• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dig-kun

Heya, people
Well, sending this cuz I got some free time from studies, finally
This next week, til Thursday I will be here more than I have been last weeks, cuz it's holiday.
Well, we're still here, even though I won't be available too much in this year ( D: ), but I'll come here when I get a chance

I voted for arcanumghost being the new club leader, and then we'll reopen it and with everyone's support it'll be the Successful and Newest Anti-Cloning Club.
We'll post the link here when it's done, or at least arcanum ;p

Last edited:

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Okay, if anyone needs me, I'll be multi-tasking. Badly, but still I'll be multi-tasking. I've still got a lot of work to do on my attack chart to help me with PASBL reffings, I'm only up to the S attacks in regards to energy use and damage inflicted, I've barely started the added effects/boosts for the attacks and I've not even touched any extra flavour text to describe how the attacks are made.
On top of that, as well as work, driving lessons and that driving theory which I still havn't touched and I'm about 20 hours into my lessons, I plan to start a Fan Fic. But I think it may be a while before the prologue even appears upon the forums because I've thought of many ideas or hints of ideas that can be put into the story. However, I haven't gone and thought them all through. I've left some of them sort of like a mystery and quite honestly I don't even know the answers behind these mysteries, so I'm going to have to spend some time developing those ideas and developing the answers behind them as well as spreading them throughout the story before I even consider putting the prologue up as the taster for people to read. If anyone wants to look at my musings, they're at the top of the last page of the Fic Ideas and honestly, quickly looking over the mysteries that I've mentioned I only have part of one answer. So it's busy, busy, busy for me...

Goldenrod

One armed detective
May I join? I have never cloned a pokemon and I don't plan to. (Once I used the item clone to get another rare candy though... But I don't think that is really cloning)
So can I join?

So, I worked on the new thread a little this last weekend, and I know I won't be able to provide prizes all by myself... I don't even have a solid collection of berries T-T all I can consistently provide are ranch pokemon, Jirachi from the coloseum bonus disc, PBR magmortar / electivire, and maybe a few rare pokémon like Feebas or starters... Does anybody have any suggestions for things they would like to see, or even better things they could provide? I'm thinking about allowing people to provide prizes for each other in exchange for a few points (like, if you provide a ranch pokémon for someone who earned 50 points for it, you might get 5 points for helping out). Let me know what you guys have and what you think of that idea.

EDIT: Of course you can join ^^ welcome, we're planning on restarting the club soon, as soon as I finish up the first post we'll have a new thread.

Last edited:

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
Well, I've no idea how well I could help. I have been wanting to get more work done on my XD/Colosseum/Ruby which would possibly lead up to some potential prizes. The problem really with me is work and the fact that I'd rather beat up big monsters with large swords than play the same old pokemon games. But as for any sort of list, if I can get the right poke's up to the right levels I may be able to provide Rare Candys, the new evolution stones and such through pick-up poke's. I might work on finding lucky eggs, but I never had much luck with that before. Also, I can grow the stat berries apart from Leichi on my ruby and all of them on Pearl (assuming I can get enough points to buy them off PBR) other than that all I could think of are the Box pokemon (although I'm not 100% on how you get them) and a Sacred Ash or two, from XD (I'd expect that to cost a lot or be only available for high ranks as you can only get one per XD playthrough).

I'll say again though that I can't say I can give this stuff 100% since my poke drive in very low at the minute and most of them I don't currently have yet anyway...

*editing in another thought. It is possible on XD to get the 3 johto starters with the Element hyper beams and a few 'alternative' attacks if you can beat Mount Battle, you get one every time you do. It's only 100 consecutive battles, lol.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I've decided I'm too busy to be able to provide the new club what it needs. I am willing to e-mail to any prospective leader what I have so far, participate regularly, and provide prizes when I can, but my life just skyrocketed to ridiculously busy, and I don't have time for it anymore.

Joining, I don't like the whole idea of cloning.

