• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Needs of Three (619)

JudySpell

Banned
Hunter J's death here was tragic and I felt bitter when it happened because she was DP's highlight for me. I wish she had survived. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Gary battling Saturn at Lake Valor was neat and I was surprised when Hunter J petrified all three pixies, tho sad that she died afterward. I liked when Ash's group teleported into Team Galactic's HQ too.

When I saw J helping catch Mesprit and the others and then die in the explosion, I was so hoping she'd survive and escape as always. I'm sad she didn't. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Seeing Gary in this episode was good, even though he couldn't really do much to save the Lake Trio, and I completely loved the demise of Hunter J. The glasses just sinking down was quite haunting.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The first 5 minutes or so was very poorly animated. The only good thing to come out this episode was Croagunk and Gary. The Legendaries were cute. Brock is finally accepted as an important character again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
When I saw J helping catch Mesprit and the others and then die in the explosion, I was so hoping she'd survive and escape as always. I'm sad she didn't. :(

Yea Hunter J seemed so good at escaping justice, so when her airship sank into the lake vortex, I assumed that she'd make a last minute ditch effort and survive. But then again even if she had, she would've just gotten arrested. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yea Hunter J seemed so good at escaping justice, so when her airship sank into the lake vortex, I assumed that she'd make a last minute ditch effort and survive. But then again even if she had, she would've just gotten arrested. ^^;

Better arrested than dead lol. If she had been arrested, she might have at least escaped later, which means we might have seen her make a comeback. Sigh...

Shayuin

Banned
I'm glad Team Rocket was able to get some screentime in this episode as well and I really liked their Galactic costumes as well. The animation was a bit iffy, but I enjoyed this episode overall.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hunter J may've suffered her greatest defeat, but I was impressed that she still finished her mission even at the cost of her life since the Ginga-dan managed to capture Yuxie, Emrit, and Agnome in the end.

Vulpicks

That was probably the most brutal thing I've seen in the series. Can't say J didn't have it coming. But yeah, she was a really awesome villain.

I can't help but feel that this was incredibly underwhelming for Gary's last appearance. I also don't understand how Saturn's Toxicroak is so absurdly strong. Gary has earned tons of badges and competed in multiple leagues. His Electivire beat a Pikachu that beat a Regice. There is no way that Toxicroak should be able to completely manhandle it like that.

Hunter J may've suffered her greatest defeat, but I was impressed that she still finished her mission even at the cost of her life since the Ginga-dan managed to capture Yuxie, Emrit, and Agnome in the end.
This is a good point. I think this is the only episode where she actually completes her mission onscreen lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
While I liked seeing Shigeru show up here, I didn't feel like he was needed since his small skirmish seemed pointless, although I was glad that he used his Blacky again.

Daizy

I call you honey
Poor Junter J had to perish, but since her job was hunting Pokemon and she wasn't needed any more, her character arc was effectively over. This was the conclusion that best fitted her character even if she was killed.

Scorbunnie

The worst part of the Galactic finale only because I never liked the Sinnoh fairies so I wasn't upset when they all got trapped. I was more mad that Hunter J was killed.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked seeing J's airship explode, possibly killing her, serves her right. Saturn's Toxicroak beating both Umbreon and Electivire was puzzling, and I was expecting Gary to use his Blastoise as well. I felt sad for the lake trio when they were possessed by the fragments of the Red Chain.
9/10

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Holy ****

I forgot how Hunter J just dies. Like no implications, she and her whole crew and all of the Pokémon on-board were murdered by the Lake Guardians. I mean, deserved. But damn. The Darkrai OST and commentary by Saturn in that scene make it so horrifying; like yes these old-as-the-universe creational beings looking into the future to kill someone is frightening. The windows breaking, the explosion, Hunter J’s shades floating away. Crazy

I don’t remember if this was a thing in the games but the implication in the anime that the Red Chain wasn’t made but rather resurrected, as in someone had used it prior, makes me so happy. This arc came out 13 years before PLA but it still shocks me how well the anime Galactic plot syncs up with some aspects of PLA so well.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Holy moly they really just killed off Hunter J. She was such a good villian but man this was pretty dark. The way the ship was going into the water and the glass broke and they screamed in horror, finally the ship blew up, that was both awesome and scary at the same time. Hunter J never returns after this I am convinced after all these years she is dead.

vondecayle

- For being legendary pokemon they sure got caught easily.

- Hunter J passing away was not something I was expecting out of the pokemon anime. I thought she was going to be a fugitive forever.

- Great touch with the glasses cracking and floating away.

- Good episode!