said more then once Unova is another region in ANOTHER nation. So James saying Unite the people within the nation makes sense since it is not "his nation like the other 4 regions were in so he can't say "our"