• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Needs of Three (619)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Azelf, Uxie & Mesprit!

After having a dream where Azelf, Uxie & Mesprit call out to them, Ash & Co. quickly discover that the legendary Pokémon are under attack by none other than Team Galactic. With Team Galactic recruiting Hunter J to assist in the capture, it seems certain that they will be captured. Will Ash & Co. be able to protect them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode. I loved to see how Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit were fighting against J.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Just saw the ep

AMAZING!!!!!

Is the only word

It starts off with the dream...........i didn't know it was dream and was like did i miss something?? lol
The dream pretty basic......foreshadows what's gonna happen to the fairies

Then it takes off

We see Hunter J in the sky and she drops something, like a bomb which serves the purpose of drawing Azelf out like a magnet.

Then it jumps to Gary on the ground (I loved this bit just because gary was back)
He calls in to Pro Birch obviously working with him to stop J
He has umbreon by his side and calls out Electivire to attack J's helicarrier i suppose
A dark pulse comes out of no where at Gary
Electivire intercepts and takes the hit and is weakened

Toxicroak and Saturn appear
They exchange chit chat
Battle ensues with Gary, sadly :(:(:(:(, getting his you know what handed to him by Saturn................You would think Gary would be strong enough to take him down

The machine then shines, whirpool in the lake forms with a small blue light coming out
Azelf appears.............I must say that machine was pretty cool
Azelf attacks J, could be saturn can't remember, who is riding Salamence (dirty minds)....pretty strong attack i must say
After a brief battle gets captured

Ash back in the poke centre goes wild with a headache at this
They run outside leaving for the lake......after Uxie and Mesprit teleport
Cynthia pulls up in her truck and tells them to get in
Her grandmother is contacted..............just though i'd mention that

At the other two lakes, Uxie and Mesprit appear, i think there was Galactic grunts there bu i'm not too sure
They teleport away
As Saturn picks up the frozen Azelf the other 2 pixies/Fairies whatever you wanna call them appear at the lake
They see Azelf frozen and get angry
Just as they are about to attack the same way Azelf did, Jupitar and Mars appear with Purugly and Skuntank and attack
The fairies dodge and get into a brief battle with some Golbat who the girls control

J and salamence then appear in front of them
The two fairies shoot some lighning kind of thing into the sky which doesn nothing.....yet
Then J shotos Mesprit and freezes it
Uxie surprised hits j, not salamence....J, with a full on attack but she shrugs it off and freezes it too

Gary too weak to do anything
J gives TG the remaining two fairies
As J is leaving in the helicarrier the lightning from earlier hits the ship
It goes down down down into the whirlpool from earlier and it sinks...with her and the crew in it
TG then leave in their copter as Gary falls to the ground downtrodden........i felt sad for the once great trainer at how pitiful he looked here like a baby sulking

Now for Team Rocket............i was wondering where they were today
They are flying in their ballon with wobbufett lokking around for something or someone
They then spot looker....also wondering where he was.....and land
They seem delighted to see him.....they must like him
They are outside the TG base by the way
They chat and then TR costume change into TG grunts
Looker smiles at this...............When i saw this i really got the thought of how good a team they would make as they both love being in disguise

Nearly finished now ;);)

In the TG base the 3 fairies are in tubes of some wet stuff prob water
Pluto/Charon then activates that red crystal we saw last episode and places one on each of the fairies head's where their own crystals are
They go all evil looking or possed

Now for one of the most weirdest thing i've seen in pokemon
ASH,DAWN AND BROCK GET APPARATED OUT OF THE TRUCK IN A FIZZLY SORT OF WAY AND INTO THE TG BASE!!!
Their everyone looked shocked
Charon laughs and says something
The 3 commanders are in the centre of the room
Pikachu and piplup with Ash and Dawn
Croagunk releases itself from it's pokeball
Saturn releases toxicroak who smirks at croagunk

Cyrus stops a fight from happening.....damn
Big long talk about real important stuff WHICH I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I DON'T SPEAK JAPANES ARGHHHH!!!

Golbat are released and so are Skuntank and Purugly

EPIC smack talk between Cyrus and Ash and some real good animation represnting intensity...don't ask me how it just feels that way lol
Cyrus orders an attack

Here we go!!!!

Golbat surround the gang Pikachu and Piplup use a thunderbolt/Bubblebeam combo to release the fairies from their galss
Croakunk and toxicroak charge towards each other

AND THEN...EVERYTHING FREEZES

AMAZING AND EPIC STILL IMAGE OF THE BATTLE THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT EPISODE

I';; contiunue this.....prob not as detailed...in the dialga and palakia ep thread

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
oh man, what an episode already. J was really effective with catching the pixies....and yeah her getting hit twice? Crazy, and then the part im confused about is Her ship crashing, glass breaking, all of them inside....and as its sinking we see her glasses float away.......Implied Death maybe? Between that and the flopping magicarp....i was very surprised but pleasantly surprised ha ha

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
my thoughts on the first part.

1.it's kinda sad to see someone of Gary's caliber fall down from grace, I mean sure i know Toxicroak is strong, but you'd think Gary's pokemon could handle it(especially since in the following episode Brock's Croagunk OHKO's the bloody thing.), seems to me his reserch work has really effected his training with his pokemon, and it shows big time, maybe he needs to go back to training for a bit cause he sure seemed mad he couldn't protect the pixies.

2.so the characters established mind links with the pixies? Geez and I thought Ash's aura thing way back when was crazy.

3.hopefully hunter J won't come back from that, seriously i've been waiting a long time to see her character put out to pasture (of course not going to the extreme of "killing" her, but perhaps she deserved this considering all the harm she's caused since she appeared.) but like others have been saying hopefully she don't come back now.

