1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Name's N! (771)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Jan 24, 2013.

1. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

That's a huge stretch.

2. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Still possible and should shut people up or at least minimize the complaining

3. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

Fridge Brilliance FTW!!

4. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed this episode. N makes the anime mildly interesting and the battle with Team Rocket wasn't boring, as they were before.

But that's not the issue. He says "To unite the people within our nation".

5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Not really, given that these references were in the original script, and the dub just translated these lines straight. Doesn't mean the dubbers even have to know the wording is supposed to be a reference in the first place?

Wait, they didn't refer to it as such in the dub?

6. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

They did. Cilan identified it when using a map. Ash even annoyingly repeated it, as ever, in a bewildered tone.

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That is not a reference to the Japanese name.

They say "best wishes" in the Japanese version all the time. This is just them keeping the line.

8. matt0044

matt0044 Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel for every time, they did that same exact thing.

9. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Yeah but at least it was fitting, I'm a little surprised by that actually. XD It sounds just like N's voice from that BW2 promo trailer at times or is it?

10. Same here. I'll even say it was an excellent voice for N. It's a different VA. Tom Wayland played N in the trailer, while Nicholas DiMichele plays N in the anime (some things are similar, but some are really different in a good way).

TRio sucked in this episode in the dub, though. They're returning to their DP selves. XD.

11. EmphaticPikachu

EmphaticPikachu A tired little girl~

In terms of his voice, I liked it a lot.

It showed a sense of wonder...I like that.

Though he did sound a bit bored whenever he didn't have lines he was supposed to get fired up at.

/alsdjalsdajksd. why am I being picky? The voice sounds so nice...QQ

12. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

The episode was really good. I'm more focused on the opening in this episode, though. I really thought we were going to be stuck with the same one for Episode N and Da! I'm glad I was wrong! I'm so glad they changed the opening to clips of the Episode N opening! c:

13. Dragon Emperor

Dragon Emperor New Member

The dub perfected N's voice in my opinion, i think it suits him perfectly.
    On the topic of the TRio, can't they be funny without having to rhyme? If i wanted to hear rhymes in every episode i would go read a book of nursery rhymes or Dr Suess lol.

14. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

This was a pretty great episode. N was definitely one of the coolest characters I've ever seen in the entire pokemon series.

15. UnovaCastaway

UnovaCastaway Well-Known Member

N's anime voice sounds much better than the BW2 trailer. It's closer to what I imagined for him.

I am so glad they decided to change the intro! Keep up the good work, dubbers!

N was already my favorite character in the franchise, but in one episode he already has a better presence than Ash&co have been in a while and is genuinely interesting.

16. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Nice introduction for N, VA seems to be matching the Japanese VA well, also movie tie-in was handled nicely, only downside to this episode is TR.

17. RVD_fan

RVD_fan Well-Known Member

Can't complain about the VA they went with for N

18. ☭Azimuth_055☣

☭Azimuth_055☣ Thou enraged?

They really nailed N's dub voice alright. It sounds very fitting. I was kinda shocked at first, though.

19. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

So they did, my mistake. Sorry for the confusion Dephender.

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I don't like N in the games but I enjoyed him in this episode. I'd like to see if N is right that Zekrom will change Ash's future.