• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Guys, I know there's been a lot of talk about a tourney amongst us, but I've realised that there's going to be a DS tourney at the league I go to so I'd like to get your opinions on what I've got on my mind for a team.
I'm gonna put this next bit in bold so people will actually notice it (just incase they normally wouldn't)I don't want to go all out OU style with my team and anything that I say is definatly on my team will be there unless you have a good reason to suggest otherwise, moves however can be discussed. I'm also going to stick a post like this in the rate my team section later but I want your opinions first...

Anyway, these first 2 are the ones I'm definatly having in (although the second one I'm not sure what style to go for...

Togekiss, Calm, Ability. Serene Grace, Item. Leftovers
EV's:252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
Moves: Thunder Wave, Air Slash, Roost, Aura Sphere

Gallade(1), Adamant, Ability. Steadfast, Item. Focus Sash
EV's:56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Moves: Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Taunt, Destiny Bond

Why Focus Sash when SR is very common these days and you have 56 HP EVs?

(2), Adamant, Ability. Steadfast, Item. Leftovers/Wide Lens
EV's:252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
Moves: Close Combat, Night Slash, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp

I'm questioning the need for two status moves on the same Pokemon.

Advice on which Gallade set is appreciated, I've got 5 other thoughts for members of my team so suggest the best 4 out of them or of something else you think might be better,

Forretress, Relaxed , Ability. Sturdy, Item. Shed Shell
EV's: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def (0 spd IV)
Moves:Toxic Spikes, Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, Earthquake/Rest

Fine. I see no problem.

Scizor, Adamant, Ability. Technician, Item. Choice Band
EV's: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Moves: U-turn, Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Superpower/Brick Break

Again, fine.

Rhyperior, Impish, Ability. Solid Rock, Item. Leftovers
EV's: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 SpD
Moves: Earthquake, Megahorn, Avalanche, Stealth Rock

Dump Megahorn for Stone Edge or Rock Slide.

Breloom, Adamant, Ability. Poison Heal, Item. Toxic Orb
EV's: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Moves: Spore, Stun Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb

If you're going to use Focus Punch, you may want to use Substitute as well.

Abomasnow, Modest/Mild, Ability. Snow Warning, Item. Choice Specs
EV's:4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Blizzard, Energy Ball, Hid Power: Fire, Focus Punch

This really doesn't fit with the team. Dump it.

I think you may need another Special attacker and something Special defensive too. Ampharos, perhaps, or Latias? A Rotom Forme could work, too.

Thanks for any help and I'll let you know how it goes...

Comments in bold. Good luck!

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Thanks for your advice a person, in response to your gallade comments, the first one would work more as an anti-lead poke rather than anything else, that's the reason for the Focus Sash and the hp Ev's are supposed to help with multiple weaker attacks that wouldn't go for a 1HKO. The double status Gallade is more of a supporter, I was planning on using Thunder Wave with that gallade rather than Will-O-Wisp so I could either avoid adding any speed EV's or just reduce the number and put them in as Def EV's as it has a pretty poor defence and a great looking SpDef. Abomasnow was really in there as a special attacker, I was looking along the lines of something BL but I'll take a look at the 2 you suggested and might even get them ready(If I can ever find my GBA Games, I've got ruby but my emerald has gone walkies). I've got a pineco and a togepi that I'm going to work on breeding tomoz, try and get some decent IV's on them.

*Just looking at what you suggested and wondering why you suggested Ampharos, since it'd come under NU, can it really stand up against OU's. Also I might see if I can e-mail them or something at some point, see what the general rules might be as I know at least one of the people who might compete has a cheat device and has pokes such as Arceus and a Wonder Guard Spiritomb...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Ampharos has 90/75/90 base Defenses and 115 Base Attack.

So, yeah, it does stand a chance.

striker

I AM THAT IS
Lmao, you guys are worried about cloning....? There are more serious threats out there, made in ways that you couldnt even imagine.

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Well, I'm going to look at getting a good latias first, but I'll definatly consider using the ampharos if I can't get one. I'm still stuck as to which gallade to use though, if I was to use the double status style Gallade, which other poke would be best as a lead?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Seeing as your team has a lot of status in it already, I'd say to go for the anti-lead.

