• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Name's N! (771)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It is not really a mistake at all if you take time to think about it. Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh are all a single nation. Yes they are regions that are separate but they are all in a single nation. While it has been said more then once Unova is another region in ANOTHER nation. So James saying Unite the people within the nation makes sense since it is not "his nation like the other 4 regions were in so he can't say "our"

That's a huge stretch.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

matt0044

It is not really a mistake at all if you take time to think about it. Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh are all a single nation. Yes they are regions that are separate but they are all in a single nation. While it has been said more then once Unova is another region in ANOTHER nation. So James saying Unite the people within the nation makes sense since it is not "his nation like the other 4 regions were in so he can't say "our"

Fridge Brilliance FTW!!

Aegon

I actually enjoyed this episode. N makes the anime mildly interesting and the battle with Team Rocket wasn't boring, as they were before.

But that's not the issue. He says "To unite the people within our nation".

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.

Not really, given that these references were in the original script, and the dub just translated these lines straight. Doesn't mean the dubbers even have to know the wording is supposed to be a reference in the first place?

We first see him in an abandoned laboratory which I assume was the P2 lab due to the appearance of the Genesect data.

Wait, they didn't refer to it as such in the dub?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.

That is not a reference to the Japanese name.

They say "best wishes" in the Japanese version all the time. This is just them keeping the line.

matt0044

Yeah but at least it was fitting, I'm a little surprised by that actually. XD It sounds just like N's voice from that BW2 promo trailer at times or is it?

Same here. I'll even say it was an excellent voice for N. It's a different VA. Tom Wayland played N in the trailer, while Nicholas DiMichele plays N in the anime (some things are similar, but some are really different in a good way).

TRio sucked in this episode in the dub, though. They're returning to their DP selves. XD.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
In terms of his voice, I liked it a lot.

It showed a sense of wonder...I like that.

Though he did sound a bit bored whenever he didn't have lines he was supposed to get fired up at.

/alsdjalsdajksd. why am I being picky? The voice sounds so nice...QQ

The episode was really good. I'm more focused on the opening in this episode, though. I really thought we were going to be stuck with the same one for Episode N and Da! I'm glad I was wrong! I'm so glad they changed the opening to clips of the Episode N opening! c:

Dragon Emperor

The dub perfected N's voice in my opinion, i think it suits him perfectly.
On the topic of the TRio, can't they be funny without having to rhyme? If i wanted to hear rhymes in every episode i would go read a book of nursery rhymes or Dr Suess lol.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty great episode. N was definitely one of the coolest characters I've ever seen in the entire pokemon series.

UnovaCastaway

N's anime voice sounds much better than the BW2 trailer. It's closer to what I imagined for him.

I am so glad they decided to change the intro! Keep up the good work, dubbers!

N was already my favorite character in the franchise, but in one episode he already has a better presence than Ash&co have been in a while and is genuinely interesting.

Battra

Nice introduction for N, VA seems to be matching the Japanese VA well, also movie tie-in was handled nicely, only downside to this episode is TR.

RVD_fan

Can't complain about the VA they went with for N

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
They really nailed N's dub voice alright. It sounds very fitting. I was kinda shocked at first, though.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
They did. Cilan identified it when using a map. Ash even annoyingly repeated it, as ever, in a bewildered tone.

So they did, my mistake. Sorry for the confusion Dephender.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't like N in the games but I enjoyed him in this episode. I'd like to see if N is right that Zekrom will change Ash's future.