• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth_Strife

I haven't watched the anime in years. I remember going over to friends' houses and watching the tv series and the movies, but we didn't watch that much. Once the Johto series started, we stopped.

Ahaha I remember this one episode, where Ash was getting pulled by some Pokemon while on a skateboard, and he met Gary. Gary was getting pulled by his Arcanine, and Ash held out a Pokeball stating, "Let's see how Arcanine does in battle!" But there was some hesitation between "does" and "in battle", so we made a ton of jokes about how it took him so long just to finish his sentence. ...It was one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

qwadma

i don't watch the anime i remember the latios latias movie that my friend has
i think foxievulpixie is going to join i suggested the idea to him/her

Nice, well we hope to see him/her soon :D
What about the card game, does anybody still play that? I think a new set is coming out in February that includes Giratina and Shaymin

Penguinist Trainer

I used to play the card game back when it 1st came. I was really into playing TCGs back then. Then someone stole my whole collection of pokemon cards. I have never played a card game since. It always sucks how it only takes 1 person to ruin a good time.

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
I've gotten back into the card game, bought a pack for fun when I bought shadows of almia and it's sorta grown into an obsession since then. The pack you're refering to is the platinum boosters, I'm going to a pre-release for them on the first saturday of febuary (gonna cost me £20 :/) hope it's decent.

Dig-kun

Hi, sorry for not being active
but i could get sometime to get on
=D

so, how are things here?
^^
I'm missing so much the forum
T-T
cant wait for the news to the tourney

I want to go to a prerelease tournament for Platinum, but I'm not sure if anywhere close by is offering one. The only one on the website in all of Texas is in El Paso, and I live in Dallas and there's no way I'm going several hundred miles for a few hours of playing. I suspect there will probably be an event close-by, I just don't know where it is.

Dig-kun

I want to go to a prerelease tournament for Platinum, but I'm not sure if anywhere close by is offering one. The only one on the website in all of Texas is in El Paso, and I live in Dallas and there's no way I'm going several hundred miles for a few hours of playing. I suspect there will probably be an event close-by, I just don't know where it is.

What do u mean by prerelease tournament?
For getting it 4 free as a prize?

=P
dunno, xD

Nah, a prerelease tournament is where everybody gets something like 6 booster packs to make a deck and then competes with that deck to receive more booster packs. The prerelease part is the fact that all the booster packs are from a set that hasn't started being sold yet, for instance I'll be going this weekend to a prerelease tournament but the Platinum set doesn't get released until 2/11/09.

qwadma

ah i have been in a prerelease for yu gi oh i used to be addicted i even had a card worth alot like the chance of getting it is that of a shiny except you can't chain or anything because it's a tcg it was a rainbow dragon or something two versians of those 1 limited edition buy it in a special box set bot no matter what will contain the card 2 non limited get extremely lucky with a booster pack so lucky i can't believe i traded it oh well i was stupid then should have sold it but now i don't do any tcg instead i do warhanmer 40k not the game the models you buy then build then paint then battle using a dice to see what kills what it is so fun mayby i will post a club about it...

glenn7lhy

UTevent collector
I would like to join.

The reason for this is that when i got my first hadou mew from the GTS, it looked fine, but then i felt like getting another and it was exactly identical. this meant i had to release them and that really annoyed me.

As an event collector, i would not of kept them anyway

(i already had mew in my dex legally as i went to the Aura event)

Dig-kun

I would like to join.

The reason for this is that when i got my first hadou mew from the GTS, it looked fine, but then i felt like getting another and it was exactly identical. this meant i had to release them and that really annoyed me.

As an event collector, i would not of kept them anyway

(i already had mew in my dex legally as i went to the Aura event)

Welcome
^^
Be active with us against the cloning!
=D

arcanumghost:
I have caught em all legitimaely (except Arceus, of course)
So, I'm not trying anymore
=D

Quilava Kirby

Nintendo Fanboy
I would like to join. Cloning is almost as bad as hacking in my opinion. (with cloning you atleast have to have the pokemon to clone another; hacking means you can just hack 20 arceus before the event even happens.)

@arcanumghost:Yes I am, actually. With Emerald + Leaf Green + Colloseum + XD Gale of Darkness + Diamond + Pearl(My brother has one) + My Pokemon Ranch + PR:SoA + Plat. (when it comes out) all that I can't get are Celebi, Deoxys, and maybe Jirachi (Don't know if Emerald can download one from Coloseum's bonus disc).

If you can't get Jirachi from emerald via the disc, I could help you, but it won't be any time soon. I've got a lot of playing to do before I can reset my ruby/sapphire and get another Jirachi. The other two you'll have to work out otherwise. Too bad you apparently missed the Deoxys event at gamestop, that's where I got mine.

Dig-kun

The events are really unfair
I hate when they are just in a single area of the world, like US or Canada (even though I'm in canada now)

I prefer if they're wifi like the platinum ones
=D
It'd be really nice and everyone would be able to get them
^^

dubiOUS

I'd like to join. Cloning and hacking are cheap and dirty and they take all the fun out of playing the games.

I'll see if I can get my cousin to join.

Alrighty, new question: Who here is actually trying to "catch 'em all"? And obviously if you're a part of this club, you're doing it legitimately

Well, I've been trying to complete my Pokédex in Diamond, but I haven't had much spare time...

randomspot555

While I am trying to "catch them all", hacking has become so advanced that it's impossible to tell a properly done hack from one caught/hatched legitimately in-game. This is evidenced that my fairly vast collection of GBA events only had 2 or so bad eggs on PBR, whereas over a dozen of my EV trained Pokes got turned into Bad Eggs.

So the best I can say is that my dex adventures so far haven't had any blatantly hacked Pokemon.

I'd like to join. Cloning and hacking are cheap and dirty and they take all the fun out of playing the games.

I'll see if I can get my cousin to join.
Great, it's nice to meet you! If you do have your cousin join, make sure he refers you as the person who got him to join... you'll earn extra points if he becomes an active member.

While I am trying to "catch them all", hacking has become so advanced that it's impossible to tell a properly done hack from one caught/hatched legitimately in-game. This is evidenced that my fairly vast collection of GBA events only had 2 or so bad eggs on PBR, whereas over a dozen of my EV trained Pokes got turned into Bad Eggs.

So the best I can say is that my dex adventures so far haven't had any blatantly hacked Pokemon.
Hacking has certainly become a problem, but I'd say cloning is even worse. It's literally untraceable because it's just copying legitimate data multiple times. If you found out you traded a really rare or hard to catch pokémon like Mewtwo or Jirachi for say... Celebi, and realized the person on the other side has 10 more Celebi exactly like yours, wouldn't you feel cheated?

Status
Not open for further replies.