• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NBA Club

Who should represent the Trailblazers?

• Vigaroth

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Zangoose

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

ysmr97

Lakers fan, huh? Gosh, we have a lot of fans of teams that're rebuilding, huh? So Zombie, what're your thoughts on D12?

I do agree that Dwight's play style didnt fit with D'Antonis system but without Dwight the Lakers are lacking a force inside unless Pau steps up but Lakers also amnestied Meta witch takes away alot from the defense IMO. Also we still don't know how Kobe will come back from injuries. I think the Lakers won't make playoffs this year. What does everyone else think?

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Holy **** you guys are alive. And also, there's a few new people. Not bad.

And also, WHY THE **** DID WE LET LIONEL HOLLINS GO

The Master Chief

I do agree that Dwight's play style didnt fit with D'Antonis system but without Dwight the Lakers are lacking a force inside unless Pau steps up but Lakers also amnestied Meta witch takes away alot from the defense IMO. Also we still don't know how Kobe will come back from injuries. I think the Lakers won't make playoffs this year. What does everyone else think?

I agree. I was extremely shocked about metta being amnestied. I still think the lakers will pull through though. However they need to step up to the challenge if they want to see the playoffs imo

ysmr97

I agree with ESPNs ranking of them being placed 12th in the West. And being a Knicks fan, I'm very happy Metta was Amnestied ;) Finally, this year we'll have more of a defensive side than just having Tyson.

How does everyone think the eastern conference will turn out? I'm thinking
1. Heat: LeBron is one of the best players in the NBA and he's only gonna get better. With the aquisition of Greg Oden theyre tougher inside, getting rid of a huge problem in their game. With a healthy Dwayne Wade, you'll have to pray for a win.
2. Bulls: D-Rose is back! Assuming he comes back in MVP form they won't get anything less. Jimmy Butler is great talent coming up who has alot of potential. With joakim working hard on the boards and boozers ability to score I wouldn't put anything past them
3. Pacers: a young group with alot of talent, they are contenders without a doubt. They took Miami to 7 and could have won if they had more depth on their bench. With aquisition of Luis Scola and return of Damny Granger, they are a force to be reckoned with
4. Knicks: With Metta World Peace on the team you gotta bring you A game when playin the Knicks. With Melo and JR's offense you have to be on your feet. Shumpert, Metta, and Tyson(although he choked in playoffs) are solid defenders and can lock teams down.
5. Brooklyn: With the trade of KG, Pierce, and Terry, you gotta watch the nets. With deron Willis running the point, Joe Johnson, and Brook Lopez, you already have solid players. Adding Kirilenko gives you a great bench. Only thing that worries me is age, but I don't expect to see it from the celtics trio in the post season
6. Cleveland: Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Dion Waitors, Andrew Bymum(assuming he actually plays), and Tristan Thompson is a lineup I'm dyeing to see. this team can do some but it all depends on the chemistry. We'll see what happens
7. Detroit: With Jennings, Chauncy, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, and Andrea Drummond, Brandon migh have been right when he said he'd make motor city lob city, once again it all depends on the chemistry but with a weak Eastern conference they can afford to lose a few
8. Washington: I like the thought of having Wall, Bradly, Nene, Otto Pirter, and okafor in the starting five with Trevor Ariza and Seraphin coming off the bench but as I said with Clevland and Detroit, it all depends on chemistry. Lets see what Wall can do in a full season.

The last three are interchangeable but that's what Im thinking as of now, I can't wait to read feedback on this and apologize for the long post. I would put spoilers but I don't know how to. Once again sorry for the long post and hope to hear feedback on this

