• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knnthh

Lightey told me to join , so i decided to do it .

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..

Lightey

Welcome to the club both of you. Knnth add a banner to your sig please just like your friend Lightey has.Also why are you all against cloning?

I just don't like having the same Pokemon as someone else. At least, not the exact same. It feels weird having just a copy instead of the real thing.
:)

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
I just don't like having the same Pokemon as someone else. At least, not the exact same. It feels weird having just a copy instead of the real thing.
:)

I know what you mean. I hated seeing my cousin you use my OWN pokemon against me it was frustrating. These were in the pkmn emerald days though. sigh* before d/p and all this stuff.Ar cloning didn't exist then....i think :/

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
hmm

hmmm..i wanna join as well this club seems 'interesting'..i deleted all my 'clones' it didnt feel right,i felt like i didnt raise these pokemon

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
I want to join this club, well cause I think it doesn't seam fair that when the ones who clone have more pokemon to trade than anyone else and they get to trade a lot more.

uae saif

ghosts n leadr
i like to join this club and i don't like cloned event pokemon i like original pokemon only
and i will make for this club banner

I want to join this club, well cause I think it doesn't seam fair that when the ones who clone have more pokemon to trade than anyone else and they get to trade a lot more.

i like to join this club and i don't like cloned event pokemon i like original pokemon only
and i will make for this club banner

Hey guys, welcome to the club, and uae saif, throw up a banner and you're golden. We haven't had much activity here recently, but who all has gotten a copy of japanese HG/SS?

t6r7

Well, i thought i would get one, but I think I wont really get far with the japanese text all over the place. But I am considering getting one due to all the cool things Serebii posts in the coverage.

I got Pearl in Japanese, but my Japanese skill wasn't good enough to get anywhere quickly, and I spent most of my time wandering around talking to random people trying to progress. It was very frustrating, and I probably won't try again with a Japanese cart until 5th gen comes out.

t6r7

Do you think 5th gen will come out? I dont really know how gamefreak will invent a whole new collection of pokemon and their legends. I mean, what can beat Arceus?. And by the way, what are we supposed to talk about in here? I am just wondering. :)

Ammako

Do you think 5th gen will come out? I dont really know how gamefreak will invent a whole new collection of pokemon and their legends. I mean, what can beat Arceus?. And by the way, what are we supposed to talk about in here? I am just wondering. :)

Arceus?
That's not a reason.

Oh, look! They made Mew, the ancestor Pokémon, in 1st gen, yet they still created three other generations after it.

How odd. :/

Sephiroth_Strife

I'm sure the 5th gen will happen at some point, but I'm curious as to how they will do it. Will they just keep adding on to the current number of Pokemon, topping well over 550? Or will they make a new region and only have the Gen 5 Pokemon available in it?

*previous topic* I want to import HG, but I don't know Japanese yet. Plus, I want SS to be the first one I play and I'd like it to be in English. So I'll probably just end up waiting.

t6r7

Arceus?
That's not a reason.

Oh, look! They made Mew, the ancestor Pokémon, in 1st gen, yet they still created three other generations after it.

How odd. :/

Good point. I didnt think of that. :) But, it really keeps me wondering what kind of legends they will invent.

I can't give you guys sources to the articles, but I've read in different places over the past few years that the creators of Pokémon have both storyline ideas of where to take the series as well as several hundred Pokémon ideas. There have been occasions when a Pokémon couldn't fit in a game (such as Shellos and Gastrodon were intended for Hoenn, but they cut them for memory).

I see what you mean about getting excited about the posts Serebii makes, it really makes me want to buy the game and play it as soon as possible. I haven't hardly cracked open platinum though: I've been crazy busy with school and work recently. I'm sure some day in the upcoming weeks I'll start playing ruby/sapphire again and fall in love with Pokémon like never before.

What would you guys think if Pokémon were real, would you disagree with the real life cloning or genetic mutation (like what team rocket does with mew / eevee in the first series)?

t6r7

What would you guys think if Pokémon were real, would you disagree with the real life cloning or genetic mutation (like what team rocket does with mew / eevee in the first series)?

Great question. I would say depending on the results. Even though, I can say that they havent gone really advanced on cloning this century. And if i ever meet a cloned animal I would feel all wierd seeing him. I don't really like cloning in general. I don't know why.

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Arcanum, I have to say I'd disagree with the whole pokemon cloning thing, especially if it was in real life. But you'd have to consider how different that world would be compared to how ours is now. You'd have young kids interacting with creatures that are so powerful and people aged 10 and upwards actually owning large numbers of them, with that sort of openness in the world would cloning really surface all that much and if it did how would the people react to it. People look at cloning as a way of solving things like hunger and stuff but if the pokemon were around, would they need to bother with it all that much? All the grass type pokemon would spread their influence across some of the harsher, poorer enviroments in the world and they'd help the 3rd world type countries to have food from the plants that they could create and water pokemon, as unrealistic as it sounds, could provide them with large amounts of water. We've all seen the water pokemon producing large amounts of clean water to attack, so wouldn't it be a rational thinking that if they were real that they could do the same to help the poorer regions thrive?
I feel like I've really gone off on one, comparing how much a world with pokemon would really differ to ours but I'm sure in there was a message that refered to cloning and to the life at hand... I'm just not sure what it is as I'm a little tired and I get all rambley when I'm like that. On a different note, it's a little interesting that we've gone quite a while with very little chat but as soon as someone comes and joins the place sparks with conversation =P

t6r7

Woah. Great answer. I guess pokemon would help the world a lot and no cloning would be needed. :)

And yougirasu, did you make the banner I have? Its really cool, especially for me because I really like mew.

Last edited:
I agree with t6r7, that was a great answer. I'm a little conflicted because although I think cloning is wrong for ethical reasons, I sometimes look at genetic alterations and finding myself thinking it's too cool to pass up. Especially knowing that some Pokémon wouldn't exist if there weren't any genetic alterations. I know people are really against human cloning and genetic modification, but these days it's a rare meal that has nothing genetically modified in it, and I'm sure Pokémon - being at some level used to improve our way of life - would be prime targets for similar modification. Then again... Pokémon would probably be used for food if they were real... really a world where they really existed would just be far less fun than the games and show : /

Status
Not open for further replies.