Overall I thought the episode was intresting, and the second part makes it even better, time to go review that part now.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Oh my frickin GOD that was epic. Yeah the Pixie capturing was a little too rushed and while it was AWESOME to see Gary again he hardly did anythign. But the part I liked the most was...well...UXIE AND MESPRIT KILLED J!!! Omg. Dude. the music playing when J's ship crashed into the ocean was intense and even more so when you see the windows in her ship crack and then water surges in followed by that intense explosion and the sounds of her henchmen screaming. OH MAN. AWESOME. And then the scene at the headquarters. That was intense too. @_@

Overall I loved this episode. Only disappointed by the easy capture of the pixies and not enough J, even though her ship crashing and exploding was intense. :D

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The three pixies fighting J was unexpected but it was epic.

As for the whole J dying thing, it's a little sad. I didn't think she'd go down like that.

8/10

BlueDragonfangirl

This was just freakin brilliant, one of my top favorite Pokemon episodes. One of my favorite parts of the episode was the talk between Cyrus and Ash. That was awesome. Over all yah, loved it.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
....J got pwned by Future Sight. Damn ShoPro, why?!

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Future Sight... ouch. That's all. It was amusing how J could take those blows and respond so quickly. That is one powerful woman. Best character, IMO. No, she's not dead.

ShoPro used two episodes to get rid of the villians they introduced in Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, so that they can focus on ending the Series before next Gen. Also, even though Charon isn't caught doesn't mean we get to see him again.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
How broken is Saturn's Toxicroak exactly?

Regardless, of all the three parts of this concluding arc, this specific episode was the best. Hunter J never fails to impress (See the thread in Anime Spoilers for my thoughts on J "dying"), and if this is the way she goes out, then she went out in some ****ing style. It's been eons since Gary had a role, and it was good to see him get a taste of the action here, no matter how insignificant he was.

STICKTOPIA

So this is how we see the last of J... w/e she was bound to be seen the last of sometime. Cyrus has officially gone crazy! I found it funny how Mars screamed... o wait that was the next episode.

Last edited:

dougtrio

Future Sight... ouch. That's all. It was amusing how J could take those blows and respond so quickly. That is one powerful woman. Best character, IMO. No, she's not dead.

Agreed, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she managed to escape her sinking ship.

csisps_26

Roark <3
Am I the only one thinking that her visor is floating down AFTER the ship because she got out?

Actually, no, you're not the only one.

Nice episode, I say. The explosion of J's ship... and her visor floating leaves an open ending for her, imo. It could mean she's dead OR alive.

Anyway, I felt that the presence of TR was unnecessary as they took away screen time that could've been used to contribute to the actual plot. As insignificant as Gary was, considering the fact that he was helping Professor Rowan, I'm happy he got more screen time than expected. I lol'd bad when I saw the scene where Ash & Co. were teleported away from Cynthia's vehicle to Team Galactic's HQ.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Hey, you know those bounty hunters. Even if they are thrown into sand-shark infested sands, they'll keep on coming back, like acne.

Nevertheless that was a hectic eppy.

Cobalt_Latios

my thoughts on the first part.

1.it's kinda sad to see someone of Gary's caliber fall down from grace, I mean sure i know Toxicroak is strong, but you'd think Gary's pokemon could handle it(especially since in the following episode Brock's Croagunk OHKO's the bloody thing.), seems to me his reserch work has really effected his training with his pokemon, and it shows big time, maybe he needs to go back to training for a bit cause he sure seemed mad he couldn't protect the pixies.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. What attack did he command for Umbreon anyways?

2.so the characters established mind links with the pixies? Geez and I thought Ash's aura thing way back when was crazy.
That's one thing. Them being teleported due to the pixies experiencing excruating paint, holy cr@p!! Cynthia was certainly surprised by this.

3.hopefully hunter J won't come back from that, seriously i've been waiting a long time to see her character put out to pasture (of course not going to the extreme of "killing" her, but perhaps she deserved this considering all the harm she's caused since she appeared.) but like others have been saying hopefully she don't come back now.
Not that it matters, but she could come back. If she has the equipment to mount successful captures, then no doubt she would have emergency equipment just in case. She's careful, that's one decked out ship.

I'm gonna say she may come back, but, we'll just have to see.

Overall I thought the episode was intresting, and the second part makes it even better, time to go review that part now.[/QUOTE]

How broken is Saturn's Toxicroak exactly?
At this rate, it seems more inconsistent than ol' Pika.

Regardless, of all the three parts of this concluding arc, this specific episode was the best. Hunter J never fails to impress (See the thread in Anime Spoilers for my thoughts on J "dying"), and if this is the way she goes out, then she went out in some ****ing style. It's been eons since Gary had a role, and it was good to see him get a taste of the action here, no matter how insignificant he was.
If this is how the writers "kill" off a character, kudos to them, it's taken a while, but it seems they're getting the hang of things. This makes me feel confident in their abilities. Which is definitely a good thing.
I found Gary was kind of thrown in there though, but he did at least try to do something (Electivire being affected by Dark Pulse, from Toxicroak begs me to wonder what was more broken; the villains or the actual heroes).

Am I the only one thinking that her visor is floating down AFTER the ship because she got out?
Yeah, now that I think about it, she must have abandoned ship. She obviously is a selfish wench, so I probably wouldn't be surprised if she did manage to escape (escape pod in the event of emergency? Knowing her, possibly).

I don't know if it was stated yet, but is it clear that Ash was surprised to see Cyrus?

Charon was downright hilarious; he sees the other trio appear, and then chuckles like the old man he is.

Part 2, goooood.

<C_L>

HoennMaster

Not too bad of an episode, Gary was pathetic though. Pointless in bringing him back. If this was the end of J, at least she went out with a bang....no pun intended.