ysmr97

How does everyone think the eastern conference will turn out? I'm thinking
1. Heat: LeBron is one of the best players in the NBA and he's only gonna get better. With the aquisition of Greg Oden theyre tougher inside, getting rid of a huge problem in their game. With a healthy Dwayne Wade, you'll have to pray for a win.
2. Bulls: D-Rose is back! Assuming he comes back in MVP form they won't get anything less. Jimmy Butler is great talent coming up who has alot of potential. With joakim working hard on the boards and boozers ability to score I wouldn't put anything past them
3. Pacers: a young group with alot of talent, they are contenders without a doubt. They took Miami to 7 and could have won if they had more depth on their bench. With aquisition of Luis Scola and return of Damny Granger, they are a force to be reckoned with
4. Knicks: With Metta World Peace on the team you gotta bring you A game when playin the Knicks. With Melo and JR's offense you have to be on your feet. Shumpert, Metta, and Tyson(although he choked in playoffs) are solid defenders and can lock teams down.
5. Brooklyn: With the trade of KG, Pierce, and Terry, you gotta watch the nets. With deron Willis running the point, Joe Johnson, and Brook Lopez, you already have solid players. Adding Kirilenko gives you a great bench. Only thing that worries me is age, but I don't expect to see it from the celtics trio in the post season
6. Cleveland: Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Dion Waitors, Andrew Bymum(assuming he actually plays), and Tristan Thompson is a lineup I'm dyeing to see. this team can do some but it all depends on the chemistry. We'll see what happens
7. Detroit: With Jennings, Chauncy, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, and Andrea Drummond, Brandon migh have been right when he said he'd make motor city lob city, once again it all depends on the chemistry but with a weak Eastern conference they can afford to lose a few
8. Washington: I like the thought of having Wall, Bradly, Nene, Otto Pirter, and okafor in the starting five with Trevor Ariza and Seraphin coming off the bench but as I said with Clevland and Detroit, it all depends on chemistry. Lets see what Wall can do in a full season.

The last three are interchangeable but that's what Im thinking as of now, I can't wait to read feedback on this and apologize for the long post. I would put spoilers but I don't know how to. Once again sorry for the long post and hope to hear feedback on this

I completely agree with you. I've been spitting out those numbers since this offseason xD One thing I'm happy about is that if the Knicks and the Nets are both 4th and 5th seed, they'll face off round one. Now, I'm not sure how it looks from the outside, but in NY, the rivalry is getting HEATED. With Paul Pierce and KG talking mad s***, this playoff rivalry is gunna be CUTTHROAT. I'm already saving up money for the tickets :p

Also, attenetion everyone. For the next 8 days, I will be on vacation! Feel free to post as much as you want! I'll only be on here once every 2 days or so.

Last edited:
I hope the Knicks and nets get matched up in the playoffs, then we'll see who truly rules NY. The regular season means nothing. It's the post season where you make history

ysmr97

I hope the Knicks and nets get matched up in the playoffs, then we'll see who truly rules NY. The regular season means nothing. It's the post season where you make history

Well, in the words of Raymond Felton, "how can they own NY when WE wear 'New York' on our chests?"And I so agree. I hope to see the Knicks make it past the Second Round this year, but with the increased competition in the East, I don't think that possible. If the Knicks are 4th or 5th seed, and make it to round 2, it will be against the winner of 1st vs. 8th seeds, right?

Well, in the words of Raymond Felton, "how can they own NY when WE wear 'New York' on our chests?"And I so agree. I hope to see the Knicks make it past the Second Round this year, but with the increased competition in the East, I don't think that possible. If the Knicks are 4th or 5th seed, and make it to round 2, it will be against the winner of 1st vs. 8th seeds, right?

I think so, meaning if they get 4-5th most likely they have to beat the heat, bulls or pacers. Don't mean to disrespect but I don't see them moving out of the 2nd round if that happens

ysmr97

I think so, meaning if they get 4-5th most likely they have to beat the heat, bulls or pacers. Don't mean to disrespect but I don't see them moving out of the 2nd round if that happens

Oh no, don't worry dude. I'm not that fan who says "AWW YEAH! WE'RE GOING ALL THE WAY!" I'm realistic. I definitely can see them in the 2nd Round, and if the injury bug hits their opponent this season instead of them, they could make it to the conference finals. But that's only about a 10% chance. Even in the CFs, they'll be eliminated in 5 games.