Oh, and before you think about an Ampharos set, I wasn't thinking when I stated it's stats. It's really 115 Special Attack. My bad.

Last edited:

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Yeah, I was looking at ampharos just now and saw that... Okay, I'll go for the anti lead. I want to get on my game now and start breeding my pineco and evolve my togepi so I can breed that but my mum's on a clean freak and everyones got to get involved =/ I just managed to get away before she managed to think or more things that needed cleaning. Oh, one more thing before I forget, even if I remove the Abomasnow and put in an Ampharos/Latias I'll have 7 pokes, any suggestions as to which one I would be best removing?

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Well, those two will be the hardest for me to get my hands on/evolve but I may look into type coverage and how well I can cover the weaknesses of the whole team before I make a definate decision on them. I'll look at it tomoz though while I'm breeding more pinecos, I took a little time out and only managed to get 1 male relaxed pineco and I've no idea about it's IVs, I was planning on going against my sisters diamond game at lvl 100 when I had 6 of them to see what they're like but at this rate I'll be working flat out to get them ready. =( Good job I don't have to sleep to much, I can stay up and work on them. I'll just have to set an alarm to get me up in the mornings...

SladeJT

Uh... hi. Are you guys accepting new members? Before you ask, I wasn't referred, I just stumbled upon this thread. Also, to clear this up just in case, I don't use Gamesharks or Action Replays and the only time I got a Pokemon through manipulation of in-game mechanics was a Mew in Pokemon Red or Yellow (I forget which, but it's definitely in my party in Yellow).

I'm going to put the icon in my sig as soon as I finish my own Trainer Card. I'm getting a bit tired of having just text showing but I also need to change one of the icons in it for a more accurate Party representation.

Dig-kun

Guys, I know there's been a lot of talk about a tourney amongst us, but I've realised that there's going to be a DS tourney at the league I go to so I'd like to get your opinions on what I've got on my mind for a team.
I'm gonna put this next bit in bold so people will actually notice it (just incase they normally wouldn't)I don't want to go all out OU style with my team and anything that I say is definatly on my team will be there unless you have a good reason to suggest otherwise, moves however can be discussed. I'm also going to stick a post like this in the rate my team section later but I want your opinions first...

Anyway, these first 2 are the ones I'm definatly having in (although the second one I'm not sure what style to go for...

Togekiss, Calm, Ability. Serene Grace, Item. Leftovers
EV's:252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
Moves: Thunder Wave, Air Slash, Roost, Aura Sphere

Gallade(1), Adamant, Ability. Steadfast, Item. Focus Sash
EV's:56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Moves: Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Taunt, Destiny Bond
(2), Adamant, Ability. Steadfast, Item. Leftovers/Wide Lens
EV's:252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
Moves: Close Combat, Night Slash, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp

Advice on which Gallade set is appreciated, I've got 5 other thoughts for members of my team so suggest the best 4 out of them or of something else you think might be better,

Forretress, Relaxed , Ability. Sturdy, Item. Shed Shell
EV's: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def (0 spd IV)
Moves:Toxic Spikes, Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, Earthquake/Rest

Scizor, Adamant, Ability. Technician, Item. Choice Band
EV's: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Moves: U-turn, Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Superpower/Brick Break

Rhyperior, Impish, Ability. Solid Rock, Item. Leftovers
EV's: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 SpD
Moves: Earthquake, Megahorn, Avalanche, Stealth Rock

Breloom, Adamant, Ability. Poison Heal, Item. Toxic Orb
EV's: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Moves: Spore, Stun Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb

Abomasnow, Modest/Mild, Ability. Snow Warning, Item. Choice Specs
EV's:4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Blizzard, Energy Ball, Hid Power: Fire, Focus Punch

Thanks for any help and I'll let you know how it goes...