Welcome to you and flygonabsol99. Lunyka, you'll need to add a signature or link of some kind to your signature to be added to the list of club members. See mine or flygonabsol99's signatures for an example of what it should look like / do. If you want, you can simply copy this and paste it in to your signature:

Code:
[NOPARSE][url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=183232][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/arcanineghost/anti-cloning.gif[/IMG][/url][/NOPARSE]

Dig-kun

Here just to say hi,
I said I had no time and that was the first time I could get to come here just to see how things are doing (D: I already needed to be sleeping)
I see Arcanum posted he's way busy, so we'll have to think of a way of administrating the new club with the new leader, which I think it's still going to be decided.
I hope next time I come here, it's already decided :p And then I can provide any info if necessary, though I think Arcanum will give'em better than me.

Here just to say hi,
I said I had no time and that was the first time I could get to come here just to see how things are doing (D: I already needed to be sleeping)
I see Arcanum posted he's way busy, so we'll have to think of a way of administrating the new club with the new leader, which I think it's still going to be decided.
I hope next time I come here, it's already decided :p And then I can provide any info if necessary, though I think Arcanum will give'em better than me.

Someone has already picked up where I left off creating the new thread, and so far I'd say he's doing a better job than me. So no worries dig : 3 Also I think he's been waiting to contact you on msn to discuss some things because of your mod status in the club. Hopefully you guys get in contact soon.

Sephiroth_Strife

As far as I'm aware there's no way to tell if a pokemon's a clone or not. The safest way to do a fair trade and not get a cloned pokemon would be with a friend who you know wouldn't clone or with any of the members in this club who've sort of taken a vow not to clone (I say sort of because there's no official vow or anything like that, we just reject the option to clone).

I'd still like to know the method to get pokemon with perfect IV's via the RNG, but it looks like I'll have to google it. I'd love a perfect Gallade *drools over keyboard*
Not to push traffic there instead of here, but smogon.com has a whole thread, if not entire board, devoted to RNG stuff.

zennyrpg

Hello all, I'm joining this club. I agree with the idea that cloning makes trading unbalanced.

Welcome to the club : 3 post why you don't like cloning or some other topic about cloning you'd like to discuss, add one of the banners from the front page to your signature, and hope you have a great time ^^

It's been awhile, and on numerous occasions I announced I would stay, but I've gotten deeply involved in HG/SS, so I'm going to stick around Serebii for awhile, if you need any help moderating, if not, that's fine too. I guess Leebui quit awhile back, eh?

I was just curious on cloning (Not a member of the club, but would like to be,). I have never tried cloning but recently I have thought about it to get masterballs (In case a random shiny that is dangerous, Geodude with Selfdesturct or a Medicham in Snowpoint City) or get the Lati's and Legendary dogs in every version I have (I wouldn't need it but it would be nice). I checked and it would take about 32 times of restarting a Fire Red or Leaf Green to get all 3 on every version (R,S,E,D,P,Pt,Lg,Fr). And 16 for the Lati's. If I were to ever do that, which I seriously doubt too much risk, and I only did it for that and for non-trading purposes would it still be 'against' the club's objections to cloning? I don't want to be a firebrand. I'm just curious.

In my opinion, whatever you do offline is your decision, and I shouldn't give two shits. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself, so why should it matter?

giovanni900

Sinnoh Champ
I would like to join, but first i have a sad story to tell.

I used to be a cloner *GASP*

But now i am commited to not having 10 rayquazas, because i released all of them.

Yup every single one. because i don't know which is the original anymore.

So i will stop cloning, and with God as my witness i will throw my Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby out the window.
yup im joining wether you like it or not

SoulSilverSwampert

Pokemon Breeder
I'm definitely joining this. I've been the victim of cloning many a time over wi-fi. =C

Hey guys, welcome to the new members. Below is the code you'll need if you want a club banner in your signature. You don't have to be that dramatic about XD we don't control the way people play. If someone gets more out of pokémon by cloning or hacking, that's their own deal. In general, regardless of individual practice / philosophy, we support keeping cloned pokémon off the internet because it alters the value of hard work that goes in to legitimately obtained valuable pokémon.

Code:
[NOPARSE][url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=183232][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/arcanineghost/anti-cloning.gif[/IMG][/url][/NOPARSE]

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
Guess who's backk ;) Now let's get this club out've the gutter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.