• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi! A discussion topic then. I wanna know what you guys think of other things that are similar to pokémon cloning. For example, even though it's far less difficult to perform, copying a music file and sending to a buddy is ethically and functionally similar to cloning a pokémon. Or think of another example, find a way that it relates to cloning pokémon, say what you think about it... etc etc... and go!

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Oi! A discussion topic then. I wanna know what you guys think of other things that are similar to pokémon cloning. For example, even though it's far less difficult to perform, copying a music file and sending to a buddy is ethically and functionally similar to cloning a pokémon. Or think of another example, find a way that it relates to cloning pokémon, say what you think about it... etc etc... and go!

In my view, thats a very different thing. I am not really against the cloned pokemon, but more at the people that clone them. Like in Leebui's first post, they still keep their legends. But if someone clones a pokemon and trades it to someone else, and then I trade with the person, I wouldnt say no if I heard it was cloned. They just have one, so they dont get to keep the legendary. And with copying a music file, well, its not like they are trading it or anything but, I am not if it is even legal..... I may be wrong. :D

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
To All Cloners RE:

This is a message to all Cloners:

Just raise the pokemon, why clone?
You want a shiny? Well work for it, no matter how many hours, days or months.
A person who likes cloning may say:
"Aww you have a Shaymin! Can you clone it for me?"
You should say:
"How about you go and get it in the event?
Cloning is a form of cheating, never cheat and play by the rules please!

Stop cloning it is not a good thing.

I wish to join this club...

t6r7

This is a message to all Cloners:

Just raise the pokemon, why clone?
You want a shiny? Well work for it, no matter how many hours, days or months.
A person who likes cloning may say:
"Aww you have a Shaymin! Can you clone it for me?"
You should say:
"How about you go and get it in the event?
Cloning is a form of cheating, never cheat and play by the rules please!

Stop cloning it is not a good thing.

I wish to join this club...

You can join. And yuur message is true, but we are all anti-cloners. We dont clone :D And, for all the time I have been in this club, people seem to think that cloning will be in the games for ever. It will be because of AR, but the in-game cloning i am not sure. Oh, and just a reminder, this club is not to stop cloning, cause we cant :)

Last edited:

Sephiroth_Strife

I think that it's a little different. While you are copying/cloning the song data, the artist that created it is making millions on that single song alone regardless. The folks at GF certainly get their due with the $35 games that sell millions of copies (Japan sold-out of HGSS anyone?), they don't charge people per pokemon caught, so you're not really ripping themselves off. They've gotten their money, so who's really gonna care if people copy their pokemon? Players have been doing it since the R/B/Y days.

-Ash-

PokéManiac Ash
Can i join ^^ Cloning is a clever idea, but shouldn't be used to clone event pokemon.

t6r7

You both can join. There is little chat lately, so hope you can give the club life :D

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Six Darkrai?

Hmm

Yes, so i was battling this guy and he had six darkrai (o_0)

That was really a shame and to make it worse, all of them had the same moveset!
I slayed him with one Pokemon by the way >_>
Cloning is really made for lazy people who have not the time to capture the Pokemon and raise it...If so i don't think that they should even purchase the game.

t6r7

Hmm

Cloning is really made for lazy people who have not the time to capture the Pokemon and raise it...If so i don't think that they should even purchase the game.

Haha.Sucker. So which with pokemon did you kill those darkrai?

Ammako

Hmm

You can't just go and say "Don't buy the game 'cause you're not playing it the same way as I do."
By the way, being lazy =/= not having the time.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
You can't just go and say "Don't buy the game 'cause you're not playing it the same way as I do."
By the way, being lazy =/= not having the time.

Listen to this....when i say "Lazy" i do not mean not having the time, if they didn't have the time, why did they clone instead of waiting until they had the time or even making time. that is not an escuse for cloning and what do you mean by "you're not playing it the same way as i do"?
I don't think you read my statement clearly.

Haha.Sucker. So which with pokemon did you kill those darkrai?

I used a Salamance (it's not really on my team, i just EV trained it and decided to use it.)

Ammako

if they didn't have the time, why did they clone instead of waiting until they had the time or even making time.
Because they wanted to actually play the game?
When you get a game, and you don't have much time to play, you're going to want to actually play it, not waste your free time.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Because they wanted to actually play the game?
When you get a game, and you don't have much time to play, you're going to want to actually play it, not waste your free time.

I think i have your point but don't you think that they should MAKE time? tell me what could you do in your free time? if you actually wanted the game you'll play it am i wrong? and i am talking about cloning, is that an escuse for cloning Pingouin7? this is the ANTI-cloning club.

Bottom line : If you really want the game you probably should make the time to "actually play it" instead of "wasting your free time"

I do not know if this is adequate to debate against your answer but what do you think?

Ammako

I think i have your point but don't you think that they should MAKE time? tell me what could you do in your free time? if you actually wanted the game you'll play it am i wrong? and i am talking about cloning, is that an escuse for cloning Pingouin7? this is the ANTI-cloning club.

Bottom line : If you really want the game you probably should make the time to "actually play it" instead of "wasting your free time"

I do not know if this is adequate to debate against your answer but what do you think?
What are you talking about?
They get the game, they want to play it but they don't have that much time to do all the training. So instead of using all the time they have to train and all that, they clone so they can start playing it right away.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
What are you talking about?
They get the game, they want to play it but they don't have that much time to do all the training. So instead of using all the time they have to train and all that, they clone so they can start playing it right away.

Look okay i see your point.

Not meaning to shut down any of the things we're talking about, but a friend of mine in my Eastern Religion class wants me to clone my shiny Ralts for her. Obviously I won't because I hate cloning, but she really wants it to play with, even though I worked really hard on obtaining it. She's also kind of a casual player compared to several of us here at serebii (no shinies or events), and doesn't really have anything I'd want to trade a rare shiny for. Even though it's untouched, I'm considering letting her borrow it and play with my Ralts and then taking it back when she's "done" with it. What do you guys think? Or ignore my question since it's kinda a silly personal dilemma.

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Well, honestly arcanum, my first question would be what nature is it? Lol, because I have a thing for gallades at the minute a shiny one would be really nice. But anyway, to your dilema, with the berries around that can reset the EVs of a pokemon it's entirely plausable that you could lend her the pokemon, let her work with it and raise it and when she sends it back you blank its evs incase you want to train it yourself. The problem with a pokemon like ralts is if you want a certain evoloution of it, since kirlia will evolve to gardevoir at a relativly low level (compared to the level nessecary to beat the elite 4) you'd have to decide if you wanted to give her the freedom to evolve it how she likes, tell her what she's got to evolve it into or have her keep it as a kirlia using an everstone. That's the only real problem I see with 'lending' her your shiny ralts. On a side note, I'm wondering what I did with my pearl version. I started raising a competative team, then gave up, but that was after I was trying to get a bunch of rare candy finding zigzagoons so I could try the RNG shiny method. I might go back to that if I bother to look for my game, that way I can actually get my first shiny on pearl. I was upset that my sister got a pre-owned diamond version and then on her first run-through found a shiny shinx =(

Well, sorry to disappoint you yougirasu, but my shiny ralts is a female. I suppose I'll tell her she can borrow it then, since it's kinda foolish to just keep a shiny ralts in the box forever ^^. And I'm sorry you can't find pearl, I hate it when stuff like that happens...

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Okay, people we need some life!

I lectured my friend today and he finally saw how bad cloning was and released all of his 47 clones!! ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.