I suggest a Choice Banded Gallade or S.Dance, as you already have Scizor as CBand, u can use the S.Dance one, use it when your opponent WILL switch, then you set while the opponent switches, though its Speed isnt that great, neither his Defense, so the opponent can switch to a faster physical sweeper ;p

Forretress: Use Explosion instead of an attacking move there, u choose which one u take off, Id say EQ

Scizor: SuperPower, no BrickBreak, u'll usually switch after defeating a poké, as the opponent will use a pokémon strong against fighting and etc

Breloom: Not Stun Spore and Spore at the same set, take off Stun Spore and replace for Substitute. Strategy: Let the pokemon sleeping, while it switches u set Substiture, then the opponent will have to use a strong move against it to break the Subs, but you'll recover HP with Toxic Orb and defeat it with the attckin moves.

Abomasnow: I personally prefer a Scarfed one ;p
U'll be faster than Gengar with Scarfed + nature, why HP Fire? =o

Well, these are my suggestions I think ^^

@Lord_rafic:
Leebui, the owner is gonna add your name there as soon as he can

Atreus

That's what she said
Hello, my name is Atreus. I live in the UK and I would like to join the club. I used to clone a lot, but I quitted since I lost my Jirachi because of clonning.

Sephiroth_Strife

. . .the only time I got a Pokemon through manipulation of in-game mechanics was a Mew in Pokemon Red or Yellow (I forget which, but it's definitely in my party in Yellow).
Ahaha! Yesss... I know that glitch. I loved doing that. My friend still has the Mew I got for him on his Yellow.

To striker: You are, of course, aware of the fact that we're talking about cloning in Pokemon games, right? Not human cloning, not cloning of actual living, breathing creatures to make an army or anything like that. And my guess is the threat of someone causing actual harm via Pokemon games is very, very small. "Trade me your UT Celebi, or your mom gets it! That's right. I'm in your kitchen, holding the cleaver to her throat! Now TRADE!"

Tara

Spare time trainer
Hey all!

I saw the sig of Sephiroth_Strife in another topic and I definetly would like to join you... i am 100% against cloning and find that it really screw the fun of others...

I do not know exactly everything that it implies to join a club, but I can be very active during the week if you let me join :) Give me news!

Thanks for the admission! :) ;303;

Last edited:

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
Woah I haven't been on in a while... anything happening?
I saw the sig of Sephiroth_Strife in another topic and I definetly would like to join you... i am 100% against cloning and find that it really screw the fun of others...

I do not know exactly everything that it implies to join a club, but I can be very active during the week if you let me join Give me news!
Welcome to the club. :) Just add a banner linking to this club from the first page in your signature.

Edit: Looked at the last page, if were gonna have a tourney, what will the prize be? And also:
Rule 1: No cloned Pokemon. :)

Last edited:

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
Hello, my name is Atreus. I live in the UK and I would like to join the club. I used to clone a lot, but I quitted since I lost my Jirachi because of clonning.

OoO well welcome to the club please remain active. :D enjoy your stay

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Hmm. On reflection, now it's friday, I don't think I'll be entering into the tourney at my local league. I only have 5 out of the 6 bred and I'm only part way through EV training the first one. I may see if it runs a double side to it and if not have 'fun' matches against my mates there 3 on 3 to get used to competative battling. I'll definatly be considering entering the tourney here if a date's decided and I have enough time to sort out the rest of my team or put in changes. I've definatly got things to think about and a whole lot of battle tower items to get a hold of, lol.

Dig-kun

Hmm. On reflection, now it's friday, I don't think I'll be entering into the tourney at my local league. I only have 5 out of the 6 bred and I'm only part way through EV training the first one. I may see if it runs a double side to it and if not have 'fun' matches against my mates there 3 on 3 to get used to competative battling. I'll definatly be considering entering the tourney here if a date's decided and I have enough time to sort out the rest of my team or put in changes. I've definatly got things to think about and a whole lot of battle tower items to get a hold of, lol.

You'll have enough time, we're still checking who's gonna join us
=p
then I'll count with you
=D

Chelc

Guys, just disregard his post. It's been dealt with. :p I'm deleting your posts because they're one-liners off topic, just so you know.

Back to topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.