• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Okay, I have a sort of topic that has a retro feel to it and sort of relates to the upcoming releases. I have had a retro urge recently and felt like going onto my gold again, but with the battery problem that has affected my sister (although I don't know if it's plagued my games) I looked on these forums to see if people had detailed ways of fixing it. On the gold/silver section while looking for the previously mentioned threads, I found a glitch that had been discovered that produced a legitimate Celebi and with more searching (to find out how to produce a part of the glitch) I found out that using the cloning method you can obtain all 3 starters.
My proposed question/topic is did you ever use the cloning glitch to obtain all 3 starters before you really started? And if there was a way in any of the newer games to get all 3 starters before you truely start playing and it involved cloning, would you consider it?
Anyway, I'm off to dig out my gold and my GBA SP. I'm sure they're around somewhere...

did you ever use the cloning glitch to obtain all 3 starters before you really started? And if there was a way in any of the newer games to get all 3 starters before you truely start playing and it involved cloning, would you consider it?

Well, I never played Gold/Silver before, but I remember going through the game restarting and trading with my brother six times to get us both 3 starters on the original games. That really killed an afternoon all by itself... and I've done the same procedure with ruby/sapphire and more recently with diamond and pearl. However, I'd never consider using cloning as a method for getting all the starters because it's probably more difficult, complicated, or risky than just trading... and I own 3 DS systems and 4 or 5 gameboy advances -.-

Don't judge me...

Sephiroth_Strife

I did the cloning trick for Silver version so I could get all three of the starters. It wasn't that great a trick though because the first two starters, that were in your box, would end up not listening to you. I was a little disappointed by that.

Now, for these generations, I wouldn't really considering doing it. My brother has a DS, so I can just trade them over. Plus, trading eggs makes the babies obey you no matter the level, so it's even more handy.

Sephiroth_Strife

Since they all have the same ID, SID and OT they obey you.
I must've learned it a different way then, because I had to restart the game to get the second starter, then put it in the Box, shut of the game, and restart the next one to get the third and final starter. This would be resetting my ID and SID each time, so each starter would have a different one. I would give myself the same name each time so OT was identical, but that had no effect on it.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I must've learned it a different way then, because I had to restart the game to get the second starter, then put it in the Box, shut of the game, and restart the next one to get the third and final starter. This would be resetting my ID and SID each time, so each starter would have a different one. I would give myself the same name each time so OT was identical, but that had no effect on it.

Are you sure thats the way you did it, as that shouldn't work.

The way i remember doing it was;

Save before picking starter.
Get past mr.pokemon/rival battle/collect pokeballs.
Capture wild pokemon.
Deposit starter to PC Box 1.
Start to save the game but turn it off before it fully saves.
This left the original starter in the PC, and i was back at my original save point before i picked my starter.

Doing the trick this way resulted in all 3 starters having the same OT & ID#.

Last edited:

Sephiroth_Strife

Nope, my way was a little different from that. I can't actually remember all of it.. It did more of the cloning glitch in the games so you had to start over again, choosing New Game, and when you got to the box, your original Pokemon would be in there.

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
Man, this club is so inactive! anyways Pokemon Ranch is a piss off. If I pay for a game, I expect it to be compatible with Platinum! It's absolute rubbish!

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
So inactive? It's only been 2 days since you put the link in your sig. We're not a very pro-active club because besides from talking about the downsides of cloning and such there's not a whole lot to do. Plus with people having things such as jobs and school combined with Serebii's awful loading times at certain points in the day it's hardly something everyone rushes to check up on and post when there are areas that update a whole lot faster and need to be looked at often.
We really need a new topic, but I currently can't think of anything. We also might need something tourney or have some sort of contest, something just to pick things up a little so we don't become a stagnent thread and to get a feel for all the members who still bother to come around often enough to notice it. I currently don't have any suggestions or prizes for any contest or a tourney but I'm not currently playing on my Pearl either, maybe when I decide to go back on it and sort out the whole fuss over the RNG method of obtaining shinies I'll be able to put something up towards a prize. But since I avoid cheating, to figure out what I need for the RNG method I'd need a lot of candies making it a costlier prize to put up so I'd want to see it tough to earn... Lol.

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
That sounds cool, also, I'm not the only one with the crappy loading times?!?! Yay! My computer doesn't seem as crappy as it did before! Also, I have school, but I still check up on here at least once an hour (except when I'm sleeping of course)

Yeah, it's pretty hard sometimes to keep up with sppf when school, clubs, and work take up so many hours in the week. I know in a pokemon tournament I still don't have a team up and running -.- I carry ruby and sapphire everywhere, but I haven't been playing even an hour a week. Honestly I've been playing banjokazooie and metroid prime instead. Some of us who have been here a while have probably racked our brains dry of new and interesting things related to cloning to talk about, but I'd love to start up a new discussion if anyone has a good idea of something to talk about. Gotta be careful that it is cloning related though, the mods get cranky when they don't get enough sleep...

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Lol, it's funny you mentioned Ruby and Sapphire. I've just restarted my ruby with a nice team planned out and a plan to get the masters ribbon in all of the contests. I really want to try and go for all of the possible ribbons onto one pokemon, but I'm unsure of how I'd be able to give one poke the appeal needed in each catagory to give it a fighting chance.

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
hey im alive!!!!!thank goodness for the wiis internet :] yes thts what im using,it would appear that clubs...,dead but whatever your MOD is back to stay...so can someone tell me whats happened?[yea too lazy to go read] :p

Recently, the club's just been dead... unfortunately there's just so little to say about cloning and anti-cloning... and I think everyone is too busy with school / work / life to play pokémon or set up a contest or tournament or anything. If anyone has the energy... I'd sure love to partipate, even though there's no way I'd do well T-T.

Sephiroth_Strife

It has been kinda dead lately.. Mindless musings: are we still doing the whole points and rewards thing? I'm debating getting the Jirachi right now or saving up to get the Jirachi and the Celebi...

Status
Not open for further replies.