• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NEW Anti-Cloning Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylie25

Hooray for cheese
Not everyone can clone. Some people don't own Emerald, and some people don't know the glitch even exists.

And we're not trying to get rid of cloning, either (Since only ones who can really do anything about that are the people who design the games).

I fail to see how cloning makes the game more challenging in any way whatsoever. It does the complete opposite, as you have access to an infinite amount of Pokemon to use for trading purposes (Which makes getting everything you ever desired extremely easy, when it shouldn't be), as well as access to an infinite amount of all the items.

I find it more challenging because you have to come up with good strategies to beat other peoples really good teams, which have become good from cloning to get the stuff they need.
I am happy that you guys aren't cloning because cloning can be really addictive, but it ruins the spirit of the game, so im gonna try and stop it too.

groudone

Wii play Wii
I wanna join!!!! I'M FED UP OF THE CLONING BUSSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yougirasu

Patience? Virtue?
I want to get Lugia, but I don't have the game yet. I might try getting it soon though.I have alot of purifying to do before I get Ho-oh. ;249;;250;

Keyblader;330;

keyblader, when i get pearl and can transfer a lugia over i could trade you one. It's easy enough to get on xd(i finished it within a week when i first got it)

NeoRox

Stingrazor02
i'd like 2 join.. the reason..?
i did clone.. but it kinda spoils the fun in training.. you dont have 2 do a darn thing 2 get a 2nd lvl 100 poke or legendary.. so kinda messes up the game.. its ment to train a pokemon.. but with this.. its to easy..

Rabid_Latias

Got Latias?
Without even owning this game yet, I can see by the trades going on the Clonings effecting the Wi-Fi big time, with lots of shinys and Event Pokemon getting traded. Such a shame too.

Anyway, when D/P comes out, Im looking for a bunch of Pokemon. But, one I want more then anyother: Cyndaquil (Egg form). I could never get XD or Colo, and I cant legitimately get it in Emerald. IVs and moves dont matter to me for Cyndaquil. Also, a Phione would be nice too. It goes without saying, both being Legit.

One last thing too: The point I joined this was because I dont like abusing glitches, it ruins the games Spirit. Yet, Pokemon from the E4 glitch are being put up as prizes for posting. While very tempting, its still a glitch being abused, same as this. Wouldnt it be better if we could get a prize to take its place. After all, its a bit hypocritical, aint it?

NeoRox

Stingrazor02
I'd like to be in the point system..
Link in banner
made 2 banners

Made a banner and didnt kno where 2 post them..

tacclucario11jm8.png
tacclucario12fy5.png

[Edit]

Made an other..

taccelekible1jw7.png
taccelekible2kv3.png

[Edit2]
if you like a banner you can request one to.. (so i dont have 2 think of what 2 put in them =P)

Last edited:

Leebui

Questionable...
Yet, Pokemon from the E4 glitch are being put up as prizes for posting. While very tempting, its still a glitch being abused, same as this. Wouldnt it be better if we could get a prize to take its place. After all, its a bit hypocritical, aint it?

If you don't want it, don't ask for it. A legit Celebi is only a few points away. :)

The reason I put it up is because I hate events. They're far away, hard to get to, and annoying. Seeing as they're one of the few event Pokemon I can get at anytime, they're just there for those, like me, or the many Europeans, that rarely can attend events.

Besides, after I went to the TRU Mew one, I ain't going back to one in a while.

Btw, today's Point and member edit day. :D

Rabid_Latias

Got Latias?
If you don't want it, don't ask for it. A legit Celebi is only a few points away. :)

The reason I put it up is because I hate events. They're far away, hard to get to, and annoying. Seeing as they're one of the few event Pokemon I can get at anytime, they're just there for those, like me, or the many Europeans, that rarely can attend events.

Besides, after I went to the TRU Mew one, I ain't going back to one in a while.

Btw, today's Point and member edit day. :D

Fair enough. The E4 glitch is legit because its too much hastle and time for people to go though to get a Pokemon. Plus, your not manipulating the data to create mass ammounts of them or anything, you have to get to the E4 to even do it. Once per save, it takes a while to get to the E4, so its understandable.

Ill be off. I restarted Emerald a few days ago, got bored with it. Ill probably play that.

Alakazam

I like cheerios.
I am really sorry for my inactivity. My birthday party and everything takes it all out of me.

I also agree that cloning for infinite items is BAD! Why clone for items. You should have to trade for them like you used to.

nivek

... Yawn?
After ages of editing, I'm done. The member list is complete, and the Points added up (correctly I hope).

Btw, if you don't say you want to join the Point System, I automatically assume you don't want to participate in it. Remember that.

nivek, yes, they'll be distributed via Wi-Fi.
Then I suppose I won't participate in the prizes, I don't have wi-fi or a location that has wi-fi nearby...

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
if its ok leebui i'll help out some here who seem to think that they have no way of accessing wi-fi.

you haev clearly been misinformed

firstly you do not need a wireless internet connection, it does help if you do but its not necessary.

all you need is a 512Kbps internet connection and an item like this

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wi-F...78?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1173019464&sr=8-2

Product Description
Don't have a wireless router but want to play your Nintendo DS online? You need the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. The USB Connector is a dedicated wireless access point that plugs into a USB port on your PC. It uses your PC to access your existing high-speed internet connection. Multiple Nintendo DS systems may be registered to the USB Connector and up to five (5) DS systems can enjoy online game play at the same time. NOTE: The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is NOT required to play your Nintendo DS online. If you already own a wireless router, you should be set to go. For information on connection options and compatible routers, please check with your router manufacturer. The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector will ONLY work with the Nintendo DS. In order to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, you will need: PC (The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not Mac compatible) Windows XP A high-speed internet connection (such as DSL or cable) A Wi-Fi compatible Nintendo DS game and, of course, a Nintendo DS. Before you buy! Even if your computer meets these requirements, your home network may still not be compatible with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector comes with: Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector device CD-ROM containing device drivers and the Nintendo DS registration application USB Extension Cable Instructions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.