• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW 5th Gen. Little Cup thread

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Since the Little Cup thread died back in May, I have decided to revive this metagame.

Little Cup was introduced back in the days of G/S/C when you can hatch baby pokemon at level 5. Each generation started in 3rd gen had banned pokemon, banned items, and even banned moves. With the introduction of the Eviolite in 5th gen., it is a standard item on most teams. It made defensive pokemon like Gligar, Ferroseed, Munchlax, etc. In this metagame, you don't need to use 252 EVs to max out a stat. Instead, look at this guide to see how many EVs you need to put in a stat. Stall isn't too common in here because people will be packing plenty of power to deal with Eviolite defensive pokemon.

Now that this short explanation is over, here are the rules:
The Pokémon must be able to evolve.
The Pokémon must be the earliest evolution stage obtainable.
The Pokémon must be at Level 5.
The Pokémon/Item/Ability must not be on the Ubers list.
No Illegal move sets, which can be found here.
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-KO Clause
Dragon Rage and Sonicboom are banned

Here is the Ubers list:
Carvanha
Gligar
Meditite
Misdreavus
Murkrow
Scyther
Sneasel
Tangela
Vulpix
Yanma
Berry Juice
Moody

Here are the pokemon that can be used in LC along with move-sets for most of them

Final words: Little Cup is a completely different metagame from OU. As we all know, Reuniclus is good in OU, but its 1st form Solosis is bad in LC. Another Example would be Snorlax. Sure it's bad in OU, but its 1st form Munchlax in an excellent defensive pokemon because of Eviolite and Thick Fat. Everyone knows Unnerve (prevents berries to be used) is a bad ability in the other metagames, but in LC, it's actually very useful because Leftovers is a terrible item for HP recovery while Oran Berry is a very good way to recover your HP. Having exactly 19 HP (as your max HP.) is very important if you're gonna run a set with a Life Orb because you only take 1 HP as recoil instead of 2 if you have 20 or more HP (as your max HP). Speed and Power are important when considering a pokemon for your team since most of the time you'll be facing defensive pokemon with Eviolite equipped. I would highly recommend a pokemon with Knock Off in your team so that you can deal with defensive pokemon easier. Also,something that I learned while doing some little cup battles is that Speed matters (unless you're a wall.) because if you have your max speed as 14 and your running a Choice Scarf set, your speed becomes 21 and you'll outspeed most of the metagame except for other Choice Scarf pokemon with a Speed stat higher than 14.

Feel free to discuss your experience/thoughts on Little Cup and some of the LC pokemon.

ultimatedarkrai

Forbidden Empire!
i just wanna go out there and say that i love lc!

and solosis btw is actually good when trick room is up

EDIT: oh yea and in lc you should probably mention that speed is everything unless you are a wall

irock245

She wants it
Yes no dragon rage is banned(i think, it wasn't in the banned list you made)

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Ah, I forgot about Dragon Rage and Sonicboom as Dragon Rage OHKO every pokemon while Sonicboom ohko most of the pokemon. Thanks for mentioning that.

Scarf Charmander with Dragon Rage=GG. That is why it is banned. I wonder how well it works in LC Ubers. I bet it's banned there too, but I'm not much of a LC player.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
I want to have some fun with this tier, so I have a question.

Along with Dragon Rage and Sonicboom, are also Selfdestruct and Explosion banned?

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
ummm, Munchlax is the only viable pokemon for Leftovers as with 32HP it can get 2 HP iirc. also you should mention that DeepSeaTooth (or Scale) is banned because Clamperl CAN shell smash and with DeepSeaTooth it has a More powerful LO with the ability to change moves w/o the recoil, that's REALLY broken and Scraggy, because of Dragon Dance iirc. Also yay for LC.
Basic Facts about LC:
-19 is the MAGIC number: Most Sweeper's have this speed and for Life Orb Damage.
-Oran berry FTW. Especially on Harvest Exeggcute Endless Oran Berry MADNESS
-252/252/4 Sets are a Big NO NO, the EV's in LC are COMPLETELY different ;D

teehee.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Hmm....I just might try this! Looks like Permaweather is restricted to sand and hail.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
No. Self KO clause means if your last Pokemon uses Selfdestruct and kills your opponent's last Pokemon, the exploder does not win, he loses.

I love it when people don't know what they're talking about...
ALSO, why is SB Torchic not banned? Carvanha and Yanma were both banned pretty much just because of SB, so why not torchic???

ultimatedarkrai

Forbidden Empire!
ALSO, why is SB Torchic not banned? Carvanha and Yanma were both banned pretty much just because of SB, so why not torchic???

torchics overall stats and typing and maybe movepool werent even enough to make it common in lc OU while the rest have good (enough) movepools great attacking stats and typing that isnt destroyed by SR

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
torchics overall stats and typing and maybe movepool werent even enough to make it common in lc OU while the rest have good (enough) movepools great attacking stats and typing that isnt destroyed by SR

Bug-Flying? Heh, that can shake off SR like it's nothing.
Also, 60/70/45 is not that bad for a friggin' LC poke, and SB lets it (possibly) get off a mixed set easily.
Movepool? Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Reversal, Hidden Penis Power, Flame Charge (for extra redundancy), Swords Dance... Not TOO many options, but with proper support, it could outspeed a lot of the meta.
(Just realized an endure-reversal set could work, especially due to SB and swords dance access, because priority really isin't too common, and after +3 speed after jolly max speed (Easily achived with protect and whatnot), it'll out speed lotsa stuffs, including scarfers.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig

SB Torchic is not banned because it's only available at Lv 10 and are male only along with the other starters.