• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NBA Thread

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
With the new season (finally) upon us it seems right to create the new thread for it. Hopefully this will prove somewhat more successful than the last one and prove to be a great place to discuss all things NBA with others sharing this similar interest. So yea, go nuts guys.

Vernikova

Champion
I guess the Heat are the big story this year with the formation of a new "Big Three". I'm glad that the Celtics beat them though the Heat were getting a little close during the last few minutes. They beat the Magic this past Friday pretty handily though I'm just looking at the score because I didn't care about the teams playing. Anyway, I expect 56 wins or somewhere around there.

Anyway, now for my local teams. My Nets are 2-0. So that means we still have the chance to go undefeated. Hell yeah. The Knicks are 1-2. Not that I care but the Nets are doing better so that's a win for me I suppose.

I predict the Lakers VS the Thunder in the West and the Celtics VS Magic in the East. Not much parody in the NBA is shown in the post season since these teams are usually there now. The Heat will get in next season. I'll give my Finals picks later in the season.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I made this before the first game.

(1) Los Angeles Lakers

(2) Dallas Mavericks

(3) Utah Jazz

(4) Oklahoma City Thunder

(5) Portland Trailblazers

(6) San Antonio Spurs

(7) Houston Rockets

(8) Denver Nuggets

(1) Boston Celtics

(2) Orlando Magic

(3) Miami Heat

(4) Milwaukee Bucks

(5) Atlanta Hawks

(6) Chicago Bulls

(7) Washington Wizards

(8) New York Knicks

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I'm not a big NBA fan, but I think the champions this year will be either the Celtics or Lakers. Miami might come close, but I don't think they will win anything big. Lebron is still amazing, but I'm not so sure about Wade and Bosh.

Vernikova

Champion
I'd honestly like to know what's so special about Bosh. When compared to the other two, he really hasn't done anything really worthwhile that I can remember. Wade at least has won a NBA title while James has been a dominant force in the regular season for a while now. This is a honest question by the way.

skyliner34

Neutral ITM
I'd honestly like to know what's so special about Bosh. When compared to the other two, he really hasn't done anything really worthwhile that I can remember. Wade at least has won a NBA title while James has been a dominant force in the regular season for a while now. This is a honest question by the way.

Averging 20+ ppg and about 10 rpg? Just because he can't run breaks and cut the d like LBJ and wade doesn't mean he "hasn't done anything really worthwhile".

Given his toronto team, other than derozan and baragini, he's good.

Vernikova

Champion
Okay because I haven't payed any attention to him in forever since he doesn't have much post season success.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Bosh doesn't actually need to do anything on the team. In all honestly, I can't see why he should even be there, given Haslem is a much better interior defender - a job Bosh predominately does nowdays.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Bosh doesn't actually need to do anything on the team. In all honestly, I can't see why he should even be there, given Haslem is a much better interior defender - a job Bosh predominately does nowdays.

Yeah, Bosh doesn't really suprise me with any good plays (in offense). And my friend told me Chris doesn't have a impact on the Heat (not like LeBron). Hopefully, Lakers won't win this series. Atleast, a team that didn't win for awhile (Magics xD).

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Wall is for real then! I always thought he was overrated, but after today's amazing performance (in only his 3rd game!) I'm definately not thinking that now

Vernikova

Champion
He has to tone down on the turnovers though. I'm not going to call him the real deal since it's so early on but he had an impressive game last night.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
KEVIN LOVE! Incredible. Hopefully he gets the minutes he deserves now after one of the best all-round performances ever (IMO)

Prelude

Prelude
Averging 20+ ppg and about 10 rpg? Just because he can't run breaks and cut the d like LBJ and wade doesn't mean he "hasn't done anything really worthwhile".

Given his toronto team, other than derozan and baragini, he's good.
Bosh was the best person on the Raptors, so he got the ball the most. So he scored the most. Doesn't mean he can be put in the same category as the other superstars.

Vernikova

Champion
It's good to see the Nets second in their division. Sure, they're 4-6 and right now but second isn't that bad considering where they were last year. I'll take any improvement I can get from this team.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
You notice that the Western Conferenace division is always competitive most every year? I just notice today xD

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Yup, thats because the west is stacked with good teams (theres always one with a winning record that misses out). Out east theres about 5 - 6 if you include the Bucks. Huge differences

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah the West does have the better teams in my opinion but it's weird because since 2000, 9 out of the 10 teams to come out from the Western Conference were either the Lakers or the Spurs (The Mavericks being the other West team) with the Lakers making the last 3. It's not necessarily a bad thing though since there are teams that are up and coming such as the Thunder and the Spurs and Lakers are getting up there in age so yeah.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Spurs were supposed to be old years and years ago weren't they? Ha! They have a beast in the making in Tiago Splitter, as well as excellent shooters in James Anderson and Gary Neal (revelation!). Plus good solid pieces in DeJuan Blair and George Hill. And of course TP and Jeffferson aren't 30 yet, so the future is very safe for the Spurs. Spurs are my favourite team so I may have been a bit optimistic...

Vernikova

Champion
I would really worry about the Spurs since they do have those young players. They've won 50+ games for the last 11 seasons or something so yeah. That should help then with their playoff experience though they should try to not get ousted in the first round next time (Though they did get to the Conference Finals